F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

Chalba

16 Sep 2018, 18:40

That is crazy, ALL the springs in one box. Don't lose that box.

darkcruix

19 Sep 2018, 13:59

Whenever you have a dye-sub sample, please let us know. I am so curious to see even the first tries :)

Ellipse

20 Sep 2018, 00:10

Production finished on the keys!

Now assembly, dye sub, and packaging are the only remaining steps (the springs finished last week).
Finished keys (1).jpg
Finished keys (1).jpg (55.87 KiB) Viewed 8510 times
Finished keys (2).jpg
Finished keys (2).jpg (86.19 KiB) Viewed 8510 times
Finished keys (3).jpg
Finished keys (3).jpg (193.69 KiB) Viewed 8510 times
Finished keys (4).jpg
Finished keys (4).jpg (174.04 KiB) Viewed 8510 times
Finished keys (5).jpg
Finished keys (5).jpg (40.41 KiB) Viewed 8510 times
Finished keys (6).jpg
Finished keys (6).jpg (73.33 KiB) Viewed 8510 times
Finished keys (7).jpg
Finished keys (7).jpg (93.22 KiB) Viewed 8510 times

inyourgroove

20 Sep 2018, 00:18

Wow that blue looks really nice. Too late to add some blue keys to my order?

Ellipse

20 Sep 2018, 00:20

Anyone please feel free to order add-ons (First Aid Kit, key sets, etc.) and I'll combine the orders.

darkcruix

20 Sep 2018, 00:52

Ohhh - that looks so nice...

mog_genius88

20 Sep 2018, 04:17

How much would it cost to add a blue ESC to my order? How much for a blue Fn (for split right shift)?

Mattr567

20 Sep 2018, 04:26

Ellipse wrote: Now assembly, dye sub, and packaging are the only remaining steps (the springs finished last week).
Holy shit, it actually feels close now :o

Know how long dyesubbing will take? Didn't order any keys :lol:

Ellipse

20 Sep 2018, 04:36

Each key is $4 (4 units of the store item $1 increments).

We still have a few months for assembly, dye sub, and sea mail shipping from China.

mog_genius88

20 Sep 2018, 04:37

Ellipse wrote: Each key is $4 (4 units of the store item $1 increments).

We still have a few months for assembly, dye sub, and sea mail shipping from China.
Will China tariffs have any affect on any of this or are those things completely unrelated?

Elrick

20 Sep 2018, 14:14

mog_genius88 wrote:

Will China tariffs have any affect on any of this or are those things completely unrelated?
Personally not worried since I paid for my F77 years ago under the OLD system.

We will all have to see how this will affect Ellipse and if he'll be forced to pass on the extra costs to the rest of us.

These are very troubling times so ANYTHING can yet still happen.... :?

consolation

20 Sep 2018, 14:39

NZ had an exemption on paying vat under 400$, it gets revoked next month, so I'm going to have to cough up 15%. After all this time, missed it by a couple months, because... life?
Tbh, I'm just happy to see it come together, hard to get annoyed about customs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

FXT
XT

20 Sep 2018, 22:37

Still crossing my fingers on getting my F77 by my birthday in December. I am sure it will be worth the wait and I am glad that you are putting in the effort to ensure it's perfect.

strah

21 Sep 2018, 13:46

Ellipse wrote: Production finished on the keys!
Does that also include the dark grey keycaps or will they be produced at a later date?

Ellipse

22 Sep 2018, 02:57

All finished, but may be sublimated later.

Elrick

22 Sep 2018, 05:19

FXT wrote:

Still crossing my fingers on getting my F77 by my birthday in December. I am sure it will be worth the wait and I am glad that you are putting in the effort to ensure it's perfect.
Relax it's Ellipse's nature.

Have absolute confidence in him to release an EARTH shattering Model-F keyboard, built to last a century of constant usage.

Pity no one else has that Ellipse mentality to go so far in designing and making a keyboard that will outlast most future owners who purchased it.

Bass

22 Sep 2018, 07:43

I know there's a blue set of keycaps available as an add on to match the Industrial SSK color scheme. Would it also be possible to order an entire set of printed blue keycaps? I did see that blue cases are also an option, but I would only really want one of those if I could get a full set of blue keycaps to go with it. I am a big sucker for blue in case anyone else could not already tell :lol: .

Ellipse

22 Sep 2018, 15:21

Yes, please order the extra key set store item and choose blue.

Ellipse

22 Sep 2018, 16:43

Today I will be at the NJ meetup in case anyone wanted to try a Brand New Model F.

The hosting company for the project web site is currently experiencing an outage; the web site is not up and running just yet. They are working on restoring connectivity.

Hypersphere

22 Sep 2018, 18:35

@Ellipse: That recent pic of the great pile of freshly minted keycaps reminded me of Scrooge McDuck's heaps of coins in his money bin. Speaking of heaps of coins, I hope you have taken out an insurance policy on that $0.6M stash of keyboard parts!

y11971alex

24 Sep 2018, 08:48

What's the latest on the Ellipse-F?

Ellipse

25 Sep 2018, 01:13

Alex feel free to check the blog for the production updates. I just posted an update today now that the web host is back up and running.

depletedvespene

25 Sep 2018, 17:02

Given that dyesubbing is the only (non-assembly) process left, I have to wonder about the legends. IF I may ask, are there statistic of national layouts and legends and whatnot asked for in the orders already placed?

US English surely will be the most popular layout, followed by... Deutsch, probably?

... I kinda hope to not be the only git that has asked for a Spanish (Latin America) layout... :?

Luna
Alt255

25 Sep 2018, 17:11

So, production has finished and assembly started. When can we expect the single digit serials to be shipped?

Ludovician

26 Sep 2018, 09:41

depletedvespene wrote: ... I kinda hope to not be the only git that has asked for a Spanish (Latin America) layout... :?
Think of it this way. You'd know for sure you have a unique keycap set.

depletedvespene

26 Sep 2018, 11:53

Ludovician wrote:
depletedvespene wrote: ... I kinda hope to not be the only git that has asked for a Spanish (Latin America) layout... :?
Think of it this way. You'd know for sure you have a unique keycap set.
Well, if that's the case, I'll ask for the Latin American Extended layout instead. Now THAT would be unique! :D

NilesLinus

28 Sep 2018, 05:50

Finally paid my order in full after multiple installments. 2 industrial gray Ellipse F77s coming my way with blue and gray keycap sets for each. Thought I’d sign up over here and wait it out with you guys. Never been so irrationally excited by something in my life.

NilesLinus

28 Sep 2018, 05:59

Does anyone have plans to mod aftermarket beyond the customizations offered by Ellipse? I have a blue braided usb cable to swap out. Pretty tame. Any solenoid or wireless projects gearing up?

NilesLinus

28 Sep 2018, 06:15

Considering this iteration. Too busy?
Attachments
F77.jpg
F77.jpg (23.07 KiB) Viewed 7023 times

Ludovician

28 Sep 2018, 06:21

What would be the best option if I want to get a set of blue mods to go with my (HHKB-layout) f62? Blue HHKB mod kit and add additional individual mod keys via customisations?

Return to “Group buys”