Kinesis advantage review on AnandTech

geekabit

03 Jul 2013, 19:49

Hi guys,

There's another keyboard review on AnandTech. This time it's the Kinesis Advantage.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7125/kine ... evaluation
I hope I'm not bothering you guys with reviews.

Cheers,
Maarten

Muirium
µ

03 Jul 2013, 21:49

But where's the standard issue selection of performance charts that the good readers of Anandtech expect! It's not like the old days over there…

JBert

03 Jul 2013, 21:53

geekabit wrote:I hope I'm not bothering you guys with reviews.=
You aren't really bothering us, but you did post it in the wrong forum. You might want to ask an admin to move it to the News and Reviews forum.

The Demongolator
Contra Bonos Mores

03 Jul 2013, 22:24

Moved.

Muirium
µ

03 Jul 2013, 23:05

Muirium wrote:But where's the standard issue selection of performance charts that the good readers of Anandtech expect!
Aaaand there they are. Phew.

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Jul 2013, 01:30

I have a big problem with metrics where little muscle memory is build up by an individual but which pretends to give precise statistics. More radical designs which improve on staggered qwerty inherently have a longer learning curve, they require dedicated use for over a month for meaningful conclusions. But hey, nice graphs.

hoggy

04 Jul 2013, 07:35

I got fed up with the number of times he mentions the TE.

dondy

04 Jul 2013, 11:52

well he does emphasize how some of the stuff is simply subjective - which is a good thing. he also mentions the learning curves which might be important to some people (who have to get work done).

while i don't find the graphs any helpful, but they give you a break from the wall of text - i would've preferred some pictures of the board itself in the text for that, eventually even within proper context (f.e. picture of how the hand lies in the keyboard after/beside the text talking about it).

the emphasis on typing speed is also little off-putting; it rarely has anything to do with the physical keyboard layout (imho) and switching layouts always incurs a speed penalty (is that proper english ?) until the learning curve is finished - that's pretty much no big news D:

all in all i like that keyboards get reviewed because that offers people a wider view on what kind of keyboards are out there and that not every keyboard is the same mushy rubber-dome (though i do despise the prices on some).

Return to “Reviews”