[Closed] Unicomp GB of Dooom!

Muirium
µ

05 Apr 2015, 21:24

CLOSED!

Round 2 closes on Monday!

Keep your orders small! I have **limited** luggage space. Some arriving back in Scotland in February. Some arriving end of March. I can purchase an extra bag to fly back in February for $100, but you'll need to pay for that so let's keep this small, eh?

Caps are good. Especially single Escape keys and RGB sets. Take your pick:

http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/category/Buttons

Pricing is 1.1x Unicomp's figures, to cover PayPal and taxes, and we have $30 of US shipping to split between us too. Let's call it $1 minimum per small item (like an RGB set) I will be collecting in US Dollars via PayPal. PM me your orders!

This is a very quick affair by the way. Gotta ship out of Unicomp in the next week or so to be sure of avoiding a repeat of Round 1's missed plane! So be quick or stay home.

European shipping is not included. I will work all that out when I'm back home. Should be bubblemailers for the small stuff, costing about 5 Euros Europe-wide shipping via Royal Mail. And no taxes, because I'm shipping from inside the EU. Naturally, if you're in my EliteKeyboards, NeXT or Topre damping rings GBs, or were in Unicomp Round 1, shipping will be bundled.

Round 1 OP:

Unicomp: fine purveyors of IBM compatible bits and pieces, especially caps and replacement hammers and springs. But a pain to import thanks to costly shipping.

Well, I'm in America, and I'm placing an order. Anyone want to join in? I'll be coming back at the end of the month, and I've limited luggage capacity, so don't get ideas about full keyboards! But caps and such should fit. You take a look at what they've got and get back to me:

http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/category/accessories

I'll consider anything Unicomp sells and is reasonably small. And I'll decide what orders I can squeeze in, literally! PayPal is probably the way to go (unless you're in Britain I suppose). The order needs to be placed by the middle of the month so they can be here and I can get them packed for the long haul.

So, interest?
Last edited by Muirium on 28 Apr 2020, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

Khers

05 Apr 2015, 21:27

I would be interested in a blank full keyset for one of my SSKs. Would that be possible to squeeze in there?

Muirium
µ

05 Apr 2015, 21:29

Yes, should be. That's exactly the kind of thing I mean. So long as there's not too many orders for them…

scottc

05 Apr 2015, 21:36

I'm in for one APL set, possibly two if you don't mind. Thanks Mu!

Muirium
µ

05 Apr 2015, 21:38

I'm going there for caps myself. I'd better try a trial run of packing, to see how many caps bags I could fit. There's keyboards coming back with me of my own, of course! (But not Unicomps.)

Paranoid

05 Apr 2015, 21:43

Nice gesture Muirium! I'm in for a printed rgb set if that works for you. Maybe also some single keys when I get a better look.

pasph

05 Apr 2015, 23:27

Last edited by pasph on 05 Apr 2015, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

chzel

05 Apr 2015, 23:29

I need a few caps and the like, but I'll be able to tell you tomorrow, I'm away from home! Thanks!

Ascaii
The Beard

05 Apr 2015, 23:37

I would be up for a capslock/control kit. Just two keys.

andrewjoy

05 Apr 2015, 23:41

interpreted in an ALP set and a blank caps lock and blank RBG

Anticube

06 Apr 2015, 02:11

I would ask a Complete Unprinted + RGB Unprinted + Spacebar (Unprinted! :)

Muirium
µ

06 Apr 2015, 02:43

Looks like we've definitely got a GB on our hands then! I'll figure out what I can fit.

Azhdar

06 Apr 2015, 03:02

Oh nice, I'll soon be in need of an French SSK set for a conversion. Mark me down

TheNacho
delicious.

06 Apr 2015, 21:44

I would be in for a set of printed RGB modifiers and a red WASD, if there is room.

elRetto

06 Apr 2015, 21:52

I'd be interrested in rgb mods + 4 more caps

iAmAhab

06 Apr 2015, 22:03

I would be down for rgb mods and possibly some springs and hammers.

Muirium
µ

07 Apr 2015, 09:26

Cool. I'll open this up as an official GB in the next few days, once I've figured out my capacity limit.

TheNacho
delicious.

07 Apr 2015, 10:34

Awesome. Thank you!

hKing

07 Apr 2015, 18:09

Hi there,

I'd be interested in some RGB-Mods and a protective dust cover for the Classic 101 (should fit the Model M 101?).

andrewjoy

07 Apr 2015, 18:15

anyone know if the ALP set is a full 101 set or just the alp keys ?

07 Apr 2015, 18:38

I can check when I get home - but from memory the APL set is the full 101 set.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

09 Apr 2015, 14:17

I need a couple of springs and keys if you're still doing it :(

davkol

09 Apr 2015, 14:39

Would be interested in some 1.5x keycaps and maybe a Linux modifier set.

acolombo

13 Apr 2015, 00:35

I'm totally in for a bunch of keycaps and a set of blanks

vsev

13 Apr 2015, 08:56

In too for a bunch of caps, few stabs and maybe some pivot plate&spring assembly if there's any pace left in your father chrismas hood !

LLRnR
\m/

13 Apr 2015, 09:39

I would be in for a full blank key cap set, about 40 separate keys, a space bar, a couple of stabilizers and about 100 pivot plate/spring assemblies. Do you think you could fit that it your luggage?

hammelgammler
Vintage

13 Apr 2015, 09:42

Yeah i would be in for one or two sets of blank keycaps and maybe some colored extra ones. :)
Would be nice if it's still possible.

Muirium
µ

16 Apr 2015, 01:14

Okay, now is a good time to get this started. I want to order in a few days.

I've got enough luggage space to cram a good few caps. And anything that doesn't fit I can proxy over in the mail, with an appropriate declaration. Vsev has a nice big load of caps in mind, so there will likely be a box going to France in any case. We have options!

So, I'll go through people's existing orders, PMing you for confirmation. Then I'll invoice you guys so I can afford to place the order! I'll split US domestic shipping between all of us of course. Subsequent shipping will be billed separately, but should cost £4 for anything small enough for a bubble mailer.

Anyone else wanting in: PM me. I need to get this all done before I pack and fly.

elRetto

16 Apr 2015, 01:29

awesome, thanks

andrewjoy

16 Apr 2015, 01:31

can i add 2 red esc to my order please :)

Return to “Group buys”