Vintage Cherry MX Black REDUX review (Micronorth KB-5060?)

Chyros

30 May 2021, 17:05

Today we take a new look at vintage Cherry MX Black switches! This includes a comparison between them and other switches, both vintage and old. Hope you enjoy the video! :)

Muirium
µ

30 May 2021, 17:08

Hey Chyros: have you ever reviewed Nixies?

(Expects to see self shown right up with Nixies appearing in this very vid. Here’s to hoping! :lol: )

Chyros

30 May 2021, 18:28

Muirium wrote:
30 May 2021, 17:08
Hey Chyros: have you ever reviewed Nixies?

(Expects to see self shown right up with Nixies appearing in this very vid. Here’s to hoping! :lol: )
...Kinda xD . I reviewed a Nixdorf with a few keys left as Nixies, the rest were substituted MX blacks. Was part of a deal.

Muirium
µ

30 May 2021, 18:48

Oof! You set that board some stern competition. Stiff is definitely not the right word in this context! Getting done over by both vintage and modern rivals? Ouch.

Do love the caps though. Cherry’s doubleshots and dyseubs are timeless, unlike those truly vintage MX blacks.

Now to try and forget that modern board you had on top, with its white on black keys. I never saw it. Won’t be buying it. No, sir, not me. <whistles>

Chyros

30 May 2021, 19:47

Muirium wrote:
30 May 2021, 18:48
Oof! You set that board some stern competition. Stiff is definitely not the right word in this context! Getting done over by both vintage and modern rivals? Ouch.

Do love the caps though. Cherry’s doubleshots and dyseubs are timeless, unlike those truly vintage MX blacks.

Now to try and forget that modern board you had on top, with its white on black keys. I never saw it. Won’t be buying it. No, sir, not me. <whistles>
Yes, no quarter was given in this video. Didn't go easy on it. But then again, something with a reputation like that should be able to hold its ground a bit, I think.

Their caps are definitely really cool, especially the very old ones :D . I do prefer the font on the ones from my demo KFN-3, though. Those appear to be quite rare though, I'm not sure how long Cherry used that for.

Return to “Reviews”