Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M review (Cherry MX Green)

Chyros

12 Mar 2017, 14:01

Ticking a lot of request boxes here, a modern, premium gaming keyboard, and Cherry MX green. And it's a pretty interesting beast of itself to boot! Hope you enjoy :) .

Laser
emacs -nw

12 Mar 2017, 15:50

That "random" lightning mode you mention, it could be a game (snake or something else) that one could play *on* the keyboard itself.

Overall, no matter if sponsored or not, truly subjective or not and letting aside those debates, I think if these videos become more popular it will be a good thing - if only to make *other* keyboard reviewers (you know, those who review Logitech, Razors etc. gimmicks) to learn what features to look for in a keyboard to base their future reviews on. Spreading keyboard science to the masses, that sort of thing.

dokyun

12 Mar 2017, 18:16

I got one of these as a hand-me-down and used it at work for a while where I have to use the nav cluster and num pad extensively, on a desk where space is a premium. Fits the bill there in a small package, definitely.

I found after a while though that I started getting into the habit of hitting numlock whenever I needed to input numbers, regardless of the keyboard I was on. That's fine if this is your only keyboard, but for anyone on this forum I think that disqualifies it right away...not that I think anyone here was seriously looking into one of these, but I think if anyone else ever tries to do this style layout again in a custom or whatever, it should be considered that you will definitely start hitting the numlock out of habit when you need to use the numpad on other boards.

The keys started to get shiny after only a few months use and, at least on the version I had, it used a bottom row layout that was non-standard and impossible to find replacement keys for. I sold it and got a Realforce instead :-P

Chyros

12 Mar 2017, 18:43

dokyun wrote: I got one of these as a hand-me-down and used it at work for a while where I have to use the nav cluster and num pad extensively, on a desk where space is a premium. Fits the bill there in a small package, definitely.

I found after a while though that I started getting into the habit of hitting numlock whenever I needed to input numbers, regardless of the keyboard I was on. That's fine if this is your only keyboard, but for anyone on this forum I think that disqualifies it right away...not that I think anyone here was seriously looking into one of these, but I think if anyone else ever tries to do this style layout again in a custom or whatever, it should be considered that you will definitely start hitting the numlock out of habit when you need to use the numpad on other boards.

The keys started to get shiny after only a few months use and, at least on the version I had, it used a bottom row layout that was non-standard and impossible to find replacement keys for. I sold it and got a Realforce instead :-P
Yes, I'm doing the same thing with the board I swapped it for, as well xD . It's a pretty easy habit to get into, but I'm sure it'll be easy to shed in its absence as well, though. I switch between boards so often that changing routine is now pretty natural.

Ail

12 Mar 2017, 19:24

Agree wholeheartedly on the layout. TKL looks worse and is less useful. Definitely my favorite feature of these boards. If they cut out the F row and ESC key, it would be even better.

Entropia

13 Mar 2017, 00:06

This layout would be perfect for me except for the positions of the home, pgup, end and pgdown positions on the numpad. I'm used to the standard positions of these keys in traditional layouts and I use them a lot for browsing text documents.
For a long time I thought that the only solution for me was to pick 100% keyboards... until I found out about the 1800 layout (or form factor if you prefer). That's why my next keyboard will be a Leopold FC980M. That is really the best solution ever conceived, because you have a standard numpad, standard cursors and you save 8 cm of width aproximately. Have you considered reviewing this model in the future? I'd really love it. Your reviews are always fantastic to watch.

Chyros

13 Mar 2017, 00:20

Entropia wrote: This layout would be perfect for me except for the positions of the home, pgup, end and pgdown positions on the numpad. I'm used to the standard positions of these keys in traditional layouts and I use them a lot for browsing text documents.
For a long time I thought that the only solution for me was to pick 100% keyboards... until I found out about the 1800 layout (or form factor if you prefer). That's why my next keyboard will be a Leopold FC980M. That is really the best solution ever conceived, because you have a standard numpad, standard cursors and you save 8 cm of width aproximately. Have you considered reviewing this model in the future? I'd really love it. Your reviews are always fantastic to watch.
Thanks! I don't have a Leopold, though.

Return to “Reviews”