CST L-Trac-X

Sugoi

16 Apr 2011, 23:16

runeazn wrote:higher is better :)
nah joking, just try it, everybody has different likiness <><< awesome word :p
Mhh, my Steelseries Xai is set to 900 dpi (only switch to 450 dpi in shooters for sniping). Dunno if that mouse resolution example can be adopted for trackballs, though.

Anyways, "trying" is a bit difficult or rather would become quite a costy matter in my case since I have to import. Which is why I'm interested in which resolution you guys use in general. I mean if don't need 3200 cpi spending 30 GBP more would be quite "wasteful" if you know what I mean.

ripster

23 Apr 2011, 18:23

3200 dpi rocks a multimonitor setup.

If anyone wants to help build a trackball DPI database please roll a trackball for me here.

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?1735 ... nkey-Balls

xbb

23 Apr 2011, 18:53

Where I can buy this in Europe?

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

24 Apr 2011, 13:47

Check their website, it has a map of retailers.

ripster

24 Apr 2011, 16:00

Whatever you do don't buy a Kensington. Their DPI sucks. 300 to 500 dpi is shameful.

The Logitech M570 is the new Microsoft Trackball Optical killer too in terms of DPI. I'm getting around 700dpi (it's probably a 800dpi optical part, haven't taken it apart).

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

24 Apr 2011, 17:43

Once dirt gets into those plastic nibs on the Kensington Expert Mouse, it's very hard to clean it out.

Shame, loved the scrollwheel on that thing.

British

04 May 2011, 09:24

daedalus wrote:Check their website, it has a map of retailers.
If you're talking about Fentek, could you provide a link to said map ?
I couldn't find such a thing on their site...

woody
Count Troller

04 May 2011, 10:23

ripster wrote:Whatever you do don't buy a Kensington. Their DPI sucks. 300 to 500 dpi is shameful.
1000. But otherwise, good trolling.

Sugoi

21 May 2011, 01:28

British wrote:If you're talking about Fentek, could you provide a link to said map ?
I couldn't find such a thing on their site...
He was referring to the manufacturer's site (CST). Fentek is one of the retailers. ^_~

Anyways, here you go: http://clearlysuperiortech.com/wheretobuy.html

ripster

21 May 2011, 03:37

woody wrote:
ripster wrote:Whatever you do don't buy a Kensington. Their DPI sucks. 300 to 500 dpi is shameful.
1000. But otherwise, good trolling.
Nope, not trolling. Science.

See the Trackball Wiki here for detailed DPI trackball listings.

woody
Count Troller

21 May 2011, 21:49

Ripster, when I'm not so lazy/tired as just right now, I'll redo the Slimblade measuring. One day I found out how to put the PC software acceleration out of the equation.

charlie872

21 Jun 2011, 14:05

xbb wrote:Where I can buy this in Europe?
You can get it from http://www.computerware.co.uk.
Last edited by charlie872 on 16 Oct 2011, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

xbb

21 Jun 2011, 14:07

charlie872 wrote:
xbb wrote:Where I can buy this in Europe?
You can get it from http://www.computerware.co.uk, but I wouldn't, because they are spammers.
Got it already, thanks :)

Grond

26 Jun 2011, 13:35

@Lootbag, where did you get the Ducky tenkeyless wristrest?

lootbag

07 Aug 2011, 04:15

Grond wrote:@Lootbag, where did you get the Ducky tenkeyless wristrest?
http://global.pchome.com.tw/?mod=item&f ... NO=15&tm=u

mSSM

24 Mar 2012, 01:49

Old thread, but I am going to ask anyway: where did you buy that beast? Somewhere in Europe, by any chance?

fim

12 Apr 2012, 23:52

I've also been looking for info regarding the wrist rest but I couldn't find anything. If anyone knows where can I get this rest or one that is/feels similar, I'd be grateful :)

@mSSM: In europe, there is computer ware who carry CST trackballs and they also currently have a 10% discount on all trackballs so it might be a good time to get one from them.

mSSM

13 Apr 2012, 08:52

fim wrote:I've also been looking for info regarding the wrist rest but I couldn't find anything. If anyone knows where can I get this rest or one that is/feels similar, I'd be grateful :)

@mSSM: In europe, there is computer ware who carry CST trackballs and they also currently have a 10% discount on all trackballs so it might be a good time to get one from them.
Thanks! I bought it from there already, actually. :) Silly me didn't read the thread properly; someone already mentioned that you can get the trackball ComputerWare.

I am interested in the little wrist rest shown in the side profile pictures, too.

fossala
Elite +1

13 Apr 2012, 09:06

That is where I bought mine from. I even emailed him to ask if I ordeded 30mins after the cut of for postage could he still post it and he did.

LTVR

01 Jul 2012, 00:21

Hi Guys, for those of you who are interested in the wrist support, I have some news: it is a VERY BAD IDEA!
You should support your hands on the palms not on the wrist, since supporting on the wrist will block blood circulation to the hand and increase the possibility of RSI.

Here is a quote from the OSHA's website (Occupational Safety & Health Administration)
http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/compute ... rests.html

"Your hands should move freely and be elevated above the wrist/palm rest while typing. When resting, the pad should contact the heel or palm of your hand, not your wrist."

GH1391401

01 Jul 2012, 04:09

^^ agreed - if I do use some kind of rest it is for the palms. If there is no rest my hands float in the air (a la piano). With the CST L-Trac it comes with a giant palm rest as a part of the design.

Julle

26 Jan 2013, 20:35

The ComputerWare website claims that CST has discontinued the L-trac-X. Is this true?

fossala
Elite +1

26 Jan 2013, 20:43

Julle wrote:The ComputerWare website claims that CST has discontinued the L-trac-X. Is this true?
No, just the 3200dpi version.

Julle

27 Jan 2013, 16:29

I thought that the L-trac-X was the 3200 dpi version.

bjarven

09 Apr 2014, 12:25

I thought I'd do a bit of marketing here... :oops:

Massdrop has the L-Trac-X in the 1600 dpi variant available now, and it's the best way I've seen to get it to Europe. It's on for 119 plus 8 dollars shipping. Haven't seen it that cheap anywhere else, if I've missed some place, let me know!

Return to “Reviews”