[IC] Brown ISO Enter for SA True Retro

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

22 Jun 2015, 17:33

European keyboarders facetsesame and flamf from GH have teamed up to offer the chance to buy a matching brown ISO enter keys to go with SA True Retro!

Only a lime ISO enter was available in the CtrlAlt buy, so this is your first chance to get this key to complete your set for ISO.

This will be a very limited offer, with a maximum of 25 keys manufactured.

The maximum price will be around US $9.50 each excluding shipping, but this could be reduced if someone in the US can help with shipping and we gather enough interest.

If you can help, or you'd just like some keys, let us know!

facetsesame & flamf

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

22 Jun 2015, 17:35

To whet your appetite, here's the DCS brown key from DSA Retro, beside a SA key:
01_1600.jpg
01_1600.jpg (316.19 KiB) Viewed 4800 times
02_1600.jpg
02_1600.jpg (340.65 KiB) Viewed 4800 times

Muirium
µ

22 Jun 2015, 17:38

Doubleshot or engraved?

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

22 Jun 2015, 17:41

Muirium wrote: Doubleshot or engraved?
Doubleshot, just like the original and the rest of the set.

The spec in full:

Code: Select all

Family: SA
Row: 3
Size: standard ISO enter key
Mount: Cherry MX
Material: ABS
Key color: TBN
Legend color: WCK
Legend type: two shot molded, standard Gorton text
Legend text: RETURN

scottc

22 Jun 2015, 17:48

Hmm, I might be interested too. Not sure yet, need to figure out what boards this might fit on!

SL89

22 Jun 2015, 17:57

I don't need ISO, but its great someone is making this.

Muirium
µ

22 Jun 2015, 18:05

Thanks for this, Facet. I'm not sure if I have a use for it myself, as I missed SA Retro, but ISO support is always good news.

Here's WCK and WFK (Round 5's white) compared:

WCK's more cream. Obvious on flat plastic, but more subtle a difference given this is just the legend we're talking about.

Also: will the legend alignment will be on the top row of the cap, as it is on Round 5's doubleshot ISO Returns?

7bit fixed that since Round 4 SPH, which had it centred on the whole cap body, between rows.

tootallforthis

22 Jun 2015, 21:36

Maybe you can enlighten me, but I don't see the point in limiting the number of keys that can be purchased to 25.

beltet

22 Jun 2015, 22:36

ill take one.

flamf

23 Jun 2015, 12:21

tootallforthis wrote: Maybe you can enlighten me, but I don't see the point in limiting the number of keys that can be purchased to 25.
Perhaps ;) And no, we do not have a point to this and there is no actual limit, but since we're having these made at SP, the manufacturer of SA Retro, we have to respect their production tiers. And being as it were with less than 50 ISO kits ordered total, and many more going the Burgundy colour style, it would exceedingly surprising to see interest in say 50 Brown SA Enter caps.

Muirium
µ

23 Jun 2015, 13:42

Tiers? They'd prefer to make 25, for instance, than 28? Or is it just the unit price that changes sharply at 25 then 50?

Madhias
BS TORPE

23 Jun 2015, 21:34

Oh Muirium, that pictures with that red RETURN cap makes me... I don't have the right words in English language for it!

Muirium
µ

23 Jun 2015, 21:42

<Cackle>

Yeah, I like that one too. Moody light, wide aperture, deep red.

scottc

23 Jun 2015, 21:52

Fark it, I might as well!

Madhias
BS TORPE

23 Jun 2015, 22:15

But my first impression was right: that red is a perfect shade of red, not too dark, full, but definitely not a 'normal' bright red. Well chosen!

Muirium
µ

23 Jun 2015, 23:00

Thanks. I liked RAS the first moment I saw SP's sample ring. And fortunately, it was indeed the authentic closest match available to us for the original Honeywell red. It's a fantastic shade. Like a good lipstick, or a tasty cherry. Compared to simple base red: RA.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

06 Sep 2015, 00:31

This buy will be going live soon! We have an expected production date of 19th October.

Stay tuned!

SL89

06 Sep 2015, 00:47

Do you still need someone in the US to help with shipping, and if so, what help do you need.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

06 Sep 2015, 00:58

Hi SL89!

Thanks for your concern. We've been working behind the scenes on this one ;)

Shipping and payment collection will be handled by thelectronicnub of MX lock fame. An order form will be available soon.

SL89

06 Sep 2015, 01:09

Roger that, just wanted to help. Good luck with this project!

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

07 Sep 2015, 20:21

Thank you sir, very much appreciated!

We'll be open for orders in very soon, just a few hours now...

thelectronicnub

22 Oct 2015, 02:24

all invoices have been sent out, any paid orders will be shipped out as soon as i receive the keys. please note that we are not responsible for lost or damaged keys, however we will help out to the extent that we can

thelectronicnub

10 Nov 2015, 01:02

for those of you who would like replacements, please fill out this form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13Ejrna ... eKQ34P67M/

Return to “Group buys”