PBT Topre Spacebars — Ends June 4

Muirium
µ

31 May 2015, 14:52

For anyone who's still in the dark: get your matching PBT spacebar for your Topre boards while the GB lasts. Details here:

http://deskthority.net/post231339.html#p231339

(It was a long thread, and the GB link is buried in the middle. So instead of moving it to marketplace, I'm posting this notice here. Don't want anyone missing out.)

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

31 May 2015, 14:59

Placed my order already, I'llhave to see how it will go with MD but I just couldn't miss this one :)
I don't care much about custom caps on HHKB but PBT spacebar is a must !

Muirium
µ

31 May 2015, 15:03

Yeah, I've my doubts about MD, too. But this is a must have for Topre owners. Spread the word!

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

31 May 2015, 16:10

Anyone in the NL wanna jump on my order, let me know!

Nuum

03 Jun 2015, 11:57

I'm in for all four, even though I don't own a Topre keyboard yet. But I know I would be sad to have missed these when I finally get one and even if I don't like it I should be able to sell those without taking a loss.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Jun 2015, 12:08

Last day.

just saying

hasu

04 Jun 2015, 07:42

Ordered in the last day :D

My space bars have any problem after a decade so I don't need PBT space virtually.
Yeah, I don't need ... but I changed mind finally.

Topre Enthusiast

04 Jun 2015, 07:53

No shine on your ABS spacebar(s), hasu?

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

04 Jun 2015, 10:46

Ordered 16 space bars yesterday evening!
Spoiler:
But only 3 for myself. :oops:

photekq
Cherry Picker

04 Jun 2015, 10:56

Ordered! :mrgreen:

Khers

04 Jun 2015, 11:07

I've never had any issue with shine on my ABS-spacebars either. Despite daily use... Guess I have soft skin or whatnot. Ordered some PBT-goodness anyway!

Muirium
µ

04 Jun 2015, 12:45

Oddly enough, I think it's the other way around. I have soft porous skin (I stay wet from showers like you wouldn't believe) and I shine ABS real quick. Rubberised surfaces too. In fact there are big dents the shape of my fingers on my solid rubber handlebar grips. I also wear the finish off tables! I dread what will happen to my HHKB… so yeah you bet I joined!

One advantage I have is hardcore tolerance to extreme cold. I'm built for short sleeves on Scottish nights. Or for sniper duties in a northern war. Which most Scots really aren't. Definitely a bit Viking.

hasu

04 Jun 2015, 12:52

No shine and no dent.
But I found they are a little yellowed when compared with new one. Cases are a lot yellowed though.

2010 pro2, 2003 pro, 2004 pro and way old AEK.
002 wrote: No shine on your ABS spacebar(s), hasu?

Muirium
µ

04 Jun 2015, 13:36

Not bad. The board with Apple caps is much worse for wear. ASFD: ha! I see what you did there.

Khers

04 Jun 2015, 14:25

Muirium wrote: Oddly enough, I think it's the other way around. I have soft porous skin (I stay wet from showers like you wouldn't believe) and I shine ABS real quick. Rubberised surfaces too. In fact there are big dents the shape of my fingers on my solid rubber handlebar grips. I also wear the finish off tables! I dread what will happen to my HHKB… so yeah you bet I joined!

One advantage I have is hardcore tolerance to extreme cold. I'm built for short sleeves on Scottish nights. Or for sniper duties in a northern war. Which most Scots really aren't. Definitely a bit Viking.
I have an extreme intolerance to cold weather, despite living where I do. Maybe we're onto something here...

matt3o
-[°_°]-

04 Jun 2015, 14:31

hasu wrote: No shine and no dent.
But I found they are a little yellowed when compared with new one. Cases are a lot yellowed though.

2010 pro2, 2003 pro, 2004 pro and way old AEK.
002 wrote: No shine on your ABS spacebar(s), hasu?
this is unnatural :) I knew you were not human Hasu :) In the best possible way

Muirium
µ

04 Jun 2015, 14:31

AEK 60%?
Khers wrote:
Muirium wrote: Oddly enough, I think it's the other way around. I have soft porous skin (I stay wet from showers like you wouldn't believe) and I shine ABS real quick. Rubberised surfaces too. In fact there are big dents the shape of my fingers on my solid rubber handlebar grips. I also wear the finish off tables! I dread what will happen to my HHKB… so yeah you bet I joined!

I have an extreme intolerance to cold weather, despite living where I do. Maybe we're onto something here...

So, tell me about your upholstery?

HzFaq

04 Jun 2015, 14:43

Muirium wrote: ASFD: ha! I see what you did there.
That's a really good idea...I'm going to have to borrow it.

Zensuji.

05 Jun 2015, 16:23

So when's this ending. I put in yesterday so hopefully made it!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Jun 2015, 16:27

it ended already :)

Zensuji.

05 Jun 2015, 20:20

Ahh may of missed it then. Oh well. 8-)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Jun 2015, 20:02

first (pre)production shot!

they are real! :)

Muirium
µ

07 Jun 2015, 20:37

<Sound of maniacal cackling.>

I'm ready to test a few when you are!

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

07 Jun 2015, 20:44

I'm also. :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Jun 2015, 15:13

I finally got the pre-production spacebars in all colors. Unfortunately they do not meet my (very high) quality standard and I'll be asking to make more modifications. I don't know how much this will impact on delivery time, but I believe it will be worth the wait.

Topre Enthusiast

11 Jun 2015, 15:16

Glad you are doing the quality assurance, Matt :)
Are your remaining modification requests of a cosmetic or functional nature?

Muirium
µ

11 Jun 2015, 15:16

You're the boss. Which is a good thing. Those of us fussy enough to use Topre really want these done right.

What's needing improved: the fit, the finish, or the colours?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Jun 2015, 15:44

Modifications are both cosmetic (color match) and functional (the stabs don't fit as well as I would expect). Unfortunately the margin of error is in the 0.5mm range and everything must perfect.

The good news is that all samples are incredibly straight, with no sign of warping, which is surprising for PBT. I'll post pictures later.

cinnamoncider

11 Jun 2015, 17:11

matt3o wrote: The good news is that all samples are incredibly straight, with no sign of warping, which is surprising for PBT.
Take that, Topre and PFU! :lol:

scottc

15 Jul 2015, 13:26

Any news on these guys?

Return to “Group buys”