Stuff you just bought

JP!

20 Nov 2018, 21:23

Just bought this keyboard which I believe has Chinese legends. *Please be blue alps*
001.jpg
001.jpg (299.07 KiB) Viewed 8711 times
003.jpg
003.jpg (191.58 KiB) Viewed 8711 times
002.jpg
002.jpg (188.45 KiB) Viewed 8711 times

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Nov 2018, 23:05

Bought a KBP V80 and blue Vortex case. Will eventually swap in blue Alps and blue keycap set.

abrahamstechnology

21 Nov 2018, 01:45

flowerlandfilms wrote:
davkol wrote: At least there are often doubleshot keycaps, though.
Hence my purchase. It's garbage to type on.
Flat, no feedback, limpy/membrane or what?

Please be MORE specific here.[/quote]

It types exactly as it's built, a limp membrane with a click leaf shoved on the side.
I'm going to harvest the caps and light it on fire.[/quote]

Worse than a rubber dome?

Elrick

21 Nov 2018, 11:51

flowerlandfilms wrote: It types exactly as it's built, a limp membrane with a click leaf shoved on the side.
I'm going to harvest the caps and light it on fire.
Thank you for that. Think Razer has done something similar with their ;

https://www.razer.com/ca-en/gaming-keyb ... ata-chroma

Wonder if it's the very same feeling when typed on.....?

Just personally REFUSE to spend money on any Razer Keyboard.

davkol

21 Nov 2018, 12:55

abrahamstechnology wrote: Worse than a rubber dome?
muh Topre

abrahamstechnology

21 Nov 2018, 17:00

Elrick wrote:
flowerlandfilms wrote: It types exactly as it's built, a limp membrane with a click leaf shoved on the side.
I'm going to harvest the caps and light it on fire.
Thank you for that. Think Razer has done something similar with their ;

https://www.razer.com/ca-en/gaming-keyb ... ata-chroma

Wonder if it's the very same feeling when typed on.....?

Just personally REFUSE to spend money on any Razer Keyboard.
If Razer made a click leaf electromechanical switch with a good Alps-like keyfeel, I'd buy them. It could heal their reputation.

Allthough it's unlikely that they'd bother tooling click leaf switches because of the Linus Tech Tips normie crowd that is used to Cherry's rattletrap click noise.

abrahamstechnology

23 Nov 2018, 18:34

Got a bunch of Box switches from Novelkeys black friday sale. I will fix them with an xacto blade or the Stemshaver if it ever comes out.
box.PNG
box.PNG (26.39 KiB) Viewed 8504 times

samuelcable

26 Nov 2018, 03:49

abrahamstechnology wrote: Got a bunch of Box switches from Novelkeys black friday sale. I will fix them with an xacto blade or the Stemshaver if it ever comes out.
box.PNG
its honestly sad the lengths that people have to go through to fix a shitty design flaw that could have been avoided if they spent a second on quality control rather than pumping out """new""" switches every week

stratokaster

26 Nov 2018, 09:59

Unexpectedly bought a Contour Unimouse Wireless because it was on sale :roll:

abrahamstechnology

26 Nov 2018, 14:44

samuelcable wrote:
abrahamstechnology wrote: Got a bunch of Box switches from Novelkeys black friday sale. I will fix them with an xacto blade or the Stemshaver if it ever comes out.
box.PNG
its honestly sad the lengths that people have to go through to fix a shitty design flaw that could have been avoided if they spent a second on quality control rather than pumping out """new""" switches every week
Yes. Plus Novelkeys doesn't really seem to care that the "new" ones aren't fixed either.

Myoth

26 Nov 2018, 14:52

samuelcable wrote:
box.PNG
so sad I'm ironically tearing up >:(

green-squid

04 Dec 2018, 21:51

Yes!!!!!!!! This is it!! The dream board! I saw it pop up on ebay, I asked mike if he could proxy it to me and he said YES and I'm very happy about it!

samuelcable

06 Dec 2018, 03:14

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (126.34 KiB) Viewed 8325 times
I snagged a f122 for cheap. easily the worst sounding keyboard ive had on my desk, but the layout is nice for reprogramming and it has a great keyfeel (one of the better ones ive tried). i highly doubt ill use this board much since i have cherry mx black at my disposal and would prefer that, but i am glad to add this to my collection

__red__

06 Dec 2018, 07:44

samuelcable wrote:
s-l1600.jpg
I snagged a f122 for cheap. easily the worst sounding keyboard ive had on my desk
Stone him, he's a witch!

samuelcable

06 Dec 2018, 08:03

2 things to note: the f and j are from a model m I had and I threw all of the caps into a ultrasonic cleaner and they cleaned up fantastically

While I don't have before and after pics; I can certainly say they are better than the "before" now :?
20181205_231222.jpg
20181205_231222.jpg (4.97 MiB) Viewed 8286 times

Elrick

07 Dec 2018, 00:56

__red__ wrote:
samuelcable wrote:
s-l1600.jpg
I snagged a f122 for cheap. easily the worst sounding keyboard ive had on my desk
Stone him, he's a witch!
"Stone him, he's a (S)witch" - corrected that for you here ;) .

F switches do/might come degraded plus some people don't like their sound and feeling until they have been thoroughly cleaned and restored.

Even though F switches can withstand a lot of grime and filth, they will lose some of their original typing feel when dirt builds up for decades.

samuelcable

07 Dec 2018, 05:12

Elrick wrote:
__red__ wrote:
samuelcable wrote:
s-l1600.jpg
Stone him, he's a witch!
"Stone him, he's a (S)witch" - corrected that for you here ;) .

F switches do/might come degraded plus some people don't like their sound and feeling until they have been thoroughly cleaned and restored.

Even though F switches can withstand a lot of grime and filth, they will lose some of their original typing feel when dirt builds up for decades.
trust me i love the feeling but the sound is downright unpleasnt. i dont know why anyone would want a metalic clank ping sound when they type. the keyfeel makes up for it. and yes ive heard brand new model fs and they sound just as bad

zrrion

07 Dec 2018, 06:21

Just ordered this to add to my slowly growing fleet of SKCC boards. I really like the look of this one. I don't have any specific plans for it but it is certainly a looker!

Elrick

07 Dec 2018, 09:45

samuelcable wrote: i dont know why anyone would want a metalic clank ping sound when they type. the keyfeel makes up for it. and yes ive heard brand new model fs and they sound just as bad
This type of keyboard is mainly for those that grew up with them.

Hence it becomes a part of their history and ultimate reminder of so-called Grander times.

If you don't like noise, then F Keyboards will be horrid to you as well as Beamsprings. No worries because NOT everyone has the same liking for certain keyboards, that is why this place is known as DT Central.

Welcomes everyone that loves true Mechanical Keyboards, without exception.

samuelcable

07 Dec 2018, 14:02

Elrick wrote:
samuelcable wrote: i dont know why anyone would want a metalic clank ping sound when they type. the keyfeel makes up for it. and yes ive heard brand new model fs and they sound just as bad
This type of keyboard is mainly for those that grew up with them.

Hence it becomes a part of their history and ultimate reminder of so-called Grander times.

If you don't like noise, then F Keyboards will be horrid to you as well as Beamsprings. No worries because NOT everyone has the same liking for certain keyboards, that is why this place is known as DT Central.

Welcomes everyone that loves true Mechanical Keyboards, without exception.
Yeah sorry if I was too harsh at first. I don't enjoy the sound but idgaf if others do

Anakey

07 Dec 2018, 14:15

Have you tried the floss mod? it might reduce the ping enough for you to tolerate it.

andrewjoy

07 Dec 2018, 15:27

samuelcable wrote:
s-l1600.jpg
I snagged a f122 for cheap. easily the worst sounding keyboard ive had on my desk, but the layout is nice for reprogramming and it has a great keyfeel (one of the better ones ive tried). i highly doubt ill use this board much since i have cherry mx black at my disposal and would prefer that, but i am glad to add this to my collection
Dam you! You have made me get my 122F back out in work and put the ALPS60 away.

I have no space on my desk! I hope your happy! :P

Darkshado

08 Dec 2018, 18:43

samuelcable wrote: I can certainly say they are better than the "before" now
How... how did splotches of grime even get between the stem and caps?

As for the sound, it's certainly on another level compared to contemporary boards. In the hands of a competent typist at speed, I'd say they almost "sing" (loudly) more than they ping.

Now, if you prefer linear switches that's okay too; keep it in your rotation or pass it onto a good home, both are fine with me.

Khers

11 Dec 2018, 15:36

I picked this up yesterday, along with the rest of the keyboard.

HzFaq

11 Dec 2018, 18:15

It looks broken, you should give it to me.

hansichen

11 Dec 2018, 18:24

HzFaq wrote: It looks broken, you should give it to me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And don't forget to paint the Cherry logo.

Nice buy Khersie ;)

Khers

11 Dec 2018, 19:35

While unpacking it I was most surprised to see that someone had been indecent enough to split it in half while, presumably, rage quitting fortnite. Worry not, however, I'm mitigating the issue as we speak using but the finest of materials: ice lolly sticks and epoxy.

Elrick

12 Dec 2018, 01:57

Khers wrote: Worry not, however, I'm mitigating the issue as we speak using but the finest of materials: ice lolly sticks and epoxy.
PLEASE provide us with detailed pictures showing this. Would like to see the resurrection of this unfortunate keyboard.

Damonskv

17 Dec 2018, 12:35

Some OG model M cyrillic caps for my SSK( ansi, dual-piece caps, two-toned sublegends")

Natural light

Trying to compare the color of the legend SSK "numpad sublegends"

JP!

17 Dec 2018, 18:26

Dang I've never seen those keys on a Model M SSK before.

Return to “News”