Maltron single-handed keyboard review (Cherry MX Black)

Chyros

23 May 2020, 11:16

I think you can already guess what's coming :p . Hope you enjoy the video!

kelvinhall05

23 May 2020, 23:12

I love how this board is already fucking horrible and then they go ahead and make it worse with the build quality that makes a Cherry G80-3000 look like it's built like an Omnikey.

You should make a video gaming on it :lol:

Findecanor

Yesterday, 03:51

I think the swearing and the hate on special-needs keyboards has gone a bit out of hand.

It's not interesting and it's not entertaining.

kelvinhall05

Yesterday, 04:06

Findecanor wrote:
I think the swearing and the hate on special-needs keyboards has gone a bit out of hand.

While I see where you're coming from, they could've done this in a much better way. Start by building it well, then by making it slightly more of a standard qwerty, and then focus on it being usable with one hand (which a normal keyboard I'd say already is, but that's just my opinion).

kbdfr
The Tiproman

Yesterday, 08:17

Findecanor wrote:

I wouldn't have opened the video without this comment.
And to be honest, I stopped watching some time after the flurry of impecations (at ~1:18 of 16:19) coming shortly after saying "[…] it was developed as an ergonomic keyboard for one-handed people […]" and starting with:
[…] fuck me, I think I’d have it bad enough if I lost one of my limbs without having to use a manifest nightmare like this piece of motherfuckness […]
(I prefer not to quote it in its entirety).

[ad hominem rant]
Obviously Chyros has now become one of those YouTube influencers with an audience large enough to generate notable income and also attract advertisers for even more income, and thus feeling authoritative enough, a celebrity somehow compelled to be different from others and do such things as, for example, making fun (at ~2:32) of a head/mouth stick keyboard intended "for someone with no hands at all".

Somehow I feel sorry that this post will bump the thread and motivate people to watch the video,
thus generating more undeserved income for Chyros.
[/end of ad hominem rant]

t8c

Yesterday, 13:12

I think the review gets way better once you get the swearing out of the way. From 6 minutes it's a solid and interesting video!

Return to “Reviews”