[Closed] Unicomp GB of Dooom!

Muirium
µ

16 Apr 2015, 01:41

andrewjoy wrote: can i add 2 red esc to my order please :)
Whatever you do, don't PM the bot!

Taking orders, btw. If you're quick.

vsev

16 Apr 2015, 19:29

I've PM you the order for LLRnR and me, thanks again about this Muirium !

Muirium
µ

16 Apr 2015, 19:59

I'm a little slow, being on holiday (and 8 hours out of my usual sync) so don't worry if I haven't PMed you guys yet. I will do soon, to get the exact details confirmed.

Remember I need up front payment for this order. You'll hear about that in PM too!

hammelgammler
Vintage

16 Apr 2015, 20:02

Could someone tell me what exactly EnduraPro Pearl/Grey is?
The picture on the keycap set seems to be normal Pearl Pebble to me, so the exact colors of standard Model M keycaps.

But what are these EnduraPro Pearl? Would be nice to know. :)

Khers

16 Apr 2015, 21:17

Muirium wrote: I'm a little slow, being on holiday (and 8 hours out of my usual sync) so don't worry if I haven't PMed you guys yet. I will do soon, to get the exact details confirmed.

Remember I need up front payment for this order. You'll hear about that in PM too!
You have every right to take it easy when you're on holiday! I might have been one of the ones who have disturbed you - sorry about that! :oops:

LLRnR
\m/

16 Apr 2015, 21:19

hammelgammler wrote: Could someone tell me what exactly EnduraPro Pearl/Grey is?
The picture on the keycap set seems to be normal Pearl Pebble to me, so the exact colors of standard Model M keycaps.

But what are these EnduraPro Pearl? Would be nice to know. :)
EnduraPro are their keyboards with integrated pointing devices (forgot their name) and mouse buttons. So unless you want weirdly shaped caps for G, H, and B, don't order the EnduraPro "button set".

scottc

16 Apr 2015, 21:21

Are you thinking of the trackpoint?

LLRnR
\m/

16 Apr 2015, 21:22

scottc wrote: Are you thinking of the trackpoint?
Trackpoint, right, that's how it's called. Thanks.

Muirium
µ

17 Apr 2015, 02:24

No worries. I know how to take things easy, to a true fault!

I've contacted Unicomp for advice about shipping options for an order of this size. (Several hundred bucks.) Once I've got their attention, I'll ask about black sets too, which I can't seem to find. I'd like to use insured shipping when there's a lot of stuff to lose. We're splitting the cost between a whole bunch of people anyway.

Edit: Unicomp's feedback system is everything you could possibly fear… why must we break email? Text still works, people, give it a chance!

Muirium
µ

18 Apr 2015, 10:56

All right folks, the PMs are coming. I'm confirming each of your individual orders and pricing, and asking about payment. Basically PayPal is best for me (or has been so far…) and USDs are what Unicomp takes so those are ideal. I'm also adding a split of the US domestic shipping fee to every order. If it looks a bit high, don't worry, I'll work out the real cost at the end when I'm sending the caps to you and adjust.

Looks like I'll be proxying quite a lot of caps in the mail in any case!

Muirium
µ

18 Apr 2015, 20:29

Reckon sending out PayPal invoices is safer than doing things by gifts? I need to figure out how that works, especially wrt: their fees. I've got about a dozen people ordering, and the fees will add up quick.

Muirium
µ

20 Apr 2015, 18:58

Sorry for holding things up, and not checking PMs the last day or so. I've been holed up in bed, good and sick. Will try to get things back on track today. But take it easy on me! I'm not 100%.

scottc

20 Apr 2015, 19:02

I dealt with lots of PayPal payments recently so I can answer any questions regarding gifts, etc if you'd like.

Muirium
µ

20 Apr 2015, 19:03

Aye, go on then!

chzel

20 Apr 2015, 19:12

Muirium wrote: Sorry for holding things up, and not checking PMs the last day or so. I've been holed up in bed, good and sick. Will try to get things back on track today. But take it easy on me! I'm not 100%.
No way I am believing this... :evilgeek:
You are just too distracted playing with your new toys!
:mrgreen:

scottc

20 Apr 2015, 19:14

Don't do a goods payment! It requires you to input tracking numbers or PayPal may freeze your account.
Don't approach your account limits or PayPal may freeze your account.
Don't send or receive money or PayPal may freeze your account.
Don't even create an account, this is a freezable offense!

If you suddenly receive several high-value gifts payments, PayPal will probably get suspicious. I'd probably go for services payments if it's anything over a few hundred euro. That means that the buyers will handle any fees, and you're under no obligation to provide tracking numbers that you can't provide, and your account will probably be less likely to be put under scrutiny for suddenly receiving lots of gifts.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

20 Apr 2015, 19:18

Just ask for services. Who cares about the small percentage fee when all you're buying is a couple of keys/springs.

Muirium
µ

20 Apr 2015, 20:52

Guess I'll see what they come to. I get to charge you guys a second time for European shipping, so can adjust accordingly!

Thanks for the pointers, Scott. Invoices for PayPal Goods sounds about right. Everyone I've heard back from is fine paying in USD, too, which simplifies things as Unicomp insists!

Muirium
µ

21 Apr 2015, 08:28

Going through people's orders now. I sent out my first PayPal invoice, and in typical fashion they didn't give me any option anywhere for selecting goods or services. Sly buggers!
Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 11.02.23 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 11.02.23 pm.png (177.69 KiB) Viewed 10950 times
Let's see if this works. I went with a small one as a test, and thanks to Ichigo including his email address with his order. I should have thought of requesting that in the OP!

scottc

21 Apr 2015, 16:57

FYI you can just send people the address to pay to and they can then specify whether it's for goods/services. Not sure how it works with invoices. Sorry, I should have mentioned that before!

Muirium
µ

21 Apr 2015, 17:20

Orly? I'll try that then! So far a handful of people have paid, with the smallest orders, but there's a few real sharks in there to come.

scottc

21 Apr 2015, 17:32

PM me your e-mail address and I can do a test run!

Muirium
µ

22 Apr 2015, 21:37

Been on the phone to Jeanne at Unicomp. Good news: they can just squeeze this all in! Fortunately I priced in a share towards a fancy shipping method on everyone's orders because we'll need it: the caps won't be ready until Monday, and I leave Thursday. Packing them may involve me leaving my clothes behind for next visit. (Insert naked traveller jokes here.)

She told me that Vsev's order (which he's placing separately, and I'll proxy to him in France by mail) is the largest one Unicomp has ever received for caps! Next time I must be more strict about sticking to my own rules!

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

22 Apr 2015, 22:24

Losing your clothes over a couple of springs, now that's commitment!

Muirium
µ

22 Apr 2015, 22:47

Ah, they'll still be here when I'm back, sometime…

Anyway, that's it: the order is done. Now let's enjoy the race. Against time itself!!

Anticube

23 Apr 2015, 02:37

wear-layers.jpg
wear-layers.jpg (190.5 KiB) Viewed 10828 times

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

23 Apr 2015, 02:43

A suitcase full of caps ought to be interesting conversation at the customs desk....

Muirium
µ

23 Apr 2015, 03:06

One full of caps. The other full of keyboards. And I'll be wearing three hats. There's a theme…

Anticube

23 Apr 2015, 03:12

KeycapsDress.jpg
KeycapsDress.jpg (70.03 KiB) Viewed 10807 times

vsev

23 Apr 2015, 11:10

Muirium wrote: She told me that Vsev's order (which he's placing separately, and I'll proxy to him in France by mail) is the largest one Unicomp has ever received for caps! Next time I must be more strict about sticking to my own rules!
I doubt about their "biggest caps order there" we're talking about equal quantity as less than 5 full sets here... I can imagine even little companies who needed dedicated caps have done much more than this already !
But anyway a big thanks to you for taking care of this all, wish you better condition to enjoy your lasts days of holidays !

Return to “Group buys”