SA Dasher & SA Dancer keycap sets (Completed)

zslane

27 Nov 2016, 08:32

Yep, the PLANCK kit has a 2u blank to serve as a spacebar.

zslane

28 Nov 2016, 20:34

I submitted a NORDE kit to MassDrop. I don't expect any push-back from them.

Griffy

28 Nov 2016, 22:09

Wow really cool. I posted the link to my post on a Nordic forum in a thread about Nordic caps so there might be even more love in a while.

marijan

05 Dec 2016, 09:33

zslane wrote: So I can report that SA Dasher/Dancer is officially on MassDrop's schedule for December, barring any unforseen changes in their plans. Save up your pennies!
So happy to have seen this post :-)
Subscribed to MD list now.

khongthenhuvay

09 Dec 2016, 12:37

marijan wrote:
zslane wrote: So I can report that SA Dasher/Dancer is officially on MassDrop's schedule for December, barring any unforseen changes in their plans. Save up your pennies!
So happy to have seen this post :-)
Subscribed to MD list now.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dasher-and ... keycap-set

Wodan
ISO Advocate

09 Dec 2016, 13:07

zslane wrote: I submitted a NORDE kit to MassDrop. I don't expect any push-back from them.
Incredible job! I really PRAY both NORDE kits make it. Rest assured I will be backing each with at least one purchase.

zslane

09 Dec 2016, 18:51

I hope Santa brings you tipped NORDE kits, Wodan!

I provided the water, it's now up to you Nordes to drink... :mrgreen:

Griffy

09 Dec 2016, 19:09

This is incredible work!

zslane

11 Dec 2016, 22:33

ErgoDox goodness:
dasher_keyboard_ergodox_01.jpg
dasher_keyboard_ergodox_01.jpg (294.97 KiB) Viewed 17636 times
Last edited by zslane on 12 Dec 2016, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.

Laser
emacs -nw

11 Dec 2016, 22:51

I hope it starts tomorrow :) I have my eyes on a TKL+Speciality+Spacebars Dancer kit. Not much I know :P, and the waiting time will be a pain, but ... that's what I can afford right now.
Last edited by Laser on 11 Dec 2016, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

Phenix
-p

11 Dec 2016, 23:36

I still dont know if I want to spent $$$$$ on trying SA out, as Im quite happy with cherry.
Nevertheless the colors....

Laser
emacs -nw

12 Dec 2016, 15:42

... and it's ON!

LeandreN

12 Dec 2016, 16:02

Taking off already :)

EDIT:

Now, Wodan, which Norde kit do we tip? Dasher or Dancer.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 Dec 2016, 16:13

Someone please hit massdrop in the neck. there's a limit of 5 order positions PER ACCOUNT.
I'Ve got 15 ...

@LeanreN: Yes!
Spoiler:
... means both :)

LeandreN

12 Dec 2016, 16:33

Wodan wrote: Someone please hit massdrop in the neck. there's a limit of 5 order positions PER ACCOUNT.
I'Ve got 15 ...

@LeanreN: Yes!
Spoiler:
... means both :)
Ha, I hope I get a chance to hop on this to help the Norde's make it :)

Laser
emacs -nw

12 Dec 2016, 16:43

Cool, is going over 200 while I'm writing this post :D

Griffy

12 Dec 2016, 17:00

Im in for dasher norde. I kinda like dancer more but i think dasher will be better to actually work on, it feels more pleasing to my eyes.

zslane

12 Dec 2016, 18:54

I think Data General agrees with you... ;)

Griffy

13 Dec 2016, 08:15

So the MOQ is the point 1
Last edited by Griffy on 13 Dec 2016, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.

Griffy

13 Dec 2016, 10:09

And btw what kinda caps are the originals. They look super-sturdy and thick and sooo round.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

13 Dec 2016, 10:32

Going for one "full" set for both colorway. Had to leave out the OS and arrow kits because for some odd reason Massdrop limited the order quantity to 12 positions ... brrr.

If required to make one of the NORDE kits tip, I would consider getting 1-2 more alpha+norde+iso kits for that color way. Just hope both make it.

zslane

13 Dec 2016, 19:05

GriffDeLaGriff wrote: And btw what kinda caps are the originals. They look super-sturdy and thick and sooo round.
Don't know who the manufacturer was, but they were just good old 70s-era tall sphericals. Made back in the golden heyday of tall sphericals.

niomosy

13 Dec 2016, 20:43

In for both base sets + numpad. The XMIT board will likely get one of the sets.

zslane

14 Dec 2016, 18:25

DasherDox (in classic Data General style):
dasher_keyboard_ergodox_03.jpg
dasher_keyboard_ergodox_03.jpg (297.53 KiB) Viewed 17510 times

Laser
emacs -nw

14 Dec 2016, 19:25

Hmm. I went for the Dancer scheme, but, the more I look at the pics, the more I start to like the contrast between font and keycap colors on the Dasher alphas.

zslane

14 Dec 2016, 20:36

One of the things I find striking about the Dasher colorway is how it reverses the expectations for sets today, with alphas that are darker than the modifiers. I have this suspicion that most of Dancer's buyers are folks who rarely if ever question their subconscious expectations, reinforced as they are by cultural norms.

Griffy

14 Dec 2016, 23:35

Maybe. Personally I love the particular blue shade of the light color and there is just so much more of it on the Dancer so yay and the numpad is also a beuty. But I tried to see what would be best to type on since I plan to use it in my office and I sit alot at the keyboard so I felt darker is more soft for the eyes. However I will see how much cheaper it all gets and maybe get the Dancer aswell later on.

Its gonna replace my Lenovo purple-enter board.

zslane

14 Dec 2016, 23:45

I'd be concerned that Dancer NORDE might not tip. Dasher NORDE has a real chance though.

Elrick

15 Dec 2016, 03:52

zslane wrote: One of the things I find striking about the Dasher colorway is how it reverses the expectations for sets today, with alphas that are darker than the modifiers. I have this suspicion that most of Dancer's buyers are folks who rarely if ever question their subconscious expectations, reinforced as they are by cultural norms.
Have to admit I'm addicted to Dasher, simply because it's the first decent lighter coloured modifiers used. We normally go for darker coloured ones but this particularly colour-way is different but absorbing.

When they're finished, shipped and installed I will be gazing upon their greatness for some time to come before I start using them on any keyboard :D .

niomosy

15 Dec 2016, 09:35

zslane wrote: One of the things I find striking about the Dasher colorway is how it reverses the expectations for sets today, with alphas that are darker than the modifiers. I have this suspicion that most of Dancer's buyers are folks who rarely if ever question their subconscious expectations, reinforced as they are by cultural norms.
I might be a special case, then, in that I love the Dancer set a bit more as lighter blues that include a bit of green tend to be my favorite shades of blue - so turquoise and cyan more so than baby blue.

I think in certain cases, darker alpha caps do look better with lighter modifiers. Every time I try to do orange caps with white text for the alphas, the modifiers end up in some lighter color like gray or such.

Return to “Group buys”