F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

iamacicada

27 Nov 2019, 04:41

consolation wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 23:43
Wow, just wow... People are complaining about others getting keyboards earlier, EVEN THOUGH IT WON'T AFFECT WHEN THEY GET THEIRS, might even help speed things along! (And, they still get preferential treatment - when their order can be completed...) Everyday, the human race turns out to be a bit pettier and more disappointing than one expects; no matter how low you set your expectations. Way to go people...
Yeah I was wondering if people misunderstood something or they were just THAT entitled.

Ellipse

28 Nov 2019, 22:33

Thanks all for the feedback - I will try to get many of the no printed keys orders out then.

If anyone wants to switch to no printed keys please message me.

Zimyver

29 Nov 2019, 07:35

iamacicada wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 04:41
consolation wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 23:43
Wow, just wow... People are complaining about others getting keyboards earlier, EVEN THOUGH IT WON'T AFFECT WHEN THEY GET THEIRS, might even help speed things along! (And, they still get preferential treatment - when their order can be completed...) Everyday, the human race turns out to be a bit pettier and more disappointing than one expects; no matter how low you set your expectations. Way to go people...
Yeah I was wondering if people misunderstood something or they were just THAT entitled.
Shipping blank boards earlier will mean that they won't need to be shipped later. freeing up time to ship keyboards with legends faster later. Meaning that people with legends will also get theirs sooner they they otherwise would.

It's just people butt hurt about not being first. If they actually thought it through then they would recognise the increased efficiency will get them theirs sooner.

Cubelia

29 Nov 2019, 21:43

To be honest, shipping those ones first would be totally feasible as others had said. Another plus is that inventory takes $ to stay at storage(if Ellipse didn't place the goods in his own place), getting as many keyboards out earlier will reduce the strain on storage cost. It still is the orders with low serial perks got shipped first. The schedule for printed keys will not be delayed, think of it like some sort of warm up when Ellipse still had spare time before everything for printed keys is ready.

IMO no one really knows how fast the dye sub process would go as it won't be easy once it went under mass production scale. Maybe it would take weeks or months to fine-tune everything until it matches OG. Meanwhile orders that could already be shipped will also stay in storage.

russypt

03 Dec 2019, 16:41

I purchased the low serial option with printed caps, but I support shipping others first if they don't need the caps. Maybe they are trying to do reviews for YouTube, etc, and could get more people interested in the final run. This could improve the economies of scale for ellipse and contribute to the success of the project.

If I am interpreting this correctly, I would still get a low printed serial number, just with final assembly and shipping later - no big deal. I'm sure others feel the same way.

cods

Yesterday, 04:37

I purchased the low serial option as well, and sure, it'd be lovely to get this awesome keyboard(s) as soon as possible, but I'm not going to die in a ditch over it. Send it whenever, it looks like being an amazing bit of kit :D

Ellipse, thanks for running an amazing project so far!

Everyone getting their knickers in a twist about or being entitled, petty, etc, remember that as brilliant as it is, it's a brilliant keyboard, you're unlikely to be harmed by timing, be kind, and calm down.

:lol:

wobbled

Yesterday, 16:47

An exception for single digit serials sounds fair

robo

Yesterday, 22:36

Sorry if this has already been discussed, and I can see what a massive project this has been already, but I figured I'd ask:

Are there any future plans for different boards, for example a remake of the Model M SSK (perhaps even with the Model-F mechanism inside... best of both worlds)?

John Doe

Today, 04:40

robo wrote:
Yesterday, 22:36
Sorry if this has already been discussed, and I can see what a massive project this has been already, but I figured I'd ask:

Are there any future plans for different boards, for example a remake of the Model M SSK (perhaps even with the Model-F mechanism inside... best of both worlds)?
I hope that could happen someday, and more, Unsaver reproduction will be preferable, I guess.

Return to “Group buys”