Optimus Maximus Keyboard review (Cherry ML)

Chyros

22 Dec 2018, 11:50

To end the year, we're looking at a rather special keyboard; the Optimus Maximus keyboard. Hope you enjoy the video, and happy holidays! :)

Elrick

23 Dec 2018, 00:00

Weird how Cherry trumps up again by torpedoing this keyboard from the get go.

Poor Russians, didn't know how badly made switches from the German's can indeed destroy any kind of keyboard design.

Suspect they tried to use a low profile switch so they mistakenly chose the ML travesty here, which was their undoing. They should of stuck with some standardized switches which of course would of made the whole keyboard far Bigger in height.

Would of preferred them using some kind of Alps design instead, imagine for the price they were asking they could of used some kind of customized Blue-Alps model instead (Made in China). Would of lasted far longer than the Cherry ML excrement.

Nice review and you've indeed provided a look see on another massive Keyboard failure. Still can't believe that anyone would still build a Cherry ML switched keyboard these days, massive disaster on every level.

Know there are lot's of Cherry Flelchers here on this forum site but sometimes the FACTS speak for themselves. Thanks to Chyros he has again shown the depths of extreme depravity that Cherry can sink into (almost deep sewage style) when it comes to selling garbage to the innocent and the inept.

As usual, not apologizing to anyone in regards to Cherry's never ending production of garbage switches, there would indeed be a special place in Hell for the arsehole who approved the production of these switches, from the very beginning.

digital_matthew

23 Dec 2018, 02:02

It would be funny to put jpegs of Selectric blue keycaps on those screens.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Dec 2018, 08:43

Elrick wrote: Image
Fixed that for you.

Not only it would have made your diatribe much shorter and easier to read while having the exact same content,
but this way you would at least have avoided your common orthography issue with "They should of stuck" and "Would of preferred" instead of "They should have stuck" and "Would have preferred".

You seem to have been in a kind of self-disqualifying mood today anyway:
Elrick wrote: […] That is what makes your keyboard truly BRILLIANT. The louder it is, the better it feels ;) .

Muirium
µ

23 Dec 2018, 22:32

Schooled. ‘Nuff said.

I’m as much of an IBM and Topre fan as Elrick, I’d weigh a guess. But slamming Cherry at every opportunity (and then some) is no way to achieve anything, besides a good seeing to by Mr. Choc.

You can always tell the partisans in a room apart from the rest, ask them a question and they’ll never answer the one you said, they’re too busy being counts. So we, uh, almost say in Scotland.

flowerlandfilms

24 Dec 2018, 04:08

I understand, appreciate and acknowledge the design failures and flaws of this keyboard.
So why do I still want it so much?

depletedvespene

24 Dec 2018, 04:10

flowerlandfilms wrote: I understand, appreciate and acknowledge the design failures and flaws of this keyboard.
So why do I still want it so much?
... because it's still pretty cool.

Return to “Reviews”