[Closed] Unicomp GB of Dooom!

t!ng
Awake Sheep

05 May 2016, 14:28

Any update would be much appreciated.

Muirium
µ

05 May 2016, 14:34

I'm still here. So is your stuff. Hang in there! I ain't running anywhere. But I'm just not at home enough to get this moving for the moment.

I made a bunch of mistakes trying to hurry the smaller shipments. Really need to do a full audit. And no more errors! Time consuming stuff. It'll happen though. I need my desk back after all!

t!ng
Awake Sheep

05 May 2016, 14:59

Perfect, sounds good, thank you.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

16 Jun 2016, 13:22

Any updates from your side, µ?

Any kind of ETA?

Muirium
µ

16 Jun 2016, 15:00

Still much the same. I'm heading out to visit my mum again (who's in hospital outside of town) in a few minutes. All this back and forth is time consuming without my own wheels.

But yes, I must get on with shipping stuff. It's certainly taking up room back here! Sorry for making you guys wait, I can well imagine how frustrating it all is. My own Unicomp stuff is still in the box too.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

08 Sep 2016, 18:37

I'm sorry to be a dick (again) but are there any news on the shipping? I plan to sell the keyboard these parts are supposed to go and I'd rather sell a full keyboard.

Sorry for being a selfish prick but I would really appreciate an ETA.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

15 Dec 2016, 14:54

Bump

Muirium
µ

15 Dec 2016, 17:17

I'm in America! (This year's luggage is already spoken for: last year's spillovers and various favours to friends and family.) The plan is to get things moving again when I'm back home in January. Yes, I've been shitty at sticking to plans though. Fingers crossed I can get the time and space in order to make ammends. You guys have waited much too long, and your stuff is sitting lonely in a box that's kinda in the way…

t!ng
Awake Sheep

12 Apr 2017, 13:18

I want to believe

snoopy

12 Apr 2017, 13:32

waiting time is a hard time

andrewjoy

12 Apr 2017, 14:03

And i was under the impression my EU group buy had dragged on :P

I am sure Mµ will be back when he can.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

23 May 2017, 09:28

Any news? It has been 2 years.

snoopy

25 Feb 2019, 13:29

I'm currently not really active anymore, but are there any updates on this? Did anyone get his stuff?

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

17 Sep 2019, 00:05

No stuff received ever, no updates given ever. This user is basically a scammer, buyer's beware.

EDIT: I did receive part of my stuff on March 2016 (Hypersphere rings, it seems), but the rest of the order has never arrived. Don't care for the stuff anymore, just the heads up for the rest of the folks.

hammelgammler
Vintage

27 Dec 2019, 21:03

As far as today I didn't receive anything either, it would be really nice to get an update on the situation.

vsev

08 Jan 2020, 13:40

Same here, still no update, nor any news of any kind as far as today.. Don't even remember how many years its been :/

wobbled

10 Jan 2020, 11:00

Was this a scam then? This thread is very old and no one has what they paid for

andrewjoy

10 Jan 2020, 11:05

wobbled wrote:
Doubt that its a scam , Muirium is an active member of the community for a long time.

I had my stuff ages ago but then Muirium had a family issue and had to take some time away.

He is back recently so i would send him a PM.

wobbled

10 Jan 2020, 11:15

andrewjoy wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 11:05
wobbled wrote:
Doubt that its a scam , Muirium is an active member of the community for a long time.

I had my stuff ages ago but then Muirium had a family issue and had to take some time away.

He is back recently so i would send him a PM.
Oh I never actually checked who the OP was haha

snoopy

24 Apr 2020, 16:08

Anything happened? Did somebody contact Muirium?

I still would really love to have my stuff...

Muirium
µ

28 Apr 2020, 22:17

And so he did…
snoopy wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 22:11
Thanks! Really looking forward to it. I love digging through keyboard stuff. :D

Unicomp GB of Dooom :lol: :lol: We should rename the thread.
Snoopy’s taking over fulfillment. I’m putting it all in a box and shipping it his way. So we can get this thing sorted before Doomsday!

(Sorry to have fucked up quite so monstrously, folks.)

snoopy

29 Apr 2020, 15:01

Nobody here anymore to celebrate it? :D

Guys, we will have a lot of fun. I will post pics of everything and we dig together through all this. :mrgreen:

Muirium
µ

30 Apr 2020, 13:06

Okay, a morning of counting…
Unicomp Box.pdf
(106.92 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
That’s how granular this stuff gets! Right now, it’s all together in the biggest box I can find. Weighs over 8 kilos. I think my own order is still among it all, though, as I’ve searched my own caps stash and can’t find Unicomp stuff. So I’ll need to figure that out next.

You’ve your work cut out for you, Snoopy!

snoopy

30 Apr 2020, 13:18

wooohooo, I see my long awaited ssk barrel frames at the end :D

Muirium
µ

30 Apr 2020, 14:30

So I’m really having trouble figuring out who’s stuff I’ve still got here. (That’s what taking YEARS out will do for you, alas.) Everyone get in touch, okay! I could really use some group input.

IMG_2502.JPG
IMG_2502.JPG (276.04 KiB) Viewed 39010 times
What I do have is 8 kilos of caps, sorted and counted in the pdf I posted above. But my records for people’s orders aren’t nearly as complete as I thought. Plus I can’t seem to search PMs here at DT to find my original order confirmations with you guys back when I collated this monstrous order! Halp!
vsev wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 13:40
Same here, still no update, nor any news of any kind as far as today.. Don't even remember how many years its been :/
Didn’t I ship you and LLRnR’s stuff out a few years ago? Your two orders were very specific and none of that stuff is still here in stock.

Muirium
µ

03 May 2020, 23:13

A big old box of Lexington’s finest is now on its way to Snoopy. His help is well and truly appreciated!

I ran this GB at just the wrong time. It closed the very Christmas, 2015, when my mum’s cancer got diagnosed. I dropped everything to spend time with her. She died a year and a spring later. I was, uh, pretty knocked out of everything by that. And then I lost someone else very close and special to me the year after. It’s been a rough ride the while this stuff’s been sitting neglected. My apologies for biting off more than I proved to chew.

Anyway, it’s in Snoopy’s paws now. Let’s get this thing done!

snoopy

07 Jul 2020, 17:32

Just in case anybody is wondering... this stuff never arrived.

snoopy

08 Nov 2022, 13:51

Whenever I come back to DT, something reminds me on this GB.

Muirium, pm me and let us finally solve this.

Muirium
µ

08 Nov 2022, 19:16

I shipped the box to you in 2020. It bounced back to me, months later, unopened. The shipping labels should still be attached to it. Disheartened, I put it back away in the deepest bowels of my storage where it lies quite forgotten. Have you got a valid address for me this time?

The ultimate problem remains the fact we don’t know who ordered what. Literally: at all. I (evidently rather naively) relied on DT’s PM system for all record keeping. PM search broke in 2017 or whenever the Deskthority phpbb migration occurred, obliterating my history. I don’t know who any of the remaining stuff belongs to, and none of them have reached out to me for many years.

If you want another shot, give it a go by all means. My heart sank when it came back to me, just like that time I shipped a NeXT to Seebart

kmnov2017

08 Nov 2022, 20:45

I can also offer to help if you need an address in Germany?

I am assuming only the goods were paid for and that shipping to individual addresses still need to be paid for -Is this correct?

The way we could work this out is first we make an inventory of items and then have people claim what's their’s. Evidence of original payment to Muirium will need to be showed though (e.g. screenshots of PayPal transfers?)

Return to “Group buys”