GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

15 Mar 2016, 15:21

That's why I will not join the GMK WoB Icon mods or any other GB's anymore. Why should I give my money to a complete stranger ? Did that and this is what I get ...

scottc

15 Mar 2016, 16:04

Yep, completely agree DanielT. I'll only ever enter GBs done by people that I personally trust or commercial companies that I can cause shit for if they don't deliver (via PayPal or whatever). It's sad but nothing much else that we can do.

DanielT

15 Mar 2016, 16:12

From now on I will buy only stuff on stock, no pre-order and trust me you will get it shit :lol:

photekq
Cherry Picker

15 Mar 2016, 17:33

This is a big one. Ivan has always been seen as a trusted GB runner. Perhaps even the most trusted GB runner along with elton (on GH) and a few others. I'm sure that his betrayal will dissuade a large number of people from ever partaking in another GB.

ohaimark
Kingpin

15 Mar 2016, 17:37

-slow clap- Guess the GBs will go to... Massdrop! Wonderful.

DanielT

15 Mar 2016, 18:00

MD looks way better now... I'd rather pay taxes and have to deal with their fuckups instead of trusting an individual and loosing all my money.

Prelim

15 Mar 2016, 18:22

I think this is the reflection of the awful evolution on the "mechanical scene" also induced by the gaming keyboard fashion. Few years ago I think there were much more community and everybody helped each other a lot in mini-GBs, large GH buys etc... nowadays it's each for their own, skyrocketing prices, etc.

Honestly this makes me a bit sad and will be the main reason if I leave this hobby in the future... :/
Last edited by Prelim on 15 Mar 2016, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

kokokoy

15 Mar 2016, 18:24

Its either MD, stock from a retail or classifieds going forward for me. Besides the monetary factor, this hurts a little bit more since I always felt this was ran as a "community" and led by a trusted member.

DanielT

15 Mar 2016, 19:20

Prelim wrote: I think this is the reflection of the awful evolution on the "mechanical scene" also induced by the gaming keyboard fashion. Few years ago I think there were much more community and everybody helped each other a lot in mini-GBs, large GH buys etc... nowadays it's each for their own, skyrocketing prices, etc.

Honestly this makes me a bit sad and will be the main reason if I leave this hobby in the future... :/
You are right, I feel the same ... You see this in the madness with artisan caps and things like that, it's more and more about the money and less about fun. But there are still nice people who make this hobby fun :)

timerwin63

26 Mar 2016, 12:58

People on GH have found out that Paypal might be able to go through with a dispute if they get enough complaints about it. Fact of the matter is Ivan went off the grid and a lot of people lost a lot of money.

tlt

26 Mar 2016, 18:22

I'm disappointed in Ivan, filed a complaint but I don't think anything will happen.
Last edited by tlt on 27 Mar 2016, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

kekstee

27 Mar 2016, 14:51

Wonder what happened to Ivan. I don't think he ever planned on scamming people. Last thing I got from him was the PBT set which had a huge delay already.

photekq
Cherry Picker

27 Mar 2016, 15:00

kekstee wrote: I don't think he ever planned on scamming people.
I find that hard to believe considering the fact that he never even payed the manufacturers for three group buys, and continued to pretend that things were moving forward.

Khers

27 Mar 2016, 17:19

I agree with photekq; running three GBs in parallel and not paying either manufacturer is indeed rather suspicious and makes me think it was his intention from the off.

I didn't participate in this GB, but I was very close. Today, I'm glad I was put off by the Spanish sub-legends as it means I only lost the money I put into the black PBT GB...

Anyway, the actions of Ivan has killed any interest in member-run GBs for me. Like many others have stated, I will only buy what's readily available from now on and hope that the GBs I'm currently involved in will deliver.

Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Fuck Ivan.

Return to “Group buys”