herald wrote: ↑
28 Nov 2022, 00:00
I edited `qmk_firmware/quantum/haptic.c`. Although I got build errors, so too much has likely changed for this patch to still work. If only we knew which version/commit this patch was intended for - can be found out by comparing commit timestamps with the forum post here. I did that and you can run `git checkout 0e5d67145a649480fd49a72712997feb6303a471` in the qmk_firmware directory after running `qmk setup` to rollback the code.
I followed the same instructions with this checkout and it worked! Finally thanks to https://docs.qmk.fm/#/feature_key_overrides
I have my lisp parens keys.
If you do not need newer QMK features, it would be safer and easier to just use QMK 0.0.30 as adviced here, under *Building the firmware locally on the command line*: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17Fq ... Og80w/edit
Edit: I see you just wanted to get your solenoid working for modifiers. I'd say try following the instructions again using the checkout.
Thank you for the info and timestamp.
I was able to compile the F77 wcass hex file on the Ubuntu VM, then used 2021 Pandrew QMK Utility to erase EEPROM and Enter Bootloader, and then used Atmos Flip to flash the hex file.
But the solenoid does not work for my modifier keys (on two attempts), so I'd like to retrace my steps for mistakes:
- I ran 'git checkout 0e5d67145a649480fd49a72712997feb6303a471' after the 'qmk setup' step in the manual
- Made 'qmk_firmware_andrei' directory, git cloned purdea.ro repository in new directory, then copied 'qmk_firmware_andrei/qmk_firmware/keyboards/xwhatsit/' to 'qmk_firmware/keyboards'
- Edited 'qmk_firmware/keyboards/xwhatsit/brand_new_model_f/f77/wcass/config.h' to comment out '#define DESCRIPTION' and comment out '#ifndef ...' to '#endif'
- Edited 'qmk_firmware/keyboards/xwhatsit/brand_new_model_f/f77/wcass/rules.mk' to add 'NKRO_ENABLE = yes', 'LTO_ENABLE = yes', 'HAPTIC_ENABLE = yes', 'HAPTIC_DRIVER = SOLENOID', remove original 'HAPTIC_ENABLE += SOLENOID'
- Left 'qmk_firmware/quantum/haptic.c' alone, but solenoid did not work for modifier keys, so I tried adding '#define HAPTIC_EXCLUSION_KEYS 0' second time around but still did not work for modifier keys
- Copied 'qmk_firmware_andrei/qmk_firmware/tmk_core' to 'qmk_firmware' and merge but not overwrite existing files
- Downloaded my QMK Customization "default.json" file from Windows to Ubuntu VM, in my home folder (I used home folder instead of above home, because need sudo permission)
- Set keyboard to F77 wcass with 'qmk config user.keyboard=xwhatsit/brand_new_model_f/f77/wcass'
- Ran 'qmk compile ".\default.json"' to get .hex file, moved .hex file back to Windows, then used 2021 Pandrew QMK Utility and Atmos Flip, replugged USB