UKKeycaps GB #3: GMK Escape Pack (7 keys - £11.40) - PLACING ORDER!

UKKeycaps

10 Feb 2016, 19:53

Anyone interested in GMK Miami?

Prelim

10 Feb 2016, 20:10

maybe, but it should be better to stick with ESC Pack news in this thread don't you think?

for instance, how's the shipping status? Is there any new photos of the received package from GMK?

for a professional seller, I would say this thread have less information than a normal group-buy :( ...well, or I'm just getting too much impatient for receiving this :/

scottc

10 Feb 2016, 20:22

Nah Prelim, while I don't want to be unduly harsh to UKKeycaps I think you're right - I want more info too...

UKKeycaps

10 Feb 2016, 20:30

Prelim wrote: maybe, but it should be better to stick with ESC Pack news in this thread don't you think?

for instance, how's the shipping status? Is there any new photos of the received package from GMK?

for a professional seller, I would say this thread have less information than a normal group-buy :( ...well, or I'm just getting too much impatient for receiving this :/
The numerous PM's you have sent me indicate you are getting quite impatient haha.

I don't have a DSLR with me currently so I didn't want to post pictures I took with my phone camera, but here they are anyway (apologies for the blurryness). Professional looking photos will be up around Friday/Saturday.

scottc

10 Feb 2016, 20:31

I think bad pictures are definitely better than no pictures! The key in these GBs is communication. Thanks for sharing anyway. Looking good!

Prelim

10 Feb 2016, 20:33

idd, better than no photo at all! thanks for the effort @UKKeycaps ;)

miguelbazil

11 Feb 2016, 09:21

First it's a picture on a Turtle Beach, so what's there not to like? Second if someone doesn't want that red/green esc... 8-)

Zaphir

11 Feb 2016, 16:25

I can't wait to get my hand on these bad boys... these Esc caps look dank AF.
Thanks for the picture @UKKeycaps. Like they said, one photo is better than no photo. :P

That blank set on the TBI 500 looks good aswell. I'm typing on the same keyboard right now.
Blues 4 life!

UKKeycaps

12 Feb 2016, 00:49

Keys will be just under 50% shipped as of tomorrow! People in the UK should start receiving their packs as of tomorrow too!

rddm

12 Feb 2016, 01:13

@miguelbazil I think I can trade the red/green esc

Zaphir

12 Feb 2016, 14:44

UKKeycaps wrote: Keys will be just under 50% shipped as of tomorrow! People in the UK should start receiving their packs as of tomorrow too!
Aw yiss. :)

elRetto

12 Feb 2016, 15:33

do you send out notifications or do. we just wait?

UKKeycaps

12 Feb 2016, 18:40

No notification emails, just remain patient for a while longer :D

Matt_

12 Feb 2016, 18:58

Waiting for better pictures, but colors look good on the last one already.

UKKeycaps

12 Feb 2016, 20:35

As posted by Will on Reddit:

shreebles
Finally 60%

12 Feb 2016, 20:58

UKKeycaps wrote: Anyone interested in GMK Miami?
I thought SP made the original Miami keyset? Later copied by Tai-Hao?

And then GMK made the Miami Nights theme?

Zaphir

12 Feb 2016, 21:01

That last picture looks great. :)

I'm patiently waiting for mine... any time now...

Prelim

12 Feb 2016, 21:14

oh boy, that green on Red turned out really well! ;) ...next to an OG Cherry sticker will be pr0n :P

gojira54

15 Feb 2016, 20:44

Received these keys today - thanks =]

UKKeycaps

16 Feb 2016, 10:00

100% shipped!

Prelim

16 Feb 2016, 10:30

wow, that was fast @@ ;)

Khers

16 Feb 2016, 10:31

I got mine yesterday, thanks UKK!

Matt_

17 Feb 2016, 15:32

Got mine from the mail today, thanks! I find legends on the red & magenta caps to lack a bit of contrast/sharpness, but that's just personal opinion and the rest is flawless.

A bit of light bleed though:

It's only really bad on the orange key, I can barely notice it on other affected caps (cyan, blue, red & magenta) at normal backlight level (picture taken at max brightness, otherwise the sensor has trouble picking it up with the ambiant light). I'll probably stick something opaque under the keys to prevent it but as it stands, it's no big deal.

gogusrl

17 Feb 2016, 19:59

UKKeycaps wrote: As posted by Will on Reddit:

That cyan would look great on my 'cock :) Will you have have extra sets for sale on your website ?

Prelim

17 Feb 2016, 20:05

arrived!

sadly, I've bought 4 packs (3 aren't for me) but I didn't received them seperately... guess the sorting work would take more 30sec :/

scottc

17 Feb 2016, 20:56

Jesus H, that light bleed is absolutely awful. What the shit?!

Matt_

17 Feb 2016, 23:45

I'd be curious to see if all colors are affected the same way (meaning if all orange caps bleed the most) or if there are just huge inconsistencies from GMK keycaps generally. Post your caps when you get them guys!

Zaphir

18 Feb 2016, 17:26

Matt_ wrote: I'd be curious to see if all colors are affected the same way (meaning if all orange caps bleed the most) or if there are just huge inconsistencies from GMK keycaps generally. Post your caps when you get them guys!
Mine came in today.
Here's a couple photos (sorry for the piss poor quality):

ImageImage

These are my first GMK keycaps so I don't really have anything else to compare these with but from what I've seen I must say that I'm pleased with them overall. The colors look nice and vibrant, the caps are somewhat thick and the legends look fine aswell.

I don't have a backlit keyboard to try these above leds lighting and see exactly how much light bleed I can detect on each cap, but I've tried to put them over a small led lantern thingy I have here in my room (it's a key holder with a small single white led) and I barely notice any light bleed on most of the caps. The one that bleeds the most is the orange one, which goes in line with what you said in your post.

Rimrul

18 Feb 2016, 20:41

Zaphir wrote:
Matt_ wrote: I'd be curious to see if all colors are affected the same way (meaning if all orange caps bleed the most) or if there are just huge inconsistencies from GMK keycaps generally. Post your caps when you get them guys!
Mine came in today.
My caps also arived today.
Zaphir wrote: These are my first GMK keycaps so I don't really have anything else to compare these with but from what I've seen I must say that I'm pleased with them overall. The colors look nice and vibrant, the caps are somewhat thick and the legends look fine aswell.

I don't have a backlit keyboard to try these above leds lighting and see exactly how much light bleed I can detect on each cap, but I've tried to put them over a small led lantern thingy I have here in my room (it's a key holder with a small single white led) and I barely notice any light bleed on most of the caps. The one that bleeds the most is the orange one, which goes in line with what you said in your post.

I can agree, they are thick, have clean legends and have nice colours. I quickly held them over my phones flash and all except the green one have light bleed. Orange has the most light bleed, purple the least. I have to menion, that the flash is slightly (and by "slightly" I mean "a lot") brighter than regular keyboard LEDs, so that the purple cap shouldn't show any light bleed in a keyboard setting.

UKKeycaps

19 Feb 2016, 01:20

Prelim wrote: arrived!

sadly, I've bought 4 packs (3 aren't for me) but I didn't received them seperately... guess the sorting work would take more 30sec :/
Having to pack 250 sets of keycaps means any time shortcut is one worth taking :D

Return to “Group buys”