Linear Matias keyboard review (Matias Quiet Linear)

Chyros

03 Dec 2016, 16:53

There's so little about Matias' new Quiet Linear switches out there, so I did a review on a keyboard modified with them in! Hope you enjoy!

Ray

03 Dec 2016, 17:07

I guess you don't get along with ergonomic layouts, because there it is really hard to hit space with your indexfinger :P
I might have to try the matias linears, let's see if 7bit has them in stock

Chyros

03 Dec 2016, 20:07

Ray wrote: I guess you don't get along with ergonomic layouts, because there it is really hard to hit space with your indexfinger :P
I might have to try the matias linears, let's see if 7bit has them in stock
The worst is that they're split. I don't honour the whole "hands stay on one specific side of the board" rule so it's a total nightmare for me.

PollandAkuma

07 Dec 2016, 13:16

Even worse is that no one really produces 50g Alps springs and that no one really sells these as much as the other Matiases either...

sems

07 Dec 2016, 14:58

Thanks for the review! What do you think about finding custom keycaps for Matias? I'm looking at them for a possible Planck build but even olkb doesn't sell Maitas keycaps.

Chyros

07 Dec 2016, 15:08

Matias will be making PBT keycaps at some point if that's what you're wondering, they recently acquired PBT dyesub tooling. Alps mount is the most common vintage mount, so finding caps isn't actually that hard. As for fancy custom caps, I don't know, I'm not very familiar with that market.

sems

07 Dec 2016, 16:17

Where I live, vintage keyboards are really hard to come by so that won't be an option I'm afraid.
Let's see if Matias can produce nice quality blank caps. Thanks again.

rominronin

21 Apr 2020, 14:10

I enjoyed the video on YT, thanks.

Return to “Reviews”