F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

jwegman

02 Jul 2021, 04:33

...well, googling "those who need the last word" is pretty telling...

pveentjer

02 Jul 2021, 04:51

Ellipse wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 00:20
pveentjer thanks for your comments. You must have a really nice computer setup with that kind of budget! Do you go for the more exotic stuff like watercooling or is it more about acquiring various keyboards every few years to add them to your rotation? It seems like an increasing amount of that is due to graphics card prices which have skyrocketed, I guess due to manufacturing delays and the resulting product shortages.
It is a developer work station with slow C++ compilation. Most money is spend on storage/RAM/CPU. Also I can deduct it as a company expense. Apart from that; I don't have a lot of other (expensive) hobbies and I don't mind spending my money where I spend my time.

I do plan, at some point in time, to acquire some additional keyboards like an completely overprice self build one with all the bells and whistles including hot swappable RGB lubricated holy keys, messing plated, gasket mounted, expensive cable (effectively the complete opposite of a f77). I also would not mind owning a Topre based keyboard.

dkarguth

02 Jul 2021, 09:46

jwegman wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 04:33
...well, googling "those who need the last word" is pretty telling...
The irony in this post is overwhelming

MrRobot49

02 Jul 2021, 12:31

After all of the latest drama, the 'please have your orders in by then!' date has been extended by yet another month ... Meanwhile, many of us probably won't get keyboards until 2030 and an_achronism has been bullied behind the scenes via email and refunded for eloquently stating the obvious regardless of how many times/ways it might have been done. If that Model F Keyboards email isn't an example of overt bullying and mob pressure, I don't know what is. This is all shady as hell! :| :| :|
F77 please have your orders in by then 073121.JPG
F77 please have your orders in by then 073121.JPG (43.56 KiB) Viewed 6893 times

Lagomorph

02 Jul 2021, 15:34

pveentjer wrote:
I don't mind spending my money where I spend my time.
I've always felt this way but never had a good way of describing it until now. Thanks. 8-)

Ellipse

02 Jul 2021, 17:40

pveentjer wrote:
Ellipse wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 00:20
pveentjer thanks for your comments. You must have a really nice computer setup with that kind of budget! Do you go for the more exotic stuff like watercooling or is it more about acquiring various keyboards every few years to add them to your rotation? It seems like an increasing amount of that is due to graphics card prices which have skyrocketed, I guess due to manufacturing delays and the resulting product shortages.
It is a developer work station with slow C++ compilation. Most money is spend on storage/RAM/CPU. Also I can deduct it as a company expense. Apart from that; I don't have a lot of other (expensive) hobbies and I don't mind spending my money where I spend my time.

I do plan, at some point in time, to acquire some additional keyboards like an completely overprice self build one with all the bells and whistles including hot swappable RGB lubricated holy keys, messing plated, gasket mounted, expensive cable (effectively the complete opposite of a f77). I also would not mind owning a Topre based keyboard.
Very interesting - I'd imagine a lot of RAM would be ideal :). Back with my system from a couple years ago I thought 16GB would be enough :/ Now even a bunch of open Google chrome tabs take up a good part of that amount!

With permission I am sharing another customer image: Black classic style F62 case, HHKB style split right shift and split backspace, with dark gray printed keys and several blue printed keys. I am really liking the two tone color scheme where before I was more into the one color option for the blue sets and gray sets. I can now see a bit more clearly why so many people have ordered just the blue Enter and Esc keys for their boards or ordered one set in each color.
black case gray keys and blue keys.jpg
black case gray keys and blue keys.jpg (374.47 KiB) Viewed 6793 times
Mr Robot, regarding the shipping timeline, more than 1,200 keyboards have gone out so far, many of which this year now that the sublimated keys are in, and I hope to mail out many more this year and maybe into early next year depending on the amount of QC needed on the boards not yet shipped. The factory is working as quickly as possible to finish up the international key sets and custom keys. They have completed the US keys, blue keys, and gray keys. It has been pretty clear that the deadline is not finalized and that the project policies are no different from what they were years ago. It's no secret that the project has faced delays and timeline extensions - just read the project web site blog going back years. Again to use an old expression we are beating a dead horse here. In how many ways can folks say the same thing? I am fully aware of the arguments against uncertain and constantly delayed timelines by now, having heard them for years.

DMA

02 Jul 2021, 19:26

I definitely seen "I'm not going to change the project this late into it" in Ellipse's comments just yesterday, but failed to make a screenshot and today it's not there and deadline has changed - wihch is definitely a change.
Enigma wrote: Things are changing
But nothing changes
And still there are changes

Le roi est mort, vive le roi!

Wazrach

02 Jul 2021, 20:05

If it's any consolation, I placed an order for an F77 assembly back in mid March but changed it to a full F62 mid-April, including a low serial number with my order. I added parts like extra springs to go in my F77 (currently disassembled) and a true red case for my F62 (just as a backup for when it arrives). I received the shipping notification for everything on the 28th of June. Needless to say, I'm DYING to get my hands on that F62!

Sp33ls

03 Jul 2021, 00:03

troglotype wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 12:39

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Darkcruix is writing (with as much help from me as I can give) documentation to help non-technical users re-program Ellipses' keyboards. If you have some more details on what you did and what exactly failed, I'd be happy to receive them.
I followed the steps verbatim from Ellipse's flashing video. (Btw, I'm no stranger to tech -- ECE major here heh)

I erased the EEPROM prior to each flash. However, the pandrew util doesn't work once VIA is installed, correct? After installing VIA and noticing the incorrect key behavior, I was forced to erase the EEPROM by entering bootloader (FN+Space+R), and then flashing eeprom_eraser.hex

So, I don't think I did anything different. I'll give it a shot with my second F77 board and see if I have the same issue.
However, I didn't receive the blank/Fn keycaps with my beige keycap set. Is this expected? Sorry if I missed that detail somewhere.

Sp33ls

03 Jul 2021, 00:15

Btw, the grey on grey configuration looks pretty sharp. My wife agrees. :)
Attachments
PXL_20210702_220848246.jpg
PXL_20210702_220848246.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 6641 times

Wazrach

03 Jul 2021, 00:51

Wow, that looks so cool!

infundibulum

03 Jul 2021, 01:42

Hi Ellipse, I had a question about changing the layout of my F77. I ordered an ANSI layout F77 this year but would like to change it to an ISO layout when I eventually receive my keyboard.

I understand that I need lock ring pliers along with the ISO keycap and stabilizer. Beyond then having to change key output in QMK/VIA/whichever is easiest at that point, am I missing anything necessary to carry out this process?

mrprofessor

03 Jul 2021, 05:02

Is it possible to get a usb type c controller and cable for an F62?

I see that the compact one's have type c cables.

raoulduke-esq

03 Jul 2021, 06:00

mrprofessor wrote:

I got my F62 a good while ago and it came with the C controller and braided cable.

troglotype

03 Jul 2021, 09:17

Sp33ls wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 00:03

I followed the steps verbatim from Ellipse's flashing video. (Btw, I'm no stranger to tech -- ECE major here heh)

I erased the EEPROM prior to each flash. However, the pandrew util doesn't work once VIA is installed, correct? After installing VIA and noticing the incorrect key behavior, I was forced to erase the EEPROM by entering bootloader (FN+Space+R), and then flashing eeprom_eraser.hex

So, I don't think I did anything different. I'll give it a shot with my second F77 board and see if I have the same issue.
However, I didn't receive the blank/Fn keycaps with my beige keycap set. Is this expected? Sorry if I missed that detail somewhere.
Thank you, that's very helpful information. Yes, you are correct, the pandrew util does not work with VIA installed. The QMK Toolbox with eeprom_eraser.hex works equally well. You might want to try Darkcruix's materials and quick cheat sheet at https://www.bucklingspring.com/via-firmware-and-layout/.

Also, the grey-on-grey configuration looks really cool!

darkcruix

03 Jul 2021, 18:34

Wanted to show off my pure white F77 in the new custom look.
IMG_1556.jpeg
IMG_1556.jpeg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 6387 times

Jan Pospisil

03 Jul 2021, 20:12

I do love the LEDs, I even wish that was an official build option/addon.

Lagomorph

04 Jul 2021, 03:18

Just got my shipping notification. Super excited. Hope to post some pics when they get here.

Thanks Ellipse.

mrprofessor

04 Jul 2021, 07:11

Lagomorph wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 03:18
Just got my shipping notification. Super excited. Hope to post some pics when they get here.

Thanks Ellipse.

When did you order?

Lagomorph

04 Jul 2021, 13:35

mrprofessor wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 07:11
When did you order?
I placed two separate orders. It looks like July 8th & August 30th of 2017.

Wazrach

04 Jul 2021, 18:59

Lagomorph wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 13:35

I placed two separate orders. It looks like July 8th & August 30th of 2017.
Guessing you ordered printed keycaps?

chayu

04 Jul 2021, 20:10

👋 I'm new to the waiting party. I've been looking for the perfect vintage inspired chunky 60% in the custom realm for a while and when Chyrosan22's review mentioned QMK and that a Kishsaver variant was available, I was sold. Can't beat an actual reproduction!

Lagomorph

04 Jul 2021, 21:15

Wazrach wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 18:59
Guessing you ordered printed keycaps?
Both unprinted keycap F62s, but I ordered extra sets of grey keys and some fancy colored cases.

My understanding is that most if not all of that order came over in the 2nd shipment.

mrprofessor

05 Jul 2021, 04:05

raoulduke-esq wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 06:00
mrprofessor wrote:

I got my F62 a good while ago and it came with the C controller and braided cable.
Huh! Is there a documentation somewhere that specifies this? The website only says it's usb interface.

I see that people getting both type-c and micro-usb cables.
Last edited by mrprofessor on 05 Jul 2021, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.

an_achronism

05 Jul 2021, 04:27

mrprofessor wrote:
Huh! Is there a documentation somewhere that specifies this? The website only says it's usb interface.

I am see that people getting both type-c and micro-usb cables.
The cable is randomised, basically: you get whatever you get. If you order extra USB cable, you get same type as the one with the board. But you don't get to pick which cable you want, apparently.

mrprofessor

05 Jul 2021, 21:58

an_achronism wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 04:27
mrprofessor wrote:

I am see that people getting both type-c and micro-usb cables.
The cable is randomised, basically: you get whatever you get. If you order extra USB cable, you get same type as the one with the board. But you don't get to pick which cable you want, apparently.
Well, that's kinda weird. If I were given an option, I would choose a type-c version, which seems more future-proof to me.

an_achronism

05 Jul 2021, 22:53

mrprofessor wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 21:58
Well, that's kinda weird. If I were given an option, I would choose a type-c version, which seems more future-proof to me.
Well exactly, so would just about everybody else though. Which is probably exactly why you don't get to pick, I imagine? Idk.

qowieuryt

06 Jul 2021, 17:00

finally got around to taking a decent picture and reporting back. Been using the F77 as a daily driver and it has been an amazing keyboard to type on and noticeably better than the MX switches i’ve used previously.

seems like i had a relatively smooth process. ordered july 2020 and shipped feb 2021. only oddity was that one spring was completely missing, but had a first aid kit to tap into. VIA installation went smoothly after one tip from the community.
Attachments
150E9B94-AE7A-4EBF-A374-EBF9B4B0848B.jpeg
150E9B94-AE7A-4EBF-A374-EBF9B4B0848B.jpeg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 5669 times

Scarpia

06 Jul 2021, 17:21

What a shitfest this thread became over the last five pages, holy crap. There’s being in the right and then there’s being in the right and being a loud asshat about it. And an_achronism managed to cross that line repeatedly and at top speed, so he and his parrot are now the latest additions to my ignore list. Holy crap, that endless, bitter ranting won’t be missed.

And for what it’s worth, here’s a life pro tip: if you find yourself in a strained financial situation, maybe don’t spend >$400 on an ultra high end keyboard, no matter what the website says. You come off as - at best - an irresponsible fanatic with an axe to grind, and any business with the luxury to do so would be wise to drop you as a customer to avoid this kind of hassle.

Good riddance.

an_achronism

06 Jul 2021, 19:01

Scarpia wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 17:21
What a shitfest this thread became over the last five pages, holy crap. There’s being in the right and then there’s being in the right and being a loud asshat about it. And an_achronism managed to cross that line repeatedly and at top speed, so he and his parrot are now the latest additions to my ignore list. Holy crap, that endless, bitter ranting won’t be missed.

And for what it’s worth, here’s a life pro tip: if you find yourself in a strained financial situation, maybe don’t spend >$400 on an ultra high end keyboard, no matter what the website says. You come off as - at best - an irresponsible fanatic with an axe to grind, and any business with the luxury to do so would be wise to drop you as a customer to avoid this kind of hassle.

Good riddance.
"Being a loud asshat" was literally the point, to try to inform others who might also be misled. Which I have said already.

Here's a life pro tip: don't be a cunt.

Return to “Group buys”