Razer Huntsman v2 analog keyboard review (Light Strike Libra Analog)

Chyros

26 Apr 2021, 20:53

Today we look at Razer's hew v2 Huntsman, the analog version of the optoelectric Huntsman I've reviewed previously. This ought to be quite something.... and as it turned out, it was! :D hope you enjoy the video! :)

Reshala

27 Apr 2021, 07:15

really wish razer can come up with more layout

Muirium
µ

27 Apr 2021, 11:01

"It's good now."

Well, for certain values of good. I could never stand those goddamn legends for a start. And a wobbly wrist rest? C'mon man!

The most serious issue is the USB stutter. Care to try plugging it into an iPad or a Mac? Curious what they've fucked up there exactly. :lol:

Go-Kart

27 Apr 2021, 14:02

The QA issues on this board are odd. Razer mice, other peripherals and their laptops appear are typically praised as being the standard (for gaming products anyway).

Chyros

29 Apr 2021, 21:11

Muirium wrote:
"It's good now."

Well, for certain values of good. I could never stand those goddamn legends for a start. And a wobbly wrist rest? C'mon man!

The most serious issue is the USB stutter. Care to try plugging it into an iPad or a Mac? Curious what they've fucked up there exactly. :lol:
Well the RGB issues are only an issue for people who care about RGB, and something similar goes for the wrist rest of course xD .

I do feel I should elaborate on the USB issue though. It very specifically happened only when my mic was actively working and the board was plugged in via a USB-1 "intermediary". I have no idea why this specific set of conditions caused this set of symptoms but it was 100% repeatable. Without using the mic, it wasn't really a problem though.

Muirium
µ

29 Apr 2021, 22:06

Hmm. Weird.

In my experience (and I’ve a lot at this specifically) USB 1.1 (the only version of 1 you’ll ever encounter in practice) is perfectly capable of even NKRO monster keyboards like a Model F XT on Soarer’s converter. The link speed is no issue at all for human typing speeds. It’s a megabit or so as I recall. Enough for many, many thousands of key events per second.

The mic suggests something more device specific. Maybe the chipset in the USB host.

Go-Kart

29 Apr 2021, 22:13

I'd wager current draw.

Elrick

30 Apr 2021, 04:02

Muirium wrote:
"It's good now."

When I see a Razer Keyboard being venerated by Chyros, it's like witnessing 'Biden praising Trump' for something, what has happened in this disturbed World :shock: .

Anytime I see any 'decent people' testing any of Razer Deplorables, they then join the long line of Youtube Spruikers. Trying to earn a living above all else.

Chyros

30 Apr 2021, 07:54

Elrick wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 04:02
Muirium wrote:
"It's good now."

When I see a Razer Keyboard being venerated by Chyros, it's like witnessing 'Biden praising Trump' for something, what has happened in this disturbed World :shock: .

Anytime I see any 'decent people' testing any of Razer Deplorables, they then join the long line of Youtube Spruikers. Trying to earn a living above all else.
Surely it's not so weird I like some aspects of the keyboard I told them to make, is it? :p

Muirium
µ

30 Apr 2021, 09:21

But your ultimately devious motive is to mislead them, as they have such respect for your product engineering nous, so you've always something to complain about! If they made a thoroughly good keyboard, think of the video! No, no, much better they screw that pooch good and royal like. Woof! :lol:

It's not like someone can just stand up and be perfectly honest on the internet. We know your game! ;)

Chyros

30 Apr 2021, 10:22

Muirium wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 09:21
But your ultimately devious motive is to mislead them, as they have such respect for your product engineering nous, so you've always something to complain about! If they made a thoroughly good keyboard, think of the video! No, no, much better they screw that pooch good and royal like. Woof! :lol:

It's not like someone can just stand up and be perfectly honest on the internet. We know your game! ;)
Damn, you caught me! All of that is exactly what my plan was!

*takes notes*

raoulduke-esq

30 Apr 2021, 13:59

I would personally like to see more videos about these gamer boards and $30 Amazon boards because they will deflect attention from vintage boards and lead to some price drops when demand wanes.

Also on my wishlist- a bunch of redux videos where you recant like Galileo and say all of those vintage boards you praised so highly are actually shit and MX clones are vastly superior in every way.

Please?

Muirium
µ

30 Apr 2021, 14:11

You mean we could bribe him instead of whatever shadowy agency is currently paying him to promote vintage keyboards by defunct manufacturers? Us! I like it.

You first. ;)

Laser
emacs -nw

30 Apr 2021, 14:13

Yes, Chyros "the Keynfluencer" should make keyboard prices go up and down inversely proportional to their value through such videos. I mean, that is exactly the real purpose of politics, right?

Muirium
µ

30 Apr 2021, 14:28

"This content is sponsored by The Keebinati."

You know, now I've really typed the field, I'm coming to realise that complete dogshit isn't really so bad after all. Let me get you all up to speed…

$ :o $ :o $ :o $

Chyros

30 Apr 2021, 15:49

I'm quite sure I'll never do another video about a generic, cheap keyboard again xD . I'm quite picky what I review nowadays, as I don't plan to make that many more videos, so I want to make them count.

raoulduke-esq

30 Apr 2021, 20:17

It’s the classic tale of boy meets keyboard, falls in love, builds a harem, shares his passion with the world, and in doing so sparks interest in others while simultaneously unintentionally becoming a catalyst in those new converts pricing themselves out of the hobby leading to shadowy figures, a booming black market, knifings in dark alleys, and fistfights over the proper Alps lube…

Muirium
µ

01 May 2021, 13:40

raoulduke-esq wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 20:17
and fistfights over the proper Alps lube…
The best part: you're not even kidding! :D
Chyros wrote:
30 Apr 2021, 15:49
I'm quite picky what I review nowadays, as I don't plan to make that many more videos, so I want to make them count.
Limited edition? I like it, Mr. Sinatra. ;)

Elrick

11 May 2021, 04:25

Chyros wrote:
Surely it's not so weird I like some aspects of the keyboard I told them to make, is it? :p
My animosity towards Razer, whether they make decent keyboards is not the problem here, it's this overwhelming spillage of eternal loathing that can never be quenched, unless......

The only time I could ever overcome this enormous HATRED is when I spill some petrol onto its plastic casing and light it up. Then dancing around it's burning, helps to calm me down.

Only then, I can sleep blissfully knowing another Razer Keyboard product, has been burned out of existence. Now you know why there is this enormous burning in Australia at Summer, mainly due to the lighting up of some Razer Keyboards that exist down under.

hellothere

11 May 2021, 20:16

Elrick wrote:
Chyros wrote:
My animosity towards Razer, whether they make decent keyboards is not the problem here, it's this overwhelming spillage of eternal loathing that can never be quenched, unless......

The only time I could ever overcome this enormous HATRED is when I spill some petrol onto its plastic casing and light it up. Then dancing around it's burning, helps to calm me down.

Only then, I can sleep blissfully knowing another Razer Keyboard product, has been burned out of existence. Now you know why there is this enormous burning in Australia at Summer, mainly due to the lighting up of some Razer Keyboards that exist down under.
I've never cared for Razer because I'm not a gamer and I thought their older keyboards just didn't look nice. Other than bad software, are there other reasons to hate Razer products, in general? Non-sarcastic question.

Go-Kart

11 May 2021, 22:10

hellothere wrote:
11 May 2021, 20:16
Elrick wrote:
Chyros wrote:

I've never cared for Razer because I'm not a gamer and I thought their older keyboards just didn't look nice. Other than bad software, are there other reasons to hate Razer products, in general? Non-sarcastic question.
They make a half decent, albeit overpriced, laptop every so often. Great gaming mice, particularly wireless ones. Their Orange switches are nice when correctly lubed but I'm in the minority on that one I think.

Return to “Reviews”