Corsair K70 Rapidfire review (Cherry MX Speed Silver)

Chyros

27 Oct 2018, 11:55

Today we finally tackle the famous Corsair K70! Hope you enjoy the video! :)

Elrick

27 Oct 2018, 12:18

Now this is something, a review on a Corsair Keyboard :lol: .

Know you're trying to be fair with the mainstream junk currently being sold everywhere on this planet but I feel you've been far more relaxed/pulling punches with this review.

Corsair is another Razer piece of Trash. Together with their Synapse copied bloatware, that no normal person should ever consider installing. I would instead leave these style of keyboards far away from DT because it's now tarnished with gaming stupidity, which is typical of elsewhere on the World Wide Web.

You're trying to compare the level of insipid design and quality of these rubbish keyboards but I would prefer seeing you review far BETTER keyboards than this crapola.

Nice review though, well worth noting the degree of Gamery fail with this type of Keyboard ;) .

Chyros

27 Oct 2018, 12:42

Elrick wrote: Now this is something, a review on a Corsair Keyboard :lol: .

Know you're trying to be fair with the mainstream junk currently being sold everywhere on this planet but I feel you've been far more relaxed/pulling punches with this review.
Well, compared to the Razer, it does have a quite significant advantage - it still works after a week's worth of use :p .

Elrick

27 Oct 2018, 14:37

Chyros,

Did you hear about Varmilo releasing some new switches as well;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcbKnelojRs

You have to do a review on these - EC Rosery and EC Sakura.

Very interesting times we all live in, the influx of new switches is quite staggering.

Sangdrax

27 Oct 2018, 15:40

You know, what bugs me the most about this board other than the software is the actual selling point, the high actuation and short throw. It's even my main complaint about otherwise awesome vintage switches like Futaba MD. Now I kind of wonder if a converted Televideo or something would make a good gaming keyboard review.

Chyros

27 Oct 2018, 16:06

Elrick wrote: Chyros,

Did you hear about Varmilo releasing some new switches as well;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcbKnelojRs

You have to do a review on these - EC Rosery and EC Sakura.

Very interesting times we all live in, the influx of new switches is quite staggering.
Wait, but those are still contact-based switches, it seems. What's the point?! Oo

Elrick

28 Oct 2018, 00:54

Chyros wrote: Wait, but those are still contact-based switches, it seems. What's the point?! Oo
Oh right, but choosing to review dozens of Kailh, Zealio, Cherry switches was worth doing, even though they're ALL the same (using your own depraved logic here)?

The point is doing MORE reviews on ALL switches that CAN be used and that ARE available for purchase NOW.

Review something that is NICE and can actually be bought (available) and used today, BESIDES solely concentrating upon keyboards and hardware from the 1960s, 70's or 80's - ALL unattainable (of course no more Razer or Corsair junk).
Last edited by Elrick on 28 Oct 2018, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

zrrion

28 Oct 2018, 00:57

I think he just reviews what he has or what he is given? This isn't like his full time job or anything. Plus the old stuff is what I come to the channel to see! If he sold out like you are suggesting there wouldn't be much point is watching his videos.

Chyros

28 Oct 2018, 00:57

Elrick wrote:
Chyros wrote: Wait, but those are still contact-based switches, it seems. What's the point?! Oo
Oh right, but choosing to review dozens of Kailh, Zealio, Cherry switches was worth doing, even though they're ALL the same (using your own depraved logic here)?

The point is doing MORE reviews on ALL switches that CAN be used and that ARE available for purchase NOW.

Review something that is NICE and can actually be bought (available) and used today, BESIDES solely concentrating upon keyboards and hardware from the 1960s, 70's or 80's (of course no more Razer or Corsair junk).
I meant, what was the point of them designing it :p .

Elrick

28 Oct 2018, 01:02

zrrion wrote: I think he just reviews what he has or what he is given? This isn't like his full time job or anything. Plus the old stuff is what I come to the channel to see! If he sold out like you are suggesting there wouldn't be much point is watching his videos.
And he's done how many old keyboards by now? Way more than the equivalent number of modern keyboards.

No ones telling him to solely concentrate upon NEWER keyboards here but to INCLUDE more of them (not Razer or Corsair) as well.

Christ, when someone mentions the REAL world here that we all inhabit, suddenly it becomes a choice between this or that. It's called doing MORE reviews on just about EVERYTHING instead of limiting down the reviews to a narrow spectrum of hardware.

Elrick

28 Oct 2018, 01:05

Chyros wrote: I meant, what was the point of them designing it :p .
Actually don't know myself but with the Kailh BOX switches there is certainly a BIG difference with feel and I still love my Navy's behold any rational explanation.

So maybe YES they're all the same to you BUT to myself the BOX Navy's is nothing like any other Cherry MX switch design simply because it doesn't feel like your pedestrian Cherry switch (which are now boring).

The only possible reason why the Chinese are sticking to the Cherry MX switch shape is of course the BILLIONS of key-caps available for them. Hence why they are still staying with the Cherry MX shape but making slight modifications inside it.

Wish they could compress down a Beamspring Switch structure into a Cherry MX shape, then I'll be truly astounded with what they can do. Pity NO one else on Planet Earth is bothering, except here in the West were we are busy making ever more Military Hardware to play with instead.

Return to “Reviews”