Distribution, Refunds and Repairs

nathanscribe

21 Aug 2011, 22:17

runeazn wrote:got a new calculator also annoyed a calculator forum :P
[OT]

I recently sold most of my vintage calculators... just got a small handful of old ones now, and an HP35s.

[/OT]

sixty
Gasbag Guru

21 Aug 2011, 23:32

hate
burr
Taietzel
Swede
hoggy
mr_frag
maattdd

xbb

21 Aug 2011, 23:44

Sent you a pm yesterday sixty, have a look at it when you got time thanks.

Zelaxe

22 Aug 2011, 00:03

Swede got his sent but not me? How does that work out? :P
Hopefully mine will be sent in the next batch (tomorrow?) then.
Peoples impressions here make me even more giddy to get my hands on my board though. :<

isman

22 Aug 2011, 13:38

With my luck, bet i'll be the last

runeazn

22 Aug 2011, 13:43

This is strange Sixty can i have a tracking number as it should arrive within 1-3 working days which are already passed,,

sixty
Gasbag Guru

22 Aug 2011, 15:10

runeazn wrote:This is strange Sixty can i have a tracking number as it should arrive within 1-3 working days which are already passed,,
Since you only paid for the "Paeckchen" shipping option, there is no tracking number for your order. The shipment is insured (you actually did not even want to pay for that until I convinced you otherwise :roll: ), but not trackable without investigation, which can be issued after two weeks of no delivery.

So for now, I can't do much besides tell you do be patient for a little longer.

Swede

22 Aug 2011, 16:45

Nice to see mine shipped, just hope it gets here ;)

Btw, Runeazn, you have waited for a few months now, why does a few days matter?
I "need" it because i'm moving on saturday, my parents can still pick it up after that so I'm in no rush, 1 or 2 more weeks won't matter to me.

rouston

22 Aug 2011, 17:07

No news until you mentioned my name. A bit strange as I leave right in Paris and as DHL is supposed to be a bit faster than regular mail service. Any status or tracking number as I've chosen this option? thanks you very much for your help Sixty. :)

prava

22 Aug 2011, 17:17

Hi fols ;)
@sixty: any chance you could send me the tracking number? Couriers tend to do whatever they want here, and with tracking number I can check where is the package sitting so I can call and make them move.

Yeah, awesome service we have here :(

yench

22 Aug 2011, 17:41

Mine arrived on on saturday. No problems thus far. There are scratches on some keys but I can live with it.

I really like the reds but I'm thinking of replacing them with ergo clear light switches because reds are boring to write on. Maybe get another Poker, one for gaming and one for typing... Or put the reds on another board. I'm too lazy with (de-)soldering though.

The PBT caps are good as well though I don't like that the filling is not level with the key surface (was the same with the Leopold caps... why can they not make them level?). Does anyone know of thick blank PBT caps? Currently using Cherry Corp. DS caps.

Considering the 'manual': Is mine the only one where the FN Table for 9-Z is printed twice? Not that it matters.

Thanks sixty for your effort with this group buy!

runeazn

22 Aug 2011, 21:17

@swede as my vacation is going to ends this week... sadly
and i hoped i would get it in the begin of the summer vacation..

sixty
Gasbag Guru

23 Aug 2011, 01:31

Will be sending out tracking numbers to those that requested them from the office. Normally folks were supposed to receive an e-mail from DHL directly once stuff has been. But it does not look like anyone actually did.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

23 Aug 2011, 06:26

As promised, manual searching through thousands of documents!

prava: http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/ ... earch=true
rouston: http://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/ ... 1028336062

rouston

23 Aug 2011, 09:16

thanks Sixty! ;)

Nask

23 Aug 2011, 11:03

Yeah, Rouston will receive his Poker ...
It means that I'll probably receive mine soon (South of France) :)

runeazn

23 Aug 2011, 12:31

wohoo got it!!
btw sixty did i ever bought something from you before???''

epic small keyboard!
Feels very light too hehe.

btw what to do if a key does not have a click?
I hear a soft zipper sound when doing it quick but if not i dont have a click at all.
with quick i mean letting it fall back to normal and than hit it, no sound sounds like my mx brown :P

BTW many keys vary in click hardness, as in some sound a little softer, I dont know if i need to be happy with it or not?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

23 Aug 2011, 14:07

The uneven sounds of clicking seems to be a factor on all modern blue MX boards. After a while they break in and kinda normalize. If you do find any non clicking switches you can open them yourself. Guides for that are around here or on geekhack. If you find you cannot repair the switch, I can send a replacement. I received a few repair kits from Vortex, so I can replace dull switches.

runeazn

23 Aug 2011, 14:19

oh okay.
What about if i totally fuck up the switch in the process >_>?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

24 Aug 2011, 06:40

Due to popular(?) demand, alternative PBT keycaps are available now:

http://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1125

db_Iodine

24 Aug 2011, 07:16

sixty: no packages sent for 2 days? I've been trembling with excitement for a few weeks now.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

24 Aug 2011, 07:23

One wave went out yesterday. I think yours and most other nordic folks were with it. Currently could not update the list since I have no access to the physical parcels (they are at the office)

db_Iodine

24 Aug 2011, 07:48

Excellent news. Thanks.

ricky

24 Aug 2011, 12:24

Don't want to sound annoying (i know sixty you did a lot of work, and you're still on it) but would you know if my package was sent (i'm in france)? Thank you.

rouston

24 Aug 2011, 17:40

Just received it and what I can say until now is that the first impressions are really better than for the Noppoo Choc Mini.
It seems than the flaws that were highlighted in the first reviews have been corrected.
Space bar, modifier keys and enter key are better than Noppoo one (I mean less noisy so better for gaming as well).
Typing is a bit different as this Poker is in Red and Noppoo in brown but I like these big white on black keys. Are these PBT or ABS? Tbh it doesn't really matter.
I'll let you know if there are some issues.

Thank you very much Sixty for making this possible :)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

24 Aug 2011, 20:20

db_iodine
xbb
eliOcs
ndp
PrinsValium
Shiny

Zelaxe

24 Aug 2011, 21:15

Are these new deliveries or the ones sent to the nordic countries?

dracaXL

25 Aug 2011, 06:43

Dear Sixty,

Just wondering what is going on with my order =3. I have a feeling it will be shipping last (Australia)?

Cheers,

dXL

sixty
Gasbag Guru

25 Aug 2011, 07:14

I will send you a PM regarding your order when I get informed with what it costs. Chances are it might cost a bit more than you originally paid, since back then your address was still in the UK. Luckily I noticed this before the complete disaster of shipping it to the old address. It was actually part of the reason why everyone had to re-submit their address :oops:

VladTepes

25 Aug 2011, 10:15

First of all, thank you for taking care of this massive mass order! I am quite eager to play with this keyboard.

Sorry for my ignorance but I still do not get why the parcels are processed in batches of only 5-10ish keyboards a day? I understand that shipping all the boards at the same time would have been quite problematic, but handling 20-30 packets should definitely not be a problem for them!

Also, you said the boards are sent by DHL in order of shipping costs. So if you paid for the supposedly faster “Paket” shipping option, it means you will actually get your packet latter than with the “Päckchen” option?

Obviously, after over four months of waiting, a few days more will not make any difference. It is still quite surprising…

Return to “Group buys”