GMK Classic Beige

photekq
Cherry Picker

04 Aug 2015, 23:57

ORDER HERE!

Current order deadline (may be subject to change) : 13/09/15

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE OP & FAQ BEFORE ORDERING OR POSTING QUESTIONS!

Please give a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE thank you to HoffmanMyster over at Geekhack. He is receiving and shipping all NON-EU orders so that you guys avoid 19% VAT. He is making this a lot cheaper for all of you NON-EU buyers. He is one of the very few people I would trust with this.

=====
=====

After many, many months of waiting it’s finally here - the GMK Classic Beige group buy.

All keys are doubleshot ABS, with the exception of blank keys and a certain few other keys (listed on the website descriptions of the individual sets).

When designing this set I aimed to make it a faithful reproduction of the original Cherry sets, but with added functionality and some previously unseen popular keys. The legends are identical to the original ANSI sets and full A and B profile bottom rows are provided for winkeyless and winkey layouts respectively. No mismatched profiles!
:mrgreen:

=====
=====

The sets (see the website for list of keys included)

1. Main set [123pcs]

2. Extra set [20pcs]

3. Spacebars

The prices are as follows :

EU/UK ORDERS

Main set - £82.50 - About €117.50
Extra set - £27.50 - About €39.00
Spacebars - £2 each - About €2.85

NON-EU ORDERS

Main set - £72.50 - About $113.00
Extra set - £22.50 - About $35.00
Spacebars - £2 each - About $3.10

Please see FAQ for explanation of price difference between EU/NON-EU orders!

=====
=====

FAQ
  • Q : What is Stripe? Do I need an account to use it? Which countries can I use it from?
    A: Stripe is a payment handling service for credit & debit cards similar to Paypal. It means that no card information is stored on my site, and allows everyone to buy with confidence. You don't need an account (just a precision-buys.com account) and you can use it from ANY country so long as you have a supported card!
  • Q : Can I pay through Paypal?
    A : Not currently. There may be a chance for people to pay via Paypal at a later date if there are many people who cannot pay through Stripe. I encourage everyone to pay through Stripe unless they are quite literally unable to as I believe it to be a much better payment method, especially for group buys. If you absolutely cannot use Stripe (to clarify : "cannot", not "would prefer not to") please send me a PM here or an email through the site with the title "Cannot use Stripe" with no text body. This will help me gauge the number of people who cannot use Stripe.
  • Q : Is your website secure?
    A: Our site is perfectly secure. Checkout is done via SSL and we are PCI compliant, however none of your payment information is stored on our server. All payments go through Stripe, which is absolutely secure. Just as secure as Paypal or any other popular payment method.
  • Q : Why are the sets for EU orders more expensive?
    A : The NON-EU orders will be shipped by HoffmanMyster in the USA. Those sets will be shipped directly to him from GMK, and he will pay little to no import duties on them. The EU orders will be shipped by me in the UK. I will have to pay 19% VAT on these sets, hence the higher price for EU orders. However, since EU orders will be shipped from the UK no import VAT/duties will be paid on them. In the end it works out best for everyone, regardless of location. EU and NON-EU orders all end up cheapest this way.
=====
=====

Disclaimer

Please note that this is a group buy. The items will not be shipped straight away, as they aren’t produced yet. Once the order deadline is reached the sets will be produced and then shipped to us. We will then sort & ship them out as soon as possible! The MOQ is 250 sets. If this is not reached you will be refunded in full.

If the items are lost/damaged in transit we can’t guarantee a replacement. There will be some spare sets, so we will try to replace severely damaged sets, but if the spare sets are depleted I’m afraid not much can be done. We cannot guarantee refunds for lost/damaged sets, since this is a non-profit group buy.

=====
=====

Note for large orders

The shipping is only set for up to a certain number of sets on the website. If you're ordering a large number of sets and the site will not give you a shipping quote please just PM me here or email me through the website. Also, if you are making a fairly large order and have special requests such as tracking & insurance you can contact me too.

=====
=====

Lastly, thank you everyone for your extreme patience. I wanted to make this as perfect as I possibly could, and that required time. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we’ll hit MOQ in no time.

chzel

05 Aug 2015, 00:26

Ahhhh, the hype...At last!
If this doesn't hit MOQ, I don't know what will!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

05 Aug 2015, 00:26

does it have backlighting? :P

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Aug 2015, 00:28

Redmaus wrote: does it have backlighting? :P
:roll:

No.. Thank God for that..

Muirium
µ

05 Aug 2015, 00:36

Schweet! What kits do I need for a G81?

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Aug 2015, 00:37

Muirium wrote: Schweet! What kits do I need for a G81?
Just the main set unless it's ISO! Why on Earth would you want to put this set on a G81 though? :o

chzel

05 Aug 2015, 00:40

For the excellent tactile feel of MY....

Muirium
µ

05 Aug 2015, 00:59

Justice for G81s everywhere! You cruel bastards stripping them naked for their tasty, MX compatible caps!

Also, could you ask GMK when we can expect a dyesub version of this set? I need it for my Realforce.

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Aug 2015, 01:05

Muirium wrote: Also, could you ask GMK when we can expect a dyesub version of this set? I need it for my Realforce.
They don't have the equipment :( They also don't do PBT..

Muirium
µ

05 Aug 2015, 01:10

Yeah, I know. Couldn't they just cosy up with BSP already and make sweet hot Cherry love?

Also, will these mix well with Alps caps, like my AEK?

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Aug 2015, 01:15

Doubtful. Different profiles and all.. :/ Not really intended to be mixed with different sets anyway!

Muirium
µ

05 Aug 2015, 01:28

Okay, I'll stop trolling now. It's all Redmaus' fault!

This looks like a thoughtfully designed set. The way you've scattered the best stuff between main and extras reminds me of Matteo! As does the fact it actually exists. That dark ANSI backslash… that dark backtick/tilde… those row 5 arrow keys…

wlhlm
~

05 Aug 2015, 01:32

What I always wondered - did BSP pick up Cherry's PBT stuff similar to what GMK did with the doubleshot tooling?

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Aug 2015, 01:35

wlhlm wrote: What I always wondered - did BSP pick up Cherry's PBT stuff similar to what GMK did with the doubleshot tooling?
BSP is very similar to Cherry PBTs.. Perfect Cherry profile, very similar font, etc. However, there are some differences..

Different undersides on all keys, fucked up right shift, no spacebar, legends aren't quite the same on some keys, etc.

I would guess no.. they just copied them. Nobody knows for sure.

wlhlm
~

05 Aug 2015, 01:36

Muirium wrote: This looks like a thoughtfully designed set. The way you've scattered the best stuff between main and extras reminds me of Matteo! As does the fact it actually exists. That dark ANSI backslash… that dark backtick/tilde… those row 5 arrow keys…
I find the choice of keys for the extra kit excellent, it allows me to convert the Desko doubleshot set I already have into a HHKB-style 60% layout, without having to drop all the pennies on a full set. Awesome!

pyrelink

05 Aug 2015, 02:25

Damn, I might have to get this. The crazy thing being that I just received my Round 5 order yesterday. This is just so simple, it's perfect!

scottc

05 Aug 2015, 02:51

Shipping to London is £7.50 - seriously? That sounds a bit high...

Edit- NEVERMIND WAT
Royal Mail International Standard "Small Parcel" (International Standard delivery to Ireland : 0.004 lbs.
4+ days to Western Europe,
8+ days to rest of world.) £999.00
USPS First Class International (-) £17.50

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Aug 2015, 13:43

scottc wrote: Shipping to London is £7.50 - seriously? That sounds a bit high...

Edit- NEVERMIND WAT
Royal Mail International Standard "Small Parcel" (International Standard delivery to Ireland : 0.004 lbs.
4+ days to Western Europe,
8+ days to rest of world.) £999.00
USPS First Class International (-) £17.50
:lol:

That £999.00 is not supposed to happen.. Fixing now.

Also, £7.50.. That didn't look right. It seems I was using medium parcel rather than small parcel for UK. I'm an idiot! I will fix that shortly. It will be £5 instead (the boxes and padding cost me £1.50).

SL89

05 Aug 2015, 15:20

Happening!

dyger

05 Aug 2015, 15:31

£6,50 shipping for a single spacebar. I think thats too much for me. Can someone from Germany pick one up for me with his order?

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Aug 2015, 15:38

dyger wrote: £6,50 shipping for a single spacebar. I think thats too much for me. Can someone from Germany pick one up for me with his order?
Sorry about that. I don't want to start shipping things in bubble mailers, especially not long spacebars which are easily snapped. £6.50 is about as cheap as I can do it after the cost of the box and padding.

To be perfectly honest, the spacebars are intended as add-on items or to be ordered in higher numbers.

dyger

05 Aug 2015, 15:57

Yeah that's what I thought, too. But my Cherry Set is only missing a 6.25 spacebar :)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

05 Aug 2015, 17:23

photekq wrote:
Redmaus wrote: does it have backlighting? :P
:roll:

No.. Thank God for that..
:lol:

quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

06 Aug 2015, 02:12

Do I spend fee when I check out via stripe?

Madhias
BS TORPE

06 Aug 2015, 09:18

Somehow the images never really load for me, hosted at http://precision-buys.com/
It was the same at the interest check!

[EDIT]

Code: Select all

It's just you. http://precision-buys.com is up.

photekq
Cherry Picker

06 Aug 2015, 13:17

Hmm.. That's odd.. Here, I've rehosted with imgur :

@quochung

No fees paid :) All fees are included in the cost.

quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

06 Aug 2015, 13:33

Great. This GB is perfect for my Viper :)

beltet

06 Aug 2015, 19:47

I have now ordered a full kit. Hopefully the RGB modpack goes through aswell.

scottc

07 Aug 2015, 07:05

photekq wrote: That £999.00 is not supposed to happen.. Fixing now.

Also, £7.50.. That didn't look right. It seems I was using medium parcel rather than small parcel for UK. I'm an idiot! I will fix that shortly. It will be £5 instead (the boxes and padding cost me £1.50).
Thanks potek :maverick:

Zensuji.

07 Aug 2015, 14:33

So tempted to order this but not a fan of the feel of ABS. I've got a GMK kit that I don't use because of this. But on the other hand its classic beige :lol:

Return to “Group buys”