Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 review (Razer Green)

Chyros

06 Oct 2018, 11:27

Bit of a rant this week, but an interesting keyboard nonetheless! Hope you enjoy the video :) .

digital_matthew

06 Oct 2018, 18:18

I knew this was going to be a great review when I saw that you had impaled that PoS with a toothpick.

Spearra

06 Oct 2018, 18:20

Less than a week of use and it already starts failing? I've heard of cheap rubber domes over membranes and some cheapo Chinese "not fake Cherry MX" keyboards failing within 3-5 months. But not even a single week?! :?: :?: :?:
It doesn't help that it is in the 3 figure range price wise. Imagine the amount of cheapo rubber domes over membrane(s) you can buy that would (probably) last you longer than a year. In some cases, slightly over 5 years of intense use.

Also, "gaming", has a Mac keyboard layout. Pick one. I've been tilted by gaming specs shenanigans in the past, but this is on a whole-nother level! I reckon that a Mac user would just use their stock Apple keyboard because they basically have the same actual specs as the Razer keyboard, except if it didn't fail within a week. When an average modern Apple keyboard is better, you know a bunch of people messed up BIG TIME. Its like Cherry MX. Yes they're average across the board, but they're consistently so. They consistently work as intended (give or take a few factory defects here and there).

Wodan
ISO Advocate

06 Oct 2018, 18:24

Spearra wrote: Less than a week of use and it already starts failing? I've heard of cheap rubber domes over membranes and some cheapo Chinese "not fake Cherry MX" keyboards failing within 3-5 months. But not even a single week?! :?: :?: :?:
From the company that also brought you Box Switches ;)

snot

07 Oct 2018, 00:07

I like how even with a premium price tag they still switched to cherry clone switches probably just to increase profit margins by a couple dollars.

xxhellfirexx

07 Oct 2018, 01:46

snot wrote: I like how even with a premium price tag they still switched to cherry clone switches probably just to increase profit margins by a couple dollars.
Same with DAS.

FXT
XT

07 Oct 2018, 03:06

Amazing that Razer can get away charging so much for a complete pile of crap! Just think of the Model Fs you could buy for that kind of money.

Elrick

07 Oct 2018, 03:35

FXT wrote: Amazing that Razer can get away charging so much for a complete pile of crap!
It's called PR.

Razer has always produced GARBAGE with every product release especially in the Mouse range. Yet they're still earning profit on the "Gaming" Label hierarchy.

They get ALL the POSITIVE publicity via their 'promoters' (paid shills).

Perfect example where the 'promotion' is far more important than the actual product, keeping them alive and profitable.

abrahamstechnology

07 Oct 2018, 18:13

I got the chassis for a non-backlit, 10keyless one that originally had MX Blue switches for a custom project. Hopefully it doesn't have the same software/controller issues. Model number: RZ03-0081

Return to “Reviews”