F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

wcass

28 Mar 2019, 17:46

I expect that there will be a secondary market; most likely here, GH, and redit. You could probably go to the forums now and post something like "want to trade 'Ellipse key caps'? ... i order blue, you order dark grey and we trade modifiers"

Zed

28 Mar 2019, 19:24

Here is the current state of the extra keys sets. I think we have managed to include every cap request and even complete Ortholinear and Ergodox support! Comments, questions, complaints and any last minute additions are welcome.
F XT Extra Key Sets v3a.PNG
F XT Extra Key Sets v3a.PNG (68.73 KiB) Viewed 7941 times
F XT Extra Keys v3b2.PNG
F XT Extra Keys v3b2.PNG (33.62 KiB) Viewed 7905 times
F XT Extra Key Sets v3c.PNG
F XT Extra Key Sets v3c.PNG (84.7 KiB) Viewed 7941 times
And a reference pic to show what the missing icons and terminal keys will look like.

https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/wp-cont ... C_6470.jpg

Note: Home and End arrow icons will be like the front print on the 'Rule' key and it's kind of hard to see but the Solenoid volume icon is on the front of the PF24 key (very similar to that used on Beamsprings).

I also worked up some extra keys for the SSK Num Pad set for those who may wish to use both the front print F row and num pad legends.

Edit: Thanks to depletedvespene I added several comma options to the num pad sets.
Last edited by Zed on 28 Mar 2019, 21:03, edited 2 times in total.

depletedvespene

28 Mar 2019, 19:30

Just to be clear on this, orders for those extra keys sets will be with each row as a unified pack, right? Because I can already imagine the nuttiness that would imply an order like "those blue Yes and No keys; one Blue Mopar Esc, the F77 numpad #4 but change the plus key for an = key; three Smite keys (one of them in dark gray, please); (etc.)".

The only exception I can think of are the "extras" and the "novelties" rows... but that could be just me.

Ellipse

29 Mar 2019, 00:00

depleted, to avoid any delays, no layout customization or substitution is available. All the extra keys will ship not installed. Each key can be ordered separately except the HHKB/Mac keys, 1.75U keys, and Industrial SSK 12 key set.

Scottex

29 Mar 2019, 11:09

Ellipse wrote:
depleted, to avoid any delays, no layout customization or substitution is available. All the extra keys will ship not installed. Each key can be ordered separately except the HHKB/Mac keys, 1.75U keys, and Industrial SSK 12 key set.
I am still on time to add a Industrial SSK keycap set to my F77 order?
If so, how do I do it?

Zimyver

29 Mar 2019, 15:10

Scottex wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 11:09
Ellipse wrote:
I am still on time to add a Industrial SSK keycap set to my F77 order?
If so, how do I do it?
https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product ... blue-keys/

Ellipse

29 Mar 2019, 21:11

Yes it is OK to add items to your order. Feel free to place another order and choose free/other shipping (additional keyboard orders require full shipping though for international orders) and the orders will ship together.

Rauha

30 Mar 2019, 08:58

Any update on which non-english ISO layouts will get done?

Ellipse

30 Mar 2019, 14:48

As we wrap things up now is the time to decide on the smaller aspects. Here is a printer font sheet from the dot matrix printer (for the packing slips). Please let me know which font you think would be best.

Rauha, looks like the current layouts people asked for are UK, Danish, Swedish/Finnish, Norwegian, French, German, and 3 people asked for Swiss French, Swiss German, or Latin American Spanish (one each). Hoping for all but not sure if the final three will be made.
Oki Microline Printer Fonts1 - Copy.jpg
Oki Microline Printer Fonts1 - Copy.jpg (838.29 KiB) Viewed 7660 times

tron

30 Mar 2019, 15:08

My vote goes to Utility 10CPI. Thanks for dialing in these small details, I'm looking forward to reading your book about the project.

darkcruix

30 Mar 2019, 15:13

tron wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 15:08
My vote goes to Utility 10CPI. Thanks for dialing in these small details, I'm looking forward to reading your book about the project.
I like both, HSD 10CPI and Utility 10CPI, while I prefer the first one - more retro ;)
I am also looking forward to the book - it will get a nice place in my office...

depletedvespene

30 Mar 2019, 15:52

Ellipse wrote:
As we wrap things up now is the time to decide on the smaller aspects. Here is a printer font sheet from the dot matrix printer (for the packing slips). Please let me know which font you think would be best.
IMNAAHO, Utility 10CPI is the "quintessential" dot matrix font from the days of yore. Yore himself (herself? Who can tell these days?) would approve.

Note, for those young enough to not know, that "NLQ" stands for "Near Letter Quality", and it was a method available in some dot matrix printers that typically made two printing passes, to better emulate what in those days was understood as the "letter quality" that consumer-grade or office-grade impact printers produced.

Ellipse wrote:
Rauha, looks like the current layouts people asked for are UK, Danish, Swedish/Finnish, Norwegian, French, German, and 3 people asked for Swiss French, Swiss German, or Latin American Spanish (one each). Hoping for all but not sure if the final three will be made.
Talk to us about those if it should come to that (everyone, take a wild, wild guess about what I did ask for!).

Rauha

30 Mar 2019, 16:51

HSD 10CPI is the living embodiment of crappy Commodore 64 dot matrix printouts of my childhood.

EDIT: and that was an endorsement.
Last edited by Rauha on 30 Mar 2019, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.

sgtpopwell

30 Mar 2019, 17:20

I prefer NLQ 10CPI as well as Utility 12CPI

PhineasRex

30 Mar 2019, 19:43

Zed wrote:
Here is the current state of the extra keys sets. I think we have managed to include every cap request and even complete Ortholinear and Ergodox support! Comments, questions, complaints and any last minute additions are welcome.

F XT Extra Key Sets v3a.PNG

F XT Extra Keys v3b2.PNG

F XT Extra Key Sets v3c.PNG

And a reference pic to show what the missing icons and terminal keys will look like.

https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/wp-cont ... C_6470.jpg

Note: Home and End arrow icons will be like the front print on the 'Rule' key and it's kind of hard to see but the Solenoid volume icon is on the front of the PF24 key (very similar to that used on Beamsprings).

I also worked up some extra keys for the SSK Num Pad set for those who may wish to use both the front print F row and num pad legends.

Edit: Thanks to depletedvespene I added several comma options to the num pad sets.
I want to add the HHKB Front Print, 2x 1.5U Compose, 2x 1U Super, 2x 1.5U Meta, and 1x 1.5U Hyper keys to my order, how do I go about doing that?

Also, just to clarify, since I ordered the HHKB layout, that will come preinstalled with the HHKB keys shown here, right?

Ellipse

30 Mar 2019, 20:05

Yes HHKB layout will have the HHKB keys preinstalled.

Yes feel free to add keys using the new store item and choose free/other shipping: https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product ... d-keycaps/

depletedvespene

30 Mar 2019, 20:16

So, the list of extra keycaps is finalized? If so, I'm going to start my shopping list right away...

Humanoid

30 Mar 2019, 22:22

Ellipse wrote:
Rauha, looks like the current layouts people asked for are UK, Danish, Swedish/Finnish, Norwegian, French, German, and 3 people asked for Swiss French, Swiss German, or Latin American Spanish (one each).
What about Thai?

mog_genius88

30 Mar 2019, 23:50

Hi Ellipse. A couple questions:

1. I ordered a F62 with HHKB split shift and split backspace. So will my keycaps be blank for the shift and backspace (i.e. I will get a blank 1.75u cap for my right shift)? I will have to order the HHKB set in order to get the correctly printed caps?

2. I ordered an industrial gray F62. Will my keycaps match in color like it does in this picture - https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product ... blue-keys/ - or will I have to pay extra to have my keycaps match?

Ellipse

30 Mar 2019, 23:53

No requests so far for Thai.

mog - 1. HHKB keys are included if you configure your keyboard with HHKB. No blank keycaps are included unless you order the unprinted set (except for 2 1U pebble keys for the bottom row).
2. The blue keys in that photo are not included in any full key set. You'd need to order the Industrial SSK 12 key set.

mog_genius88

30 Mar 2019, 23:56

1. Thank you! I did request the split right shift / backspace layout.

2. Sorry I should've been more clear. I know the IG F62 doesn't come with the blue keys. I wanted to know if the mods will be gray as they are in the picture to match the IG body. I was a bit concerned because the keycaps that come with the beige body model Fs (e.g. https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product ... kishsaver/) doesn't seem like they would match an IG body.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

31 Mar 2019, 00:06

Zed wrote:
Comments, questions, complaints and any last minute additions are welcome.
Great work!

Will the terminal-style delete key have the front-facing symbol? (the one that appears on the delete key in the Unsaver you linked... ISTR it means "delete word")

Would still love to see a "Field Exit [with return symbol above it]" return key, and single piece "Field +" and "Field -" keys :)

constexpr

31 Mar 2019, 00:26

Zed wrote:
Hey, I don't see an 1.5u Alt Gr key in the extras. A couple of us requested it a few dozen pages back, Ellipse confirmed it, and I added one to my order. Could you please include it?

Ellipse

31 Mar 2019, 00:41

mog - the web site photos show a mix of Unicomp and IBM key caps. The production keys are a match to the IBM XT Pebble keys.

daedalus there will not be front printing for the miscellaneous keys. I will try for front printing on the additional full sets (like HHKB and the Print Screen/Sysrq and Pause/Break two key set).

constexpr yes Alt Gr is an available option.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

31 Mar 2019, 00:54

daedalus there will not be front printing for the miscellaneous keys. I will try for front printing on the additional full sets (like HHKB and the Print Screen/Sysrq and Pause/Break two key set).
Understood, thanks

Zed

31 Mar 2019, 01:05

daedalus wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 00:06
Zed wrote:
Comments, questions, complaints and any last minute additions are welcome.
Great work!

Will the terminal-style delete key have the front-facing symbol? (the one that appears on the delete key in the Unsaver you linked... ISTR it means "delete word")

Would still love to see a "Field Exit [with return symbol above it]" return key, and single piece "Field +" and "Field -" keys :)
Thanks! We all should really be thanking Ellipse for being so accommodating with all these additions to his already massive workload.

Could you point me to a pic of the 'Field Exit' w/ return icon? I have only seen this https://i.redd.it/pv488uza9jq01.jpg version. I think 'Field +' and '-' are good ideas and we have the space so with the blessing of Ellipse, I can add them.

Apologies daedalus (and any others) for any confusion re. the front printing on the Terminal set. I think Ellipse and I must have crossed some wires somewhere along the line.

tron

31 Mar 2019, 03:29

I'd love to see these two keys added to the icon pack. Since we have an icon style insert, why not add an icon style "rub out" key and the solenoid toggle key from the IBM 3278. I know a lot of people will be using solenoids in the classic cases :D
Attachments
Rubout_icon.jpg
Rubout_icon.jpg (63.7 KiB) Viewed 7378 times
Solenoid_Toggle.jpg
Solenoid_Toggle.jpg (44.6 KiB) Viewed 7378 times

Ellipse

31 Mar 2019, 04:00

Nice keys tron - those are worth adding! I sent the rub out key to Zed along with some other F122 key legends so it should make it onto the final result.

Zed

31 Mar 2019, 04:22

Way ahead of you guys. They are both already included. I have them labeled as 'Delete Icon' and the 'Solen Vol Icon' in the pics above. I already have good pics of the Model F versions of the Insert and Delete icons but I could use a good pic of the Solenoid (on the front of the F122 PF24 key) since they are slightly different from the beamspring versions.

The render I posted a page or so back of the 'Banker' F77 has the Delete and Insert icons BTW.

tron

31 Mar 2019, 04:48

My bad. I should have looked at the renders a bit closer. It’s better to use the F versions if they have a slightly different style. Unfortunately I don’t have an F122 on hand.

BTW- Thanks for including such cool icons, they really make the board look vintage :ugeek:

Return to “Group buys”