Wooting Two Lekker Edition keyboard review (Lekker Hall effect)

Chyros

07 Aug 2021, 18:20

It's finally time to take a look at the Wooting Lekker edition keyboard! With new and improved Hall effect switches, this keyboard is quite something.

Bjerrk

07 Aug 2021, 19:03

A lækker review, for sure!

Elrick

17 Aug 2021, 05:51

Chyros wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 18:20
It's finally time to take a look at the Wooting Lekker edition keyboard! With new and improved Hall effect switches, this keyboard is quite something.
It's somewhere in my collection pile of keyboards bought thus far. Too old to even bother digging it up.

Imagine getting so old that all the goodies you've bought are still in their boxes and packaging, sitting somewhere in a large storage room.

Don't care about it anymore.......

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

17 Aug 2021, 22:24

I don't have to imagine too hard, old frenemy. I am in the same situation! Need to work on selling a bunch of things. 'Tis easier to acquire than to sell.

I played with this board for about two minutes and was underwhelmed by the build quality.

Elrick

22 Aug 2021, 10:27

XMIT wrote:
I played with this board for about two minutes and was underwhelmed by the build quality.
That is why I'm still waiting for your latest Hall Effect keyboard, that shall be purchased and well worth acquiring, so that this time it will be used, under my bear paws.

Anything with XMIT connected to it, is always nice in taking possession of :D .

Wazrach

22 Aug 2021, 19:39

XMIT wrote:
I don't have to imagine too hard, old frenemy. I am in the same situation! Need to work on selling a bunch of things. 'Tis easier to acquire than to sell.

I used to own a Wooting One, and it was very light indeed. But it still felt somewhat rigid for a modern board. I packed the hollow case with lots of dense rubber, which made it a lot heavier.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

25 Aug 2021, 17:10

Elrick wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 10:27
XMIT wrote:
That is why I'm still waiting for your latest Hall Effect keyboard, that shall be purchased and well worth acquiring, so that this time it will be used, under my bear paws.

Anything with XMIT connected to it, is always nice in taking possession of :D .
I've been conspiring behind the scenes with the Input Club crew on the Keystone, which I believe is the spiritual successor of the XMIT Hall Effect boards. They did *most* of the things I wanted to see. So please support their work! There are still a few odds and ends, but at this point, it's easier for me to license their technology than start from scratch. I consider them friends.

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Aug 2021, 20:32

Just can't wrap my head around the colors and the led lighting. Like, first someone designed it like a covid-stricken unicorn with diarrhea took a shit on it. That's bad, it can happen. But then other people involved in the keyboard took a look at that and were like yeah, wow, let's go ahead with that. Now get of my lawn.

Elrick

08 Sep 2021, 09:17

XMIT wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 17:10
I've been conspiring behind the scenes with the Input Club crew on the Keystone, which I believe is the spiritual successor of the XMIT Hall Effect boards. They did *most* of the things I wanted to see. So please support their work!
Have bought into their Keystone Project during 2020.

Liked their design and overall look, a serious keyboard for those that love something sitting on their desk. Should have razor-blades installed, just to keep away those that want to interfere with it 8-) .

Hoping they make a way to permanently disable all the RGB sickness underneath the keys, that has to stop when it arrives at my Desk.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

09 Sep 2021, 20:56

Elrick wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 09:17
Hoping they make a way to permanently disable all the RGB sickness underneath the keys, that has to stop when it arrives at my Desk.
I guess you could always pull the LED controllers from the PCB if you really don't want backlighting of any kind.

Elrick

13 Sep 2021, 08:45

XMIT wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 20:56
I guess you could always pull the LED controllers from the PCB if you really don't want backlighting of any kind.
Sure, I've destroyed a lot of keyboards over the years by ripping out pieces of stuff, I thought were not needed.

Fine to do when you're a mechanic, damn awful when it comes to these keyboards, so delicate and breakable.

Return to “Reviews”