Official press release / statement on CHERRY MX YELLOW by Cherry

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

10 Aug 2016, 15:58

On different websites appearing images of CHERRY MX YELLOW switches, some are even offering them for sale. But these switches are not officially made by CHERRY and should be considered as fakes or partial fakes.

Herewith the CHERRY GmbH officially comments on the swtiches of the variant „CHERRY MX YELLOW“: These switches were not and are not produced by CHERRY. Currently there are no plans to release such a variant. Presumably, these are copies of other manufacturers using the popular brand of „CHERRY MX“ to boost their sales. Unfortunately we do not know where these stems exactly come from, but they were also not manufactured by CHERRY. However, the housing is made by CHERRY, probably the MX BLACK housing was used. But the actual stem was removed and replaced with fakes.

This opinion is based on the fact that CHERRY has already received several inquiries from the media and from customers who are interested in these allegedly CHERRY MX YELLOW switches. If you want to make sure which CHERRY key modules we actually offer, please follow this link to our overview on our official website.
Aliexpress.jpg
Aliexpress.jpg (206.4 KiB) Viewed 4412 times
http://blog.cherry.de/news/cherry-mx-yellow-sind-fake/

Wodan
ISO Advocate

10 Aug 2016, 16:05

Uuuh cherry.de blog entry with a header graphic from Deskthority.

Can you read this, Cherry?

Chyros hates you but don't let this get to you.

seebart

10 Aug 2016, 16:08

That's right, they could have asked before using that pic and mentioning DT in this manner. The satement is clear, the switches are fake. And it's not this one either:

wiki/Hirose_Cherry_MX_Pale_Yellow

Chyros

10 Aug 2016, 16:22

One more myth debunked :) .

seebart

10 Aug 2016, 16:28

The truth is Daniel Beardsmore sent me that link. At least we have a clear statement from the manufacturer. I guess "harry ke" might have a problem.

Chyros

10 Aug 2016, 16:34

seebart wrote: The truth is Daniel Beardsmore sent me that link. At least we have a clear statement from the manufacturer. I guess "harry ke" might have a problem.
Why, HE didn't make those switches, surely? Oo

seebart

10 Aug 2016, 17:51

Chyros wrote:
seebart wrote: The truth is Daniel Beardsmore sent me that link. At least we have a clear statement from the manufacturer. I guess "harry ke" might have a problem.
Why, HE didn't make those switches, surely? Oo
No honestly don't think Beardsmore is "harry ke". ;)

webwit
Wild Duck

10 Aug 2016, 18:14

Wodan wrote: Uuuh cherry.de blog entry with a header graphic from Deskthority.
It's not from the header but the wiki:
wiki/Aristotle_Yellow

Maybe someone can update the page?

Rimrul

10 Aug 2016, 19:28

Well, it's the Cherry.de blog post header...

Findecanor

10 Aug 2016, 19:43

If you look at the history of the Wiki article, you will see that Daniel Beardsmore updated the article only the day before yesterday. He uploaded the image, added info, made it a redirect and added "Conversations with Cherry Germany" and "Conversations with Chicony" as references. The image's attribution in the Wiki is to "AliExpress seller harry ke; image was provided by one of his suppliers".

I suppose that Daniel Beardsmore is (part of) the "inquiries from customers" mentioned in the blog and how Cherry got hold of the images. ;)
I would let Daniel edit the Wiki with a reference to the blog post. He might also have more details that he hasn't added yet.

Return to “News”