Rhine-Main/Germany Meetup on October 1st! Introducing MECHANICON

KeepClackingAnd...
Organizer Mechanicon

02 Sep 2016, 17:49

Hi,

over the last weeks me and some of my friends were putting together a plan to bring a mechanical keyboard meetup to Germany.

After we got the most basic things sorted out, I'd like to invite you to our meetup!

Date: October 1st, 2016
Time: 16:00–19:00
Location: ab+zu, Darmstadt, Germany, https://www.qundg.de/ab-und-zu/

This will be our first meetup in Darmstadt! We'll meet in a friendly atmosphere in a cool location to show off and talk about our keyboards.

Do I want this?

Attendance is free! Come over, chat about your hobby, bring your keyboards, try other keyboards, trade/eat/laugh/ :)

There will be free pizza and drinks at fair prices from the venue!

I want this!

We created a Meetup group. Just join us and RSVP for the event, so we know how many people/keyboards to expect:

https://www.meetup.com/Mechanical-Keybo ... 233445797/

Programm

The great folks over at Wooting (of Kickstarter fame) will join us on October 1st and give a talk!
They can give us a lot of insights about their new product, analog switches, starting a keyboard/kickstarter company or the real technical side of keyboards.

We will also have a raffle!

What's next?

If anybody wants to do a talk or a workshop on a mk-related topic, this would be awesome! PM me.

Any vendors that would like to sponsor the meetup in any way, please contact me! :3

If you have any questions left, comment here or PM me.

Spread the word!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

03 Sep 2016, 08:15

Free Classic Beige GMK DT cap for anyone I meet there from DT!

Limited quantities, have to have a DT user and one post from before this announcement. Club membership not required.

Halvar

03 Sep 2016, 12:06

I live only 45 kms from Darmstadt, but unfortunately, on October 1st I'm still in France for holiday. Hoping for a huge success and a recurrence some time ...
Last edited by Halvar on 03 Sep 2016, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

TuxKey
LLAP

03 Sep 2016, 12:33

Good show guys ..i live in The Netherlands and we had a great first meetup..
Great to hear other EU folks doing the same finally sum good news instead of all the problem news :D

I know the guys from Wooting great guys..

btw if you want more info about the switch they use it's called the FlareTech switch developed by Adomax.
i believe it's the better option between the two versions of switches using light to transmit a signal.
The only thing i'm missing is a variety of switch feel .Like mx-clear bump with mx-brown spring.
But when switch replacement is so easy i'm sure people that don't want or own soldering materials wil do the work
them selfs if companies don't start doing it.. That was the one advice i hoped Wooting could one day manage.
Instead of giving us the already known brown,red,black,green,clear,white bla,bla switches give us something with a new
feel instead if the marketing nonsense of faster game play hahaha...
But i'm getting of topic..just think the talks regarding keyboards with new and old companies are good things to do..
Let us know how the event was ;-)
Good luck guys

Alkhar

01 Oct 2016, 09:18

Hi people, i'am currently in the Mc donalds who face the Hauptbhanhoff.
If someone is here this morning, feel free to join me.
Last edited by Alkhar on 03 Oct 2016, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

01 Oct 2016, 09:24

I am on the way to you :) my train is two stations away from the hbf, I am in 20 minutes there.
Black jeans, grey jacket, black briefcase :)

Alkhar

01 Oct 2016, 10:38

Ok Hypkx is here, feel free to join us.

mecano

01 Oct 2016, 13:31

Wish you a great meetup guys, don't forget the pics!

Phenix
-p

01 Oct 2016, 14:07

Have fun!
Too bad I cant be there

Return to “News”