[Closed] Hypersphere's Topre Damping Rings - Europe GB - Shipping Now

TheNacho
delicious.

16 Mar 2016, 21:41

rioc wrote: is there gonna be another GB sometime soon for these? Or anywhere I can still obtain some?
You can always order them directly from Hyper on ebay.

Hypersphere

17 Mar 2016, 01:19

TheNacho wrote:
rioc wrote: is there gonna be another GB sometime soon for these? Or anywhere I can still obtain some?
You can always order them directly from Hyper on ebay.
Well, unfortunately not always. At present, the Rings are gone. I am gearing up for another production run, but the necessary materials are on back order until at least the end of next week. It might be early April before a new batch is ready. I will post when the Rings are again available on eBay (via "Hypersphere2016").

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

18 Mar 2016, 23:09

I have just received my Novatouch and applied the Hypersphere rings. I was a bit skeptical about this but they really make a huge difference. The difference in feel is really substantial enough to make me want to order some more for my HHKB.

However, the stabilized keys still make a huge noise. Spacebar, enter and backspace and shifts are tremendously loud to the point that it still bothers me. What have you guys done to reduce the sound of your stabilized keys? Lube? A second ring?

Hypersphere

18 Mar 2016, 23:43

@Spikebolt: My best results with silencing Topre-switch keyboards were obtained through a combination of Silencing Rings and lubrication of stabilizers and all of the switch slider rails using a lubricating oil. Thus far, I have used Superlube 51010. In addition, I have installed rubber shock absorbers under the spacebar.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

18 Mar 2016, 23:55

Okay, thanks for the tip I think I'll go order some lube then. What shock absorbents did you get?

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

19 Mar 2016, 02:00

I took some photos while applying the rings and created a workshop thread with all the steps.

If you're feeling shaky check it out, it's really easy ;)

Hypersphere

19 Mar 2016, 13:31

@Spikebolt:
Hypersphere wrote: Here is what I use for shock absorbers under the spacebar:

1/2 x 2 3/8 inch foam strips:

http://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/p ... 003z-00069

These are $1.29 from Newegg Business for a pack of 6 strips. I get mine from a local hardware store. They are not as textured as they appear in the photo. I cut them into 1/2-inch squares and stack them as might be needed to provide the desired distance for absorbing the impact from the spacebar. On a HHKB, I apply them over the built-in shock absorbers. On a RF87U or NT, I apply them in layers as needed on the top of the plate equally spaced on each side of the central spacebar switch.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

19 Mar 2016, 13:44

Thanks for sharing. Gonna try to find something similar that ships to europe.

Hypersphere

19 Mar 2016, 14:22

@Spikebolt: The self-adhesive foam rubber strips appear to be the same material that is used for the anti-skid pads on the underside of keyboards. Other materials could probably be used as well for spacebar shock absorbers.

Hypersphere

11 Apr 2016, 23:43

NOTICE: The Hypersphere Rings (Silencing Rings) are available once more! They are now up for sale on eBay at "hypersphere2016". This was previously "katesattic2".

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

12 Apr 2016, 14:19

Hypersphere

12 Apr 2016, 23:39

Thanks, Spikebolt! (I like your mathematical signature as well.)

joric

13 Jun 2016, 19:20

After getting a second HHKB I started wondering why it feels so much better than the dentalbanded one. Got a digital caliper and measured dental bands I used on my old HHKB for an year and a half. They ought to be 1mm thick! I thought they're 0.6-0.8 mm, tops. That's why it felt so nasty. So yeah, get 0.5 mm rings or whatever, but not dental bands.

derzemel

23 Jun 2016, 14:16

I think I can consider the 2 90 Hyperspere rings sets lost.
After 4 months since Muirium sent me the message that he has delivered the 2 sets of 90 Hypersphere rings, I still have not received them.
I sent PM's to Muirium starting from March, but sadly, due to his personal issues, I managed to talk with him only a few days ago regarding this.
Sadly, I accepted the Muirium should sent the envelope without a tracking number to be cheaper, so, I have no way of finding out if the envelope has entered Romania.
The only small option I still have is for Muirium to go to the his Post office, with the receipt he has received when he has delivered the envelope, and tell them that the envelope was never received. It will be a low chance that something can be done.
I still have a small hope that the rings are not lost without a trace in the Postal system (together with the 123.5 USD I paid for them)... but it is slowly dwindling away.

In conclusion, when buying something, anything... don't be cheap and make sure that you have a Tracking Number

Khers

23 Jun 2016, 14:34

Ouch!

t!ng
Awake Sheep

23 Jun 2016, 14:39

I am also waiting for them, as my Novatouch does. But Muirium hasn't sent them yet as I participated in the Unicomp GB and to save shipping I am waiting for him to send everything in one box. Wondering if I will receive anything before I move house end of July :/

derzemel

23 Jun 2016, 14:53

yeah, I am still hoping to receive them.
I told a work colleague of this and he told me that he received a package after almost a year (he couldn't even remember what he bought :)) )

ajx

23 Jun 2016, 18:12

Whats your opinion about type-s vs silenced mod HHKB, hypershere?
I have now tried any kind of HHKB lol
I would love to hear your opinion as well

Muirium
µ

24 Jun 2016, 14:14

derzemel wrote: In conclusion, when buying something, anything... don't be cheap and make sure that you have a Tracking Number
Sadly, yes. I put a return address on literally every single envelope or parcel I ever ship, and I've double checked your address, so it should have wound up either with you or bounced back to me. But no dice. It looks well and truly lost, which is shitty indeed. But no tracking and no insurance, the Post Office assures me, means NO tracking and NO insurance; and would I like some stamps? Money hungry eejits.
t!ng wrote: I am also waiting for them, as my Novatouch does. But Muirium hasn't sent them yet as I participated in the Unicomp GB and to save shipping I am waiting for him to send everything in one box. Wondering if I will receive anything before I move house end of July :/
Hopefully! I've been mondo busy again lately, barely even touching my computer. I'll explain in my other thread and bung a link here.

Update:
off-topic-f10/what-s-up-with-t13305-90.html#p316443

Return to “Group buys”