[IC] UKKeycaps' Next Group-Buy (Vote!)

UKKeycaps

12 Nov 2015, 01:26

Hi!

I won't do my usual format for IC's and keep it simple:

Use the below form to vote for what you would like the next UKKeycaps Group-buy to be, bare in mind this is mainly for U.K. residents, but also continental Europeans. Shipping will be worldwide none-the-less :D

VOTE HERE VOTE HERE VOTE HERE

Prelim

12 Nov 2015, 11:33

neither of those. more GMK please ;)

Plasmodium

12 Nov 2015, 15:28

Definitely interested in a Planck at a competitive price.

kokokoy

12 Nov 2015, 16:13

Prelim wrote: neither of those. more GMK please ;)
Voting on this one. :D

lolpes

12 Nov 2015, 16:17

How about gmk arrows, enter and numpad "+" and "enter" color packs? :3

UKKeycaps

12 Nov 2015, 17:00

Seems Deskthority loves GMK :D I will consider it as a serious option! Arrows colour packs will enter colour packs definitely happen!

Prelim

12 Nov 2015, 17:52

people use to be voracious for "color packs", so maybe... this+spacebars (colors only as example)

also would be interested on full modifiers colored, like the purple mods or other new thing:
Last edited by Prelim on 12 Nov 2015, 17:58, edited 3 times in total.

Khers

12 Nov 2015, 17:53

I'd be in for some GMK as well! Maybe some CMYK? I'd like some of that.

Or a full mod set akin to the purple mod set from years back. Maybe in the quite wonderful colour that is 3B (iirc this was what was originally proposed for the bluegaloo).

Maybe something oddball? What about a full handarbeit set?

lolpes

12 Nov 2015, 18:08

no love for numpad? :(

andrewjoy

12 Nov 2015, 18:14

no love for split num pad + !

If i have told you all once i have told you 1000 times , cool kids have a tab key on there number pad !
IMG_20151112_171215.jpg
IMG_20151112_171215.jpg (928.57 KiB) Viewed 4612 times

kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 Nov 2015, 18:25

Not sure why I am supposed to sign in my Google account to view the form.
Isn't there a way to run something like that without feeding them with our info?

SL89

12 Nov 2015, 18:31

kbdfr wrote: Not sure why I am supposed to sign in my Google account to view the form.
Isn't there a way to run something like that without feeding them with our info?
I appreciate the fact that you call every single person who does this out on it. The whole convenience > privacy thing is getting really out of hand.

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 18:33

Sssh! You are the product. Don't think about it! Just enjoy the candies while they fatten you up…

andrewjoy

12 Nov 2015, 18:33

Its all about balance. I dont mind for good services like steam or Netflix etc. But i dont like the way everyone has there own account and you have to sign up.

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 18:35

UKKeycaps wrote: Seems Deskthority loves GMK :D I will consider it as a serious option! Arrows colour packs will enter colour packs definitely happen!
If you haven't done business with GMK before, prepare for a surprise when they tell you their minimum order quantity. Everyone wants GMK stuff because so few group buys succeed.

SL89

12 Nov 2015, 18:52

Muirium wrote:
UKKeycaps wrote: Seems Deskthority loves GMK :D I will consider it as a serious option! Arrows colour packs will enter colour packs definitely happen!
If you haven't done business with GMK before, prepare for a surprise when they tell you their minimum order quantity. Everyone wants GMK stuff because so few group buys succeed.
Even Beige tanked. I was rather surprised by that.

Prelim

12 Nov 2015, 18:52

he know that @Mu, already did the Esc pack GB: http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/u ... 11680.html

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 19:00

Good stuff. GMK makes this kind of thing quite expensive. Does even Massdrop do business with them?

UKKeycaps

12 Nov 2015, 19:01

I am currently in the process of doing business with GMK for the Esc Pack GB (just paid them), and I am aware of their MOQs etc.

Also I made a sign in required to vote on the form as this prevents that one guy from using a proxy or whatever to vote for what he wants dozens of times, thus skewing the results. I assumed everyone had a google account by now for either youtube or gmail or whatever else they own :D Hope this isn't too much of an issue.

Thanks for the replies so far, overwhelming response!

lolpes

12 Nov 2015, 19:01

Color packs make for more affordable options(the pack price, not price per cap), so i guess that's why they are mote likely to hit moq. Just stating the obvious anyway lol

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 19:05

UKKeycaps wrote: Also I made a sign in required to vote on the form as this prevents that one guy from using a proxy or whatever to vote for what he wants dozens of times, thus skewing the results.
You can always run a poll right here on DT. But I assume you're doing this on other forums as well. Arithmetic required. The nightmare!

Like Kbdfr, I'm not touching a Google form. Turned my back on them, nosy bastards that they are.

SL89

12 Nov 2015, 19:20

UKKeycaps wrote: I assumed everyone had a google account by now for either youtube or gmail or whatever else they own :D Hope this isn't too much of an issue.
You know what happens when you assume... :roll:

You probably won't have an issue on reddit or GH, but around here people don't usually look at anything on the otherside of a portal. Just an FYI.

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 19:51

Ah, most people, even at DT do. But most of us outspoken regulars aren't "most people". Just look for all the (entirely deserved) shit we hurl at Massdrop!

SL89

12 Nov 2015, 20:09

I didn't say 'most people' I just said 'people'.

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2015, 20:15

Yeah, *I* said most people. Because most people here don't piss and whine like me and chochead! They just follow links. Like good girls and boys. Sellouts!

padath

12 Nov 2015, 20:56

I could do with some simple GMK Classic Beige Moogle kits with bottom row 1.25 modifiers, spacebar and caps lock.

UKKeycaps

12 Nov 2015, 21:02

padath wrote: I could do with some simple GMK Classic Beige Moogle kits with bottom row 1.25 modifiers, spacebar and caps lock.
When I suggested this on Geekhack the guy who originally ran the classic beige GB originally seemed to not want a vendor to run the moogle kit GB.

He also said he doesn't own the colour scheme, and really there's nothing to stop me, except my reputation spiralling on GeekHack, but I'm not too worried about that :D

Prelim

12 Nov 2015, 21:03

padath wrote: I could do with some simple GMK Classic Beige Moogle kits with bottom row 1.25 modifiers, spacebar and caps lock.
I think someone on geekhack will do that meanwhile: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74 ... msg1916780

kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 Nov 2015, 21:08

Prelim wrote:
I think someone on geekhack will do that meanwhile: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74 ... msg1916780
But as usual they certainly won’t bother to have an AltGr cap, which kills it for me.

Prelim

12 Nov 2015, 21:11

kbdfr wrote: But as usual they certainly won’t bother to have an AltGr cap, which kills it for me.
don't be so sure! ;) I recall several GH groupbuys where AltGr was included (cmyk, rgbk, purple mods, etc)

Return to “Group buys”