Cherry G80-3422LAMIT *NIB* | MX Blacks and weird Keycaps

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

17 May 2015, 14:39

Paid, thank you!

While it might be a bit early to ask: Andy and Mu, are you interested in group shipping?

Muirium
µ

17 May 2015, 15:36

Maybe, depends on Kbdfr. He might have a little something else for me.

http://deskthority.net/other-external-f ... ml#p230496

t!ng
Awake Sheep

18 May 2015, 16:07

Bottom row would be off, right?

acolombo

18 May 2015, 19:09

Since we are not registering that much "new" interest, whenever I will receive all the payments of the people I PMmed yesterday I think I could pay the seller, and not wait till Thursday, If everyone is okay with it ;) I'm still waiting for just 3 payments.

This way I could receive the keyboards by this week and not the next one and the process would speed up a bit.

malcomkern

18 May 2015, 20:41

Fine with me, although I am not in a hurry :D

acolombo

21 May 2015, 13:24

Last day for new orders! I'm still waiting for the last payments, but I'll contact the interested people by PM ;)

acolombo

21 May 2015, 18:24

Guys I paid for the keyboards, we are 13 and the keyboards sold are 14! The price we achieved is 15€ per keyboard.

If someone wants to add to the party you can still make an order and pay until tomorrow, as the keyboards will be shipped tomorrow afternoon form the seller and I already told him we could have a few latecomers.

We have had a little problem with the shipping for Germany, Netherlands and United Kingdom, so I PMmed everyone from there. The quotes I made for the shipping are gonna raise from tomorrow because the courier is going to change its rates, so I'm looking for other couriers, but hopefully everyone can reply me by today...

beltet

21 May 2015, 21:32

Sent PM

malcomkern

21 May 2015, 21:45

Send PM. Paid for boards, shipping and GB fee.
Thanks.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

21 May 2015, 21:51

PM'd and paid. Thanks acolombo :)

acolombo

22 May 2015, 01:33

Orders definetively CLOSED! We have had other 2 latecomers, so now I have to ship to 15 people of the community!

The keyboards should be here this Monday hopefully, and I'll start a few days later to ship them to you.

If someone still want to buy one of these keyboards contact me, I'll register your interest and if we reach more than 8 people we could do this again, as the seller still has a lot of them.

Muirium
µ

25 May 2015, 16:56

Anyone just take the caps? I'm interested in a naked board…

…especially if we can UK proxy these.

acolombo

26 May 2015, 19:42

Some news: I payd the seller last Friday, we chatted on the weekend and then I got a bit scared after he didn't reply to my messages yesterday and today. Fortunately now he told me that the address he wrote down was not correct and from tomorrow the keyboards will be again on their way to me. So I really hope he said the truth and everything will go as it should, but if there will be any more problems he's just 1½ hours away from me, and I have many "big" friends.

I just wanted to update you as I told many of you that I would have shipped their keyboard this Thursday, but it will probably be Friday or even the next week (2nd of June is national holiday here) as I have to pack all of them singularly once they arrive here, and they should have been already arrived here today.

acolombo

28 May 2015, 13:23

Image Keyboards arrived right now! Shipping will start next week ;)

Nuum

28 May 2015, 13:27

Nice!

Muirium
µ

28 May 2015, 13:29

Boxes always generate excitement!

beltet

31 May 2015, 01:38

Muirium wrote: Boxes always generate excitement!
It's weird, but true!

andrewjoy

31 May 2015, 03:14

awsome!

time to steal the caps , put some shitty laser caps on it and send it to a friend ( he did not want the WYSE PCE i got him , that asshole! )

malcomkern

01 Jun 2015, 19:25

acolombo, did you have the time to send them out already? If not, no worries :mrgreen:

acolombo

01 Jun 2015, 19:35

malcomkern wrote:acolombo, did you have the time to send them out already? If not, no worries :mrgreen:
As tomorrow is national holiday in Italy today most working places are doing a long weekend, so I physically couldn't ship them ;) they will all go this Thursday, as I've already paid for all the shippings and ordered to the courier to pick them up that day, as I also have to pack them in the meantime...

Actually I'm currently mid way in the process of packing and writing the addresses on the boxes Image a bit more work of what I thought, but that's okay ;)

malcomkern

01 Jun 2015, 19:53

Great news, thanks for doing al that work. have a nice republic day tomorrow.

andrewjoy

01 Jun 2015, 20:08

cool! now i just need a set of normal caps for it :P preferably cheap ones :D

gogusrl

02 Jun 2015, 11:39

Do these have NKRO ? if the answer is yes, are there any left ? I know I'm super late to the party but it doesn't hurt to ask.

acolombo

02 Jun 2015, 11:53

gogusrl wrote:Do these have NKRO ? if the answer is yes, are there any left ? I know I'm super late to the party but it doesn't hurt to ask.
I can't test right now as I don't have a DIN to PS2 adapter. Would directly changing the cable with a PS2 one work?

Anyway except unexpected changes there aren't any left, but I'll register your interest and if we reach at least 8 or 9 people again we may have another round

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2015, 12:04

I might let you have one of the 2 that I ordered, Gogusrl. Depends whether Acolombo's packed them yet.

The wiki doesn't say whether the [wiki]G80-3000[/wiki] series is NKRO, but 002 chopped one into a TKL and the PCB looks NKRO to me. Check out the diodes: 4 pins per switch.

http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/g80- ... t8486.html

My guess is these are NKRO. And yes, you can verify that by plugging into PS/2 directly.

gogusrl

02 Jun 2015, 12:06

That would be awesome, I wanna move my non-nkro g80-1800 to work and buy a standard 3000 for home. keep me updated please.

Nuum

02 Jun 2015, 12:12

G80-3000s usually don't have NKRO, what you can see on 002's 3000 are just jumper wires, I think. You can see them trough the LED holes: http://i.imgur.com/6jYVaBs.jpg

These might have NKRO as they are 34XX versions.

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2015, 12:14

Oh right, I stand corrected!

Is it possible to replace jumper wires with actual diodes and achieve NKRO by hand?

beltet

02 Jun 2015, 22:00

Muirium wrote: Oh right, I stand corrected!

Is it possible to replace jumper wires with actual diodes and achieve NKRO by hand?
Dosen't the controller need firmware that support NKRO aswell? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

acolombo

02 Jun 2015, 22:44

This the one I got without keycaps for me. I harvested some caps from a Chicony with Miniature switches (I'd still need a bottom row and an off-centre caps lock to make it look complete). Also I finally managed to hook up a PS2 cable after breaking one of the pcb soldering pads for the cable itself. It happens sometimes when I do similar works, the pad comes off the pcb (fortunately it's not a big deal this time, as I'm gonna make it tenkeyless), am I doing something wrong during soldering probably? Maybe I need to use flush?

Now to the actual reason of the post. It's anything like NKRO, worst case scenario is 2KRO but mostly 4KRO...
Last edited by acolombo on 02 Jun 2015, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Group buys”