NTC KB-6851EA White Alps, Greek sub-legends.(BOARDS RECEIVED)

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

16 Dec 2015, 22:02

guk wrote: 1 pls
chzel wrote: Guys, an update on the first post, please check, while there are 30 available, most of them are not boxed, still new, in the original bag, with the manual, but not boxed.
Boxed only pls.

Muirium
µ

16 Dec 2015, 22:03

I'd like one of the boxed ones if possible. We're already tangled up with the NeXT GB (shipping February!) so we can work out something then. I like to avoid forex when possible!

ettasian

16 Dec 2015, 22:08

If it's not picked randomly, boxed would be most appreciated :)

Stabilized

16 Dec 2015, 22:09

I would be up for one, not bothered about the box though!

shreebles
Finally 60%

16 Dec 2015, 22:17

In for one, too late?

scottc

16 Dec 2015, 22:18

Strongly prefer boxed here also!

Muirium
µ

16 Dec 2015, 22:28

Random boxes? As if!

The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance. --Robert Coveyou

I like my contests to be rigged! Box plz.

Khers

16 Dec 2015, 22:32

I would also prefer a boxed one, but then I guess most of us do so a lottery is probably good. Or just go for The signup order :twisted:

E3E

16 Dec 2015, 22:37

I have to pass on my order!

I know, it's a really good price, but now I'm in negotiations with someone for my dream vintage Alps board, so that must take priority!

Tuntematon

16 Dec 2015, 22:41

E3E wrote: I have to pass on my order!

I know, it's a really good price, but now I'm in negotiations with someone for my dream vintage Alps board, so that must take priority!
Oooo, dream board. What is it? Apologies for off-topic post.

chzel

16 Dec 2015, 22:45

No problem E3E, priorities! But you need to give us at least a clue as to what the dream is!

Scottex

16 Dec 2015, 22:51

E3E wrote: I have to pass on my order!

is it blue alps? green?

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

16 Dec 2015, 22:53

Khers wrote: I would also prefer a boxed one, but then I guess most of us do so a lottery is probably good. Or just go for The signup order :twisted:
Going to through the sign up order is a good idea and I also prefer a boxed one.

E3E

16 Dec 2015, 22:53

Probably not one many fancy over, haha. But it's a Focus FK-555! The owner finally got back to me after months.

Sandy has speculated that it's related to the Omnikey keyboard series by Northgate, and I wouldn't doubt it. It shares similarities in the FCC ID of the 102, and has front printed legends that imply layout swapping.

As someone who doesn't much care for the Northgate's look, but loves the features, I've been eyeing these for the longest time, but they just seem so scarce! Now it's time to play a "make an offer" battle with the current owner. :(

I just hope this doesn't get too crazy!

Oh, and it is a blue Alps version! I've seen these can come with Omrons as well. :)

Muirium
µ

16 Dec 2015, 22:54

I've got Chzel's NeXT hostage, so I win! A nice boxed one for me please.

Edit: Damn it, I forgot, he was on the fence and didn't ultimately join the GB. Blast. Well, boxed claim order works for me too! I'm 2nd to Guk on that one.

Tuntematon

16 Dec 2015, 22:56

That's a pretty nice board E3E, I suspect you will have to give him all the monies.

Hypersphere

16 Dec 2015, 22:58

@E3E: Congrats on your find of a Focus-555 with blue Alps. I hope the negotiations go well. Do you plan to use the board as is, or will you put the switches into a custom board?

Tuntematon

16 Dec 2015, 22:59

Muirium wrote: I've got Chzel's NeXT hostage, so I win! A nice boxed one for me please.

Edit: Damn it, I forgot, he was on the fence and didn't ultimately join the GB. Blast. Well, boxed claim order works for me too! I'm 2nd to Guk on that one.
Boxed claim order is already compromised, with people claiming boxes in multi-edit posts. I am 11th in line and there are 5 boxes, so according to my math, random order is best.

ettasian

16 Dec 2015, 23:02

If it's still not to much to ask, I want one more boxed one, but not-boxed is fine too. :)

E3E

16 Dec 2015, 23:04

Tuntematon wrote: That's a pretty nice board E3E, I suspect you will have to give him all the monies.
Which is while I'll have to batten down the wallet for this one, haha. Hopefully he's relaxed about selling it since he got it for $2 at a thrift store, lucky guy. :(
Hypersphere wrote: @E3E: Congrats on your find of a Focus-555 with blue Alps. I hope the negotiations go well. Do you plan to use the board as is, or will you put the switches into a custom board?
Thanks! I hope so too. Oh, I already have a blue Alps board (my FAME) and a Monterey K101 (with another weird case design similar to the Dell AT101 and the FK-555, which is my favorite design style) coming in from TaoBao with blue Alps. I kind of wish I didn't bomb $123 on the K101. Shipping is what killed me. :/ Might be selling it if this one turns out to be too much. I've got 75 blue alps switches coming in that I made from a trade for some Amber Alps, which I didn't like very much. I don't plan on stripping any of my boards. :) So in the end, I'll have a total of 101 loose blue Alps thanks to what I had left over from various other trades.

Does anyone have any experience with an FK-555? Not to derail the thread! I know it has a metal bottom like the Omnikey. Does it have NKRO or DIP switches as well? It doesn't seem too well-documented!

I've also seen two versions. One sold on here many moons ago with a black cable and no front printing. Then the other one with a grey cable and front printed legends. No idea if there's a difference!

Feel free to share opinions on it if you'd like! My other dream Alps board would be an IBM Multistation, if not just for those sweet Alps Hipro caps.

ImbaHue

16 Dec 2015, 23:42

In for as well.

-ImbaHue

Vizir

16 Dec 2015, 23:42

Are they complicated Alps? Shipping to USA?

Laser
emacs -nw

16 Dec 2015, 23:46

The thread got complicated (boxes no boxes) so they *must* be complicated :D

E3E

16 Dec 2015, 23:47

Vizir wrote: Are they complicated Alps? Shipping to USA?

They seem to be. :)

Vizir

16 Dec 2015, 23:55

Hmm. Shipping to US is going to kill this deal for me :/

23 Euro is shipping alone.

scottc

16 Dec 2015, 23:57

I only wish US to EU shipping was so reasonable. :lol: Still, 40 euro shipped for one of these boards? That's a steal.

Vizir

16 Dec 2015, 23:58

what am i missing about these boards?

chzel

17 Dec 2015, 00:04

Vizir yes they are complicated Alps almost certainly, given that there is a logo and they are white!
Shipping to USA would be 27.50 € tracked or 20.40€ plain.

Tuntematon

17 Dec 2015, 00:07

Vizir wrote: what am i missing about these boards?
~40 Euros shipped is still a pretty good deal. The main thing is the layout, 75% Alps is very appealing to a lot of people. Also, I don't think there's any record of this keyboard existing prior to this, at least I haven't seen anything. So it's also exciting that way.

chzel

17 Dec 2015, 00:11

I know the box issue is rather unfortunate, and because solving it by other means will be an exercise in futility, I'll stick to the randomizer solution.

If any of you don't want to risk getting a no-box board, let me know by tomorrow please.

Return to “Group buys”