Glorious GMMK Pro review (Glorious Pandas)

bujorc

08 May 2021, 01:48

See, you're cherry-picking my statements... we were talking about platforms: inclusion, equality, diversity, etc. Right? Alps the better one! Nobody feels special using Alps. Just lucky boards still survived...

Seeing people throwing more money at the MX platform is saddening, it's so -again- limited in providing a wide variety of tactile and audible feedback. The vendors must be very happy with such a crowd, instead of innovating, take some MX, change some angle->close to same feeling, but new switch; change some color->same feeling, but new switch. Sound is... not worth mentioning. It's kind of a stupid game really. But whatever, until someone breaks this circle...
photekq wrote:
08 May 2021, 01:31
bujorc wrote:
08 May 2021, 01:06
I mean... the fact that you like shitty music doesn't change the fact that the music is... shitty. Objectively speaking. There's a reason why the entire French rap didn't get as many awards as Beatles, for example :)

I'm all for inclusion, and Alps was a great platform, offering a wide variety of tactile and audible feedback. MX moves since half a century within the same square meter, covered in LEDs and caps. It doesn't matter that you prefer its shitty sound to the Alps' fuller one. The fact that some people like it altogether, doesn't save it from being a terrible platform. Just like Trump and his crowd, for example.

Cheers!
Man, you're strange. You really think that music is objective, that The Beatles are objectively better than, say, Gazo or Freeze Corleone? No wonder you think the same way about keyboards.

Keep following that train of thought, enjoy The Beatles, enjoy your "objectively less shitty" switches, if it helps you feel more bigger and more smarter. Good on you. I'll continue judging things subjectively and enjoying things as I please while blasting Drill FR 4. It's more fun, you should try it :mrgreen: I can get my blue Alps out for a few days, enjoy them for what they are - an excellent switch if you're fortunate with the example you pick up - and then return to my MX and Topre keyboards, which I find more welcoming and less jarring.

bujorc

08 May 2021, 02:00

Ok, it's 25-years old shitty music. Sorry!

And stick to MX style of switches, don't tell me now that Silo or Hall Effect is MX platform just because vendors pitied your keycaps "investments" and thought of throwing you a bone.

Click Leaves?? As in Alps-invented ones or which ones you mean? HAHAHAHAHAHAA! Dumbass! I'm ignorant but you persist in being a dumbass.
Myoth wrote:
08 May 2021, 01:28
Yet Alps is completely dead, they don't move at all :lol: Furthermore, we have seen quite nice innovations recently from MX's "same square meter" : Clickbars ? Click Leaves ? Silo switches ? Optical switches ? Hall Effect switches ? But then again, what did I expect from you?

photekq
Cherry Picker

08 May 2021, 02:17

bujorc wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAA! Dumbass! I'm ignorant but you persist in being a dumbass.

Looking forward to your future posts here, brother. You're fun to watch :mrgreen:

bujorc

08 May 2021, 02:31

As-salamu alaykum!
At least more fun than an mx-style switch ;)
photekq wrote:
bujorc wrote:

Looking forward to your future posts here, brother. You're fun to watch :mrgreen:

Myoth

08 May 2021, 02:33

bujorc wrote:
Ok, it's 25-years old shitty music. Sorry!

And stick to MX style of switches, don't tell me now that Silo or Hall Effect is MX platform just because vendors pitied your keycaps "investments" and thought of throwing you a bone.

Click Leaves?? As in Alps-invented ones or which ones you mean? HAHAHAHAHAHAA! Dumbass! I'm ignorant but you persist in being a dumbass.
Myoth wrote:
08 May 2021, 01:28
Yet Alps is completely dead, they don't move at all :lol: Furthermore, we have seen quite nice innovations recently from MX's "same square meter" : Clickbars ? Click Leaves ? Silo switches ? Optical switches ? Hall Effect switches ? But then again, what did I expect from you?
at least it still get produced today, not sure your glorified wifebeater is making much music, is he?

when there is innovation, it's the manufacturer being pitiful and when there isn't it's because its trash. Heads you win, Tails I lose :lol:

oh well, I hope you got your dose of cope ready for when you won't be able to afford Alps anymore :lol:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 May 2021, 07:50

photekq wrote:
bujorc wrote:
[…]
Yes, and it was fun to see this ardent Chyros follower and virulent MX hater comparing people who simply appreciate MX switches for themselves with "Trump and his crowd". I would have thought it is rather the other way round, but well, obviously he is the enlightened one in possession of the only, absolute and objective truth:
bujorc wrote:
08 May 2021, 01:06
[…] MX moves since half a century within the same square meter, covered in LEDs and caps. It doesn't matter that you prefer its shitty sound to the Alps' fuller one. The fact that some people like it altogether, doesn't save it from being a terrible platform. Just like Trump and his crowd, for example.

Bjerrk

08 May 2021, 07:56

Elrick

08 May 2021, 08:54

bujorc wrote:
Oh damn, we're dealing with a child here.

This is not a grown up, just another spoiled child who seems to think he knows how the world works.

Pity the poor parent who has to put up with this ignorance 24/7. Sad enough it's here on DT but having it at their house, would really push the envelope of sanity, to the very end.

Chyros

08 May 2021, 12:18

Myoth wrote:
08 May 2021, 00:35
Chyros wrote:
07 May 2021, 11:03
Hahaha I didn't read any of that, but it's always funny to see how much my videos upset you :lol: .
That's such a sad sight, not only can you not make good content, you also can't take any form of criticism. Hope you enjoy creating, interacting and more than anything enabling an ignorant audience (as displayed in the post above :mrgreen:)
You misapprehend me. It's not that I can't take criticism, I simply don't care about yours. I haven't read your post because I don't care in the slightest about your opinion. Your post doesn't offend me or do anything to me except cause mild amusement. You are a completely irrelevant speck that I ignore, apart from the amusement that your obvious pains that my content appear to cause you. I've been making Youtube videos for over six-and-a-half years. Do you think I don't know how to deal with trolls by now? :p

I make these videos because I enjoy doing so. Watch them or not, comment on them or not. There's nothing you can do or say that will make me care about your opinion or existence anymore than a lump of dirt.

This goes for several other DT members as well. Truth be told, I stopped caring about DT a long time ago. I never really read it anymore because it's all drama. I simply don't care.

(edit: don't want to appear like I don't care about any of you. I just don't care about Myoth and his clan :lol: )

Bjerrk

08 May 2021, 13:10

Chyros wrote:
This goes for several other DT members as well. Truth be told, I stopped caring about DT a long time ago. I never really read it anymore because it's all drama.
Arh, I don't think that's entirely fair. I learn a lot from people here, and most of them seem genuinely helpful.
Don't you think that's it more of a diminishing returns thing? That you've already absorbed much of the information here.

In Danish we have a saying (reflecting our general alcoholism): "The Schnaps shots are getting further and further apart".

(Der bliver længere og længere mellem snapsene)

webwit
Wild Duck

08 May 2021, 13:17

Myoth

08 May 2021, 13:23

Chyros wrote:
Myoth wrote:
Chyros wrote:
07 May 2021, 11:03
Hahaha I didn't read any of that, but it's always funny to see how much my videos upset you :lol: .
That's such a sad sight, not only can you not make good content, you also can't take any form of criticism. Hope you enjoy creating, interacting and more than anything enabling an ignorant audience (as displayed in the post above :mrgreen:)
You misapprehend me. It's not that I can't take criticism, I simply don't care about yours. I haven't read your post because I don't care in the slightest about your opinion. Your post doesn't offend me or do anything to me except cause mild amusement. You are a completely irrelevant speck that I ignore, apart from the amusement that your obvious pains that my content appear to cause you. I've been making Youtube videos for over six-and-a-half years. Do you think I don't know how to deal with trolls by now? :p

This goes for several other DT members as well. Truth be told, I stopped caring about DT a long time ago. I never really read it anymore because it's all drama. I simply don't care. I make these videos because I enjoy doing so. Watch them or not, comment on them or not. There's nothing you can do or say that will make me care about your opinion or existence anymore than a lump of dirt.
As if it couldn't get even sadder, now you just belittle me and call me a troll. I pity you, I hope one day you'll understand that not all criticism is trolling, and that maybe, just maybe, in your egotistical world, you can learn from other, even if they have different opinions

You may say you do not care, but here you are every week posting your little reviews as if they brought anything to the table. Maybe the fact that you enable people, dumb like our dear bujorc, is the fact that it's "all" drama.

Chyros

08 May 2021, 13:45

Bjerrk wrote:
Chyros wrote:
This goes for several other DT members as well. Truth be told, I stopped caring about DT a long time ago. I never really read it anymore because it's all drama.
Arh, I don't think that's entirely fair. I learn a lot from people here, and most of them seem genuinely helpful.
Don't you think that's it more of a diminishing returns thing? That you've already absorbed much of the information here.

In Danish we have a saying (reflecting our general alcoholism): "The Schnaps shots are getting further and further apart".

Oh, there's nice folks here for sure. I'm not saying DT is all bad. But the ones with the biggest mouths, like Myoth, are just drama queens, and I'm not really into that.
Myoth wrote:
Chyros wrote:
Myoth wrote:

This goes for several other DT members as well. Truth be told, I stopped caring about DT a long time ago. I never really read it anymore because it's all drama. I simply don't care. I make these videos because I enjoy doing so. Watch them or not, comment on them or not. There's nothing you can do or say that will make me care about your opinion or existence anymore than a lump of dirt.
As if it couldn't get even sadder, now you just belittle me and call me a troll. I pity you, I hope one day you'll understand that not all criticism is trolling, and that maybe, just maybe, in your egotistical world, you can learn from other, even if they have different opinions

You may say you do not care, but here you are every week posting your little reviews as if they brought anything to the table. Maybe the fact that you enable people, dumb like our dear bujorc, is the fact that it's "all" drama.
I don't know how to get this through to you, but I don't care about your opinions. Not one whit. There is nothing you can say or do that will make me care about a single dimension of your existence. I'm genuinely not even angry at you, I just don't care. I don't care what you look like, where you're from, what you like to eat, what your hobbies are, or what you think of my videos. It doesn't offend me or make me happy.

My videos are what they are; my opinions on matters. I don't let anyone dictate to me what I should think about anything, and I've chosen this format to present them in. I only make them because I like making them and for no other reason. I could stop today and not owe anyone anything.

Myoth

08 May 2021, 15:10

Chyros wrote:
Bjerrk wrote:
Chyros wrote:

Oh, there's nice folks here for sure. I'm not saying DT is all bad. But the ones with the biggest mouths, like Myoth, are just drama queens, and I'm not really into that.
Myoth wrote:
Chyros wrote:

I don't know how to get this through to you, but I don't care about your opinions. Not one whit. There is nothing you can say or do that will make me care about a single dimension of your existence. I'm genuinely not even angry at you, I just don't care. I don't care what you look like, where you're from, what you like to eat, what your hobbies are, or what you think of my videos. It doesn't offend me or make me happy.

My videos are what they are; my opinions on matters. I don't let anyone dictate to me what I should think about anything, and I've chosen this format to present them in. I only make them because I like making them and for no other reason. I could stop today and not owe anyone anything.
I didn't create any drama, I just showed how you were talking out of your ass on a topic you don't have any knowledge of. There's no drama, you think it is because you've grown to shell yourself at every criticism against you by "trolls" (read as anyone you disagree with). It's fine that you have your opinion and I'd never "dictate" whatever you think of anything, just make the separation clear between the facts and your opinion. "The car is blue. I personally don't like how it looks in blue." Not "Me thinks the car is kind of shit a blue. Jesus Christ on a bicycle, if you like this blue you're a proper nonce!" Simple as. It will be much more insightful for people, they won't get all fanatic because you have a polarising opinion and it will create a much nicer environment for everyone to converse in. On DT more than anywhere else.

Muirium
µ

08 May 2021, 15:24

Personally, I preferred the knicker-knotting drama of the lube thread. It took it to another level, y'know? And lubed!

Chyros

08 May 2021, 15:51

Myoth wrote:
08 May 2021, 15:10
I didn't create any drama, I just showed how you were talking out of your ass on a topic you don't have any knowledge of. There's no drama, you think it is because you've grown to shell yourself at every criticism against you by "trolls" (read as anyone you disagree with). It's fine that you have your opinion and I'd never "dictate" whatever you think of anything, just make the separation clear between the facts and your opinion. "The car is blue. I personally don't like how it looks in blue." Not "Me thinks the car is kind of shit a blue. Jesus Christ on a bicycle, if you like this blue you're a proper nonce!" Simple as. It will be much more insightful for people, they won't get all fanatic because you have a polarising opinion and it will create a much nicer environment for everyone to converse in. On DT more than anywhere else.
Seriously man, I don't care that I hurt your feelings by talking bad about your precious little MX switches. Grow up.

I admitted I'm a dinosaur less than a minute into the video and even if I hadn't, people know exactly what they can expect of me. You know exactly what to expect of me and you're still watching my videos.

Anyway, I don't have to justify myself to you or to anyone else. I repeat what I said earlier. I make my videos because I enjoy making them, and for no other reason. If not a single soul watched them and I'd still enjoy making them, I still would. I don't give a shit about who disagrees with me or why, or whether my opinions are cushioned appropriately so as not to offend whiners with overly long toes. I'm just a guy rambling about keyboards. Apparently people like to watch that, good for them.

You seem to keep disagreeing with me, fine. I don't care. Go unsubscribe. Go watch someone else. It makes zero difference to me. It's MY hobby, and therefore not your business. I don't understand why this upsets you so much, but again, I really don't care. (So don't tell me.)

Chyros

08 May 2021, 15:56

Muirium wrote:
08 May 2021, 15:24
Personally, I preferred the knicker-knotting drama of the lube thread. It took it to another level, y'know? And lubed!
Haha, yeah, but it's still mildly amusing, isn't it? xD

webwit
Wild Duck

08 May 2021, 16:13

TLDR; How dare you to put opinions in your reviews! :evil:

Muirium
µ

08 May 2021, 16:14

Seeing as you're here, Chyros: how are you getting along with the Unicomp SSK? We're just talking about it on another thread, and I brought up the issues you described in your review. Can't remember exactly what they were, though, just that they made my Unicomp alarm go off!

viewtopic.php?p=485538#p485538

Chyros

08 May 2021, 16:35

webwit wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:13
TLDR; How dare you to put opinions in your reviews! :evil:
:lol:
Muirium wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:14
Seeing as you're here, Chyros: how are you getting along with the Unicomp SSK? We're just talking about it on another thread, and I brought up the issues you described in your review. Can't remember exactly what they were, though, just that they made my Unicomp alarm go off!

viewtopic.php?p=485538#p485538
I'll make a comment in that topic :) .

Muirium
µ

08 May 2021, 17:14

Cheers man! :D

zrrion

08 May 2021, 21:41

Myoth is presenting their views in basically the worst way possible but to write someone off as simply beneath you is really shitty. Like, you aren't so important that people get to be specks of dirt to you, get over yourself

photekq
Cherry Picker

08 May 2021, 22:48

Chyros wrote:
But the ones with the biggest mouths, like Myoth, are just drama queens, and I'm not really into that.
Nah, Myoth just really, really, really likes keyboards; he feels strongly about them, all the way down to the minutia. Truthfully, I've never run into anyone who gives more of a toss about keyboards. He's never looking for drama; in fact, he hates being involved in drama. He just struggles to look past errors and varying degrees of misinformation, which often results in him getting himself caught up in arguments/disagreements. He's no troll, he's no drama queen. He just likes keyboards a lot and has a habit of phrasing things a bit aggressively, which does him no favours :mrgreen:

He's run into so many relative newcomers to the hobby who follow the opinions laid out in your videos. Which, by the way, I recognise as completely valid in themselves. But these newcomers don't treat them as a valid opinion, they treat them as objective fact.
Chyros wrote:
08 May 2021, 15:51
Anyway, I don't have to justify myself to you or to anyone else. I repeat what I said earlier. I make my videos because I enjoy making them, and for no other reason. If not a single soul watched them and I'd still enjoy making them, I still would. I don't give a shit about who disagrees with me or why, or whether my opinions are cushioned appropriately so as not to offend whiners with overly long toes. I'm just a guy rambling about keyboards. Apparently people like to watch that, good for them.
It's great that you don't give a fuck. Really, I'm not joking. I don't give a fuck what other people think of me or my opinions either, it's a lovely situation to be in. But if you care about keyboards and the hobby of collecting/enjoying/discovering keyboards in the slightest, do you not think it's your responsibility to think about the impact your content has on those things? Because like it or not, it does have an impact. Notably, as I've said: people following your reviews like they're the One Truth and not forming their own opinions. It's not you who has to deal with these repercussions, it's people like Myoth who encounter these people on Discord.

I mean, would a quick little 5-second disclaimer saying "Keyboards are subjective. This is just my opinion." really ruin all the fun you derive from making videos? Because that'd solve all qualms. Hell, even chuck it in your description. That's really all it takes. If you make it clear that it's just your opinion, nobody can get upset, and it might go some way to stop people from taking your opinions as utter gospel.

I find it really strange that you put so much effort into making it clear how little of a fuck you give, to the point where you felt it necessary to compare Myoth to a speck of dirt. That came off a bit pathetic :lol: In your words, "grow up".

P.S. While these are my legitimate views, I don't expect to convince you of anything. I don't expect you to read this, or respond to it; I'm well aware you don't care what anyone thinks. That's fine, I wrote this because I felt like defending Myoth's position, not because I expect to actually sway anybody :mrgreen:

P.P.S. I should really be thankful to you for all the negative MX reviews. It's probably made it easier for me to continue getting the G80s and G81s I love so much :mrgreen:

webwit
Wild Duck

08 May 2021, 23:24

Yes let's put in a disclaimer in my review that my opinion may suck, said no one ever. *

* DISCLAIMER. This opinion may suck, handle with care.

photekq
Cherry Picker

08 May 2021, 23:36

webwit wrote:
08 May 2021, 23:24
Yes let's put in a disclaimer in my review that my opinion may suck, said no one ever. *

* DISCLAIMER. This opinion may suck, handle with care.
Nobody's opinion sucks; I never claimed that. Everyone's opinion is just that - their opinion. The problem is, a lot of people like to latch onto a prevailing opinion and treat it as an indisputable fact. With the size of Chryos' viewerbase, it's fair to say that his opinion carries more weight than anyone else's when it comes to vintage keyboards. Compare his viewcounts to the viewcounts of reviews posted here on Deskthority, for example. Is it daft of me to suggest that if Chyros clarified the context under which his videos should be consumed, it would help lessen the frustrating ripples they have throughout the various communities? It doesn't affect me because I don't engage, I just enjoy the keyboards I like. But I see it affect and frustrate others; people who are passionate about keyboards, just like myself and just like Chyros.

Go-Kart

08 May 2021, 23:43

Reviews are subjective by their very nature. Thus, there is no need for a disclaimer.

an_achronism

08 May 2021, 23:44

If people really don't understand the nature of subjective judgement to the extent that you guys genuinely consider it a necessary requirement to preface a review with a disclaimer explaining it so that they don't mistake opinion for fact, then humanity is in an even worse state than I previously realised. Which is really saying something!

Go-Kart

08 May 2021, 23:46

Better idea. Start each review with, "This is not my subjective experience of the thing but objective FACT."

webwit
Wild Duck

08 May 2021, 23:55

Still, I hear you. I can't begin to imagine how Chyros, with his lame hate of ergonomic keyboards and his beady little eyes, would review the Datahand, once he gets one.

Bjerrk

09 May 2021, 00:03

photekq wrote:
Nah, Myoth just really, really, really likes keyboards; he feels strongly about them, all the way down to the minutia. Truthfully, I've never run into anyone who gives more of a toss about keyboards. He's never looking for drama; in fact, he hates being involved in drama. He just struggles to look past errors and varying degrees of misinformation, which often results in him getting himself caught up in arguments/disagreements. He's no troll, he's no drama queen. He just likes keyboards a lot and has a habit of phrasing things a bit aggressively, which does him no favours :mrgreen:
Honestly, it just comes across as ever so slightly autistic. And by that I mean nothing derogatory. I'm a theoretical physicist and I'm sure I have some of the same tendencies :P
photekq wrote:
I find it really strange that you put so much effort into making it clear how little of a fuck you give, to the point where you felt it necessary to compare Myoth to a speck of dirt. That came off a bit pathetic :lol:
Yeah, what the hell :D It's the kind of rhetoric you mostly expect from teenagers :)

Return to “Reviews”