PHANTOM Plates (Shipped)

chzel

30 May 2015, 15:38

Sorry guys, nothing on that front yet!
Acanthophis what layout do you need for the 60%?

MrMen

30 May 2015, 17:31

I participated to the IC, but seeing your HHKB style 60% I'm more interested in it. Do you plan to release it ?

chzel

30 May 2015, 17:58

Perhaps, I need to have the final numbers first and talk with the machine shop to see what they say, we might be able to squeeze a couple of one piece designs.
Mind you, I already have only one order each for ISO125 in steel and ISO150 in alu.
I really don't want to promise anything before I have a chance to validate it with the shop!

Nuum

30 May 2015, 18:20

Is it a problem that we have only one ISO150 in alu (presumably my order)? I'd really prefer aluminium, but if it is a problem I can take a steel one as well.

chzel

30 May 2015, 18:22

It is indeed your order, but don't worry yet!
Hopefully Tuesday I'll meet with the shop to discuss, and whatever problem comes up, we'll deal with it!

scottc

30 May 2015, 20:16

I'm surprised at the interest level vs. the IC. Have you tried PMing people directly? I remember a few people joined to post in that thread so they're probably not checking DT.

chzel

30 May 2015, 20:27

I sent out a mass PM on Thursday to the people that where on the IC and hadn't participated yet, but very few answered!
I was expecting more orders as well, but I guess enough time passed that people either forgot about the IC or got their plate elsewhere!

Acanthophis

30 May 2015, 20:49

I'm on mobile right now, but yeah, if I find the time tomorrow I'll post my design including the DFX file if needed.

meow a cat

31 May 2015, 03:28

scottc wrote: I'm surprised at the interest level vs. the IC. Have you tried PMing people directly? I remember a few people joined to post in that thread so they're probably not checking DT.
You could try posting a GB thread over at Geekhack. I think GH is largely unaware that this GB is going on.

hargon

31 May 2015, 12:10

Thanks very much for the effort you are putting into this.

Depending on the outcome of your talk to the manufacturer I may take either two aluminum ISO150 plates or a 60% design. I would postpone the actual decision and order until then, if that is OK with you.

MichaelBrock

03 Jun 2015, 06:01

meow a cat wrote:
scottc wrote: I'm surprised at the interest level vs. the IC. Have you tried PMing people directly? I remember a few people joined to post in that thread so they're probably not checking DT.
You could try posting a GB thread over at Geekhack. I think GH is largely unaware that this GB is going on.
I'm one of those that was unaware that this was happening! Spending too much time at Geekhack & r/mk. I'll have to redistribute my keyboard forum time.

chzel

03 Jun 2015, 06:26

MichaelBrock wrote: I'm one of those that was unaware that this was happening! Spending too much time at Geekhack & r/mk. I'll have to redistribute my keyboard forum time.
It's not too late to order!

Guys I'm sorry, I didn't get a chance to talk to the shop yesterday, I hope I will today.

MichaelBrock

03 Jun 2015, 06:54

chzel wrote:
MichaelBrock wrote: I'm one of those that was unaware that this was happening! Spending too much time at Geekhack & r/mk. I'll have to redistribute my keyboard forum time.
PM sent! Now I need to find some MX Clears.

Thanks!

Michael

TBastiani

03 Jun 2015, 15:39

MichaelBrock wrote:
chzel wrote:

Thanks!

Michael
I need some too. If you find any place better (cheaper?) than Gon's keyboards, please tell me about it! :-)

chzel

03 Jun 2015, 15:42

Well we do have our resident switch master, so if you are not in a terrible hurry, he's the man to go to!
Buried under tons of caps, but he's the man!

Jersern

04 Jun 2015, 04:14

I missed the deadline for orders but are you still taking them?

dR.Ugz

04 Jun 2015, 06:10

MichaelBrock wrote:
chzel wrote:

Thanks!

Michael
i just found this guy over on GeekHack, selling switches, stabs, stab wires, switch springs, and stuff. dont know if he has Clears, the GH post lists them but the order page doesn't. 90 switches for $45(USD)

oops guess you need the link! LOL
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55 ... msg1258674

dR.Ugz

04 Jun 2015, 06:15

hey Chzel, if you had to guess, when do you think these will be going out? and how many people joined in?
just curious is all....and impatient! lol but i'll be good!

Now all we have to do is play the worst game in the world......the waiting game -_- LAWL

thnx for doing this for us though!!

hargon

04 Jun 2015, 10:14

Should we still keep our hopes up for 60%? ;)

meow a cat

06 Jun 2015, 18:49

Any updates Chzel? Really want a Phantom plate! Already ordered a few pieces for the build. :)

chzel

06 Jun 2015, 19:49

Sorry for not updating, but I really had nothing to update...
Last week was a bit of a mess, work, appointments not happening, work, chaos, world domination, etc.
Also a few orders came in after the 31st, so I silently let it open a bit more.
I have ~35 plates on order, mostly steel, from 22 people.
Bad news is no 60% this time, we'll have to do it another time.

I'll stop taking orders tomorrow and start invoicing, so keep an eye on your Paypal.
I'll have a few extra plates made in steel (2-3 ANSI125, 1 each ANSI150, ISO125, ISO150, I can't afford more right now) that will be up for sale after the GB finishes (possibly at a slightly higher price)

I'll give the shop the go ahead on Monday, so we shouldn't be too far off schedule (but please don't take too long with payment, I'd like to have the payments done within the week :oops:)

Thanks!

meow a cat

07 Jun 2015, 18:40

chzel wrote: Sorry for not updating, but I really had nothing to update...
Last week was a bit of a mess, work, appointments not happening, work, chaos, world domination, etc.
Also a few orders came in after the 31st, so I silently let it open a bit more.
I have ~35 plates on order, mostly steel, from 22 people.
Bad news is no 60% this time, we'll have to do it another time.

I'll stop taking orders tomorrow and start invoicing, so keep an eye on your Paypal.
I'll have a few extra plates made in steel (2-3 ANSI125, 1 each ANSI150, ISO125, ISO150, I can't afford more right now) that will be up for sale after the GB finishes (possibly at a slightly higher price)

I'll give the shop the go ahead on Monday, so we shouldn't be too far off schedule (but please don't take too long with payment, I'd like to have the payments done within the week :oops:)

Thanks!
Thanks for the update and all of the hard work you're putting into this!

I'll keep a sharp eye on my PayPal. :D

lucaslink

08 Jun 2015, 04:31

MichaelBrock wrote:
meow a cat wrote:
I'm one of those that was unaware that this was happening! Spending too much time at Geekhack & r/mk. I'll have to redistribute my keyboard forum time.
also one of these fellows and missed out entirely. next time!

meow a cat

08 Jun 2015, 06:18

Chzel mentioned he would be buying a bunch of extras for sale afterwards, so watch really closely. Set the thread to give you e-mail notifications. :D

chzel

08 Jun 2015, 06:57

Yes, orders are closed, but there will be a few extras.

chzel

08 Jun 2015, 20:42

All invoices are out!

If anyone didn't get theirs, contact me.

chzel

08 Jun 2015, 21:06

Just a clarification, the postal addresses from Paypal will be ignored, don't worry if they are wrong.
I'll ship to the ones you sent me over PM.

Daniel

08 Jun 2015, 22:41

Just paid!

lucaslink

08 Jun 2015, 22:53

chzel wrote: Just a clarification, the postal addresses from Paypal will be ignored, don't worry if they are wrong.
I'll ship to the ones you sent me over PM.
If anyone neglects to pay for their ansi in ss or alu and your left holding the bag, lemme know as I'd be happy to jump in.

chzel

08 Jun 2015, 23:01

Thanks! I really appreciate the fast payments guys!

Return to “Group buys”