PFU and Topre to hold collaborative meetup in Tokyo

21 May 2018, 10:26

http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/hhkeyboard/meetup/2018/

The event is going to be held June 5th in Roppongi. Eiiti Wada will be there, and if I understand correctly PFU plan to discuss their progress on requested products/features made at the last meet? Perhaps someone more proficient in Japanese could confirm. :)

The last event was held in September of 2017, it looked like a lot of fun and PFU even brought in multiple HGs including the venerable HG Japan, so perhaps they will return for this one.

It is nice to see PFU giving enthusiasts this much attention. :D
DKYK95LW4AAvs5x.jpg
DKYK95LW4AAvs5x.jpg (52.55 KiB) Viewed 4984 times

the_marsbar

21 May 2018, 12:35

That is really cool. I hope someone will go, and bring back a long report with lots of photos :)

the_marsbar

19 Jun 2018, 15:48

Did anyone go? I'm curious to hear about any news, especially regarding the HHKB :)

the_marsbar

26 Sep 2018, 13:23

I'm bumping this thread to hear if anyone has seen reports from it? Any news about possible updates to the HHKB BT? I'd love if they added the possibility to run it via USB, or hide the batteries internally :)

Muirium
µ

26 Sep 2018, 13:48

I doubt they'll bother redoing the HHKB so soon. Just look at the timeline. I think we're expected to lump it!

Besides, we do have our own solution to the problem.

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Sep 2018, 17:17

the_marsbar wrote: I'd love if they added the possibility to run it via USB
But it does.

the_marsbar

26 Sep 2018, 17:35

As far as I know, that USB port is for charging only. Correct me if I’m wrong.

xxhellfirexx

26 Sep 2018, 20:12

What is that red HHKB? I haven't seen anything like it before.

27 Sep 2018, 00:28

the_marsbar wrote: I'm bumping this thread to hear if anyone has seen reports from it? Any news about possible updates to the HHKB BT? I'd love if they added the possibility to run it via USB, or hide the batteries internally :)
The main takeaway from the event was the collaborative Realforce they put out.
The red HHKB is some weird one-off lacquer thing they did to the original Fujitsu dome w/slider model.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Sep 2018, 08:52

the_marsbar wrote: As far as I know, that USB port is for charging only. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Wrong :mrgreen: It's a backup for when the batteries run out and works perfectly fine. I don't think it charges, I've never tried it with rechargeable batteries anyway.
hhkbs.jpg
hhkbs.jpg (511.91 KiB) Viewed 4577 times

the_marsbar

27 Sep 2018, 08:54

Okay, then I must have misunderstood something. So you're not running it off Bluetooth, but powering via USB? I mean, would it work on a machine without Bluetooth?

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Sep 2018, 09:01

Yes.

Correction: No. Just tested it, when connected by USB it still uses Bluetooth, if I disable Bluetooth on the computer, it doens't work.

the_marsbar

27 Sep 2018, 09:03

Yikes. That just nudged me closer to buying one... Thanks for the information :)

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Sep 2018, 09:05

See my correction.

the_marsbar

27 Sep 2018, 09:06

Right. That's what I thought. I'd like to see that changed. Occasionally I use my keyboard with a Raspberry Pi, and an old iMac G3

Muirium
µ

27 Sep 2018, 09:59

Indeed. The USB fallback on my Hasu HHKB does come in handy sometimes. My one remaining port is mostly for charging—no way the official HHKB BT will be a AA battery charger!—but with Hasu’s power switch I can flip between Bluetooth and USB hosts while plugged in. He really did get all this stuff right, unlike PFU/Topre.

Return to “News”