Keychron Q6 keyboard review (Novelkeys Cream Clickie)

Chyros

13 May 2023, 11:52

Today we look at the Keychron Q6! Elected by popular demand. I actually really like this thing! Plus, we also look at the Cream Clickie switches I got in from Novelkeys a while ago. Hope you enjoy the video! :)

herald

14 May 2023, 15:19

Great review - exciting switches.

Will you be reviewing the Keychron low profile optical switches at some point? ;)

Chyros

16 May 2023, 16:25

herald wrote:

Will you be reviewing the Keychron low profile optical switches at some point? ;)
I hope so tbh, I'm pretty interested in them :D .

herald

17 May 2023, 15:27

Chyros wrote:
16 May 2023, 16:25
herald wrote:

I hope so tbh, I'm pretty interested in them :D .
I recently got them in tactile browns. Very impressed. Reminds me of SKCM Cream Damped, just with shorter travel. I think they have much more of an Alps tactile feel than Cherry clones.

I wonder if their non-LP optical switches are any good - I've heard they're based on the LK opticals Keychron used to ship before, which have a typical cherry "linear tactile" force curve, but would love to be proved wrong!

genericusername57

05 Jun 2023, 13:12

These seemed very interesting to me but I think they might be a bit too linear for my taste. I really enjoy a light switch with a slight tactile event and click but if they're closer to an actual linear switch than a clicky I think I'd be wasting my money. It's a shame I really can't deal with the sound of the click bar switches because BOX White switches feel very nice to my fingers but the sound drives me insane.

Thanks for the review, interesting as always!

Elrick

28 Sep 2023, 06:42

I bought 3 of them in Black, Blue and Silver Grey.

Just love their look, I went with their standard complete models with inbuilt Brown switches and complete key-sets.

You get everything bundled in with the price (decent deal down here in Convict Town).

Also, their quality is superior to Corsair, and they simply rule the keyboard universe for the prices paid.

Thank you for reviewing this model, it's factual and remains a quality choice for people wanting a real keyboard that can't easily be stolen.

Return to “Reviews”