3FCT - Ep 1: GMK TA Royal Alpha 610 Inspired Set ~~~~Re-launched!

mohitgarg

11 Mar 2016, 18:46

GB LINK @ MASSDROP: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-ta-roy ... guest_open
GB END ON 4th April, 2016

GMK TA Royal Alpha 610 Inspired Set

These doubleshot ABS keycaps by GMK offer the retro look of the Triumph Adler Royal Alpha 610 typewriter—with a modern twist. Like all GMK keysets (and the original Alpha 610 keycaps), these caps are made from the highest quality plastic: thick doubleshot German ABS in Cherry profile. As these are authentic Cherry, they cost more to manufacture than the PBT keycaps on the market today.

Kits
Base Kit
The Base kit comes in a light gray. To add a modern touch, US-Int sublegends are pad-printed in lime green along with the darker green doubleshot legends.

Green Modifiers Kit
The Green Mods kit comes with lime green modifiers and dark green accent keys. HHKB-specific legends are front pad-printed. This kit includes the iconic lime green CODE key. ISO, Winkeyless, 1800, Whitefox, and most other alternate layouts are supported with correct row profiles.

Light Gray Modifiers Kit
The Light Gray Mods kit comes with the same look as the alphas for a less peppy and more true to the original color scheme. HHKB-specific legends are front pad-printed. This kit includes the iconic lime green CODE key. ISO, Winkeyless, 1800, Whitefox, and most other alternate layouts are supported with correct row profiles

Spacebars
2 spacebars per pack, 1x 6.25U and 1x7U

Pricing
All prices in USD

Code: Select all

MOQ -->                0         150       250     Current numbers
Base Kit	            --        59.99     TBD     47
Green Mods Kit	      --        74.99     TBD     52
Light Gray Mods Kit    --        69.99     TBD     27
Spacebars	           7.99      7.99      7.99    N/A

Support
We need you to promote this GB by putting the below banner in your signature

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-ta-royal-alpha-typewriter-keycap-set-2/?mode=guest_open][img]http://i.imgur.com/T2A3zrn.png[/img][/url]

Thank you
Special thanks to Yanbo from MassDrop for making this set a reality by hosting it on MassDrop; Cristoph from GMK for bearing with me; Ivan for his help with the US-Int legends; and thesiscampe for the beautiful renders.

Thank you also to Triumph Adler Royal for bringing this beautiful colorway with their initial Alpha 610 typewriter.

Finally thank you to the keyboard community and you, whoever's going to buy the set.

Inspired by:
Inspired by the beautiful Royal Alpha typewriters

Colors (http://i.imgur.com/94CxFfr.jpg):
Alphas: N7 legends double-shot on 3K with AE pad-printed International sub-legends
Mods: CP legends double-shot on AE and few CP legends double-shot on N7

Some excellent color comparison shots by nubbinator
Spoiler:

Old Mockups
Last edited by mohitgarg on 28 Mar 2016, 10:38, edited 10 times in total.

mohitgarg

11 Mar 2016, 18:54

I'd like to add, GMK does not have tooling for a 6U spacebar.

Matt_

11 Mar 2016, 19:42

The all-white set is beautiful. How durable is GMK's pad printing?

mohitgarg

11 Mar 2016, 19:54

Form what I've heard, just like their double-shot being the best there is, there pad-printing is the best too and holds up very well.

rddm

11 Mar 2016, 20:34

Well as far as I know Massdrop don't pay VAT, but pay taxes in EUA too. So european's customers pay dute taxes in EUA, and in Europe.

mohitgarg

11 Mar 2016, 21:23

Do you know what is the percentage taxed by US?

rddm

11 Mar 2016, 21:53

No, I don't.

mohitgarg

15 Mar 2016, 23:17

I think I've got the answer to the EU problem. There is no problem.

I have confirmed with multiple parties that when receiving keycaps from GMK in US, they pay little to nominal (~0.5%) in taxes/duties in EU. The shipping prices MassDrop gets for the international shipping is about the same as an individual would get while shipping within EU. The 10% difference of if the keycaps were shipped within EU vs from US is pretty much offset by the extra split shipping from GMK.

So, EU guys sorry, the 20%/30% taxes imposed by the government are to be blamed, so relax and buy from MassDrop.

niomosy

16 Mar 2016, 02:43

That green mod set looks great. Love that green.

mohitgarg

16 Mar 2016, 12:04

Updated OP with the revised renders from GMK.

Summary of changes:
1. Changed legend on stepped Caps Lock in base set to "Lock" to maintain homogeneity with the rest of the Caps Lock keys.
2. Added Fn legend to the previously blank R3 key in the Outcasts kit
3. Changed legend on some of the right Alt keys to "Alt Gr" to maintain homogeneity with the base set

macharius

17 Mar 2016, 15:30

I was expecting this today in Massdrop :(

mohitgarg

17 Mar 2016, 15:37

Some parts of the world, St.Patrick's day has only just started :P

There were some last minute changes that had to be made to the Mod kit to price it attractively. We are going to try to start the drop today, if we can't, definitely tomorrow.

Also note, spacebar addon packs of 1x6.25U and 1x7U will be available. These packs can be bought in either of the three base colors, AE, N7, and 3K.

mohitgarg

17 Mar 2016, 23:05

mohitgarg

24 Mar 2016, 09:21

Re-Launched with a new breakup, allowing you to pair the base with either mod kits.

Price Comparison:
All light gray - $115 vs $130, but now you have support for all the alternate layouts, no need to spend $28 on the Outcasts kit!
Base with Green mods - $188 vs $143, with support for the alternate layouts, no need to spend $28 on the Outcasts kit!
Full Monty - $225 vs $221, It's cheaper and more logical!

DrOpBoX

24 Mar 2016, 09:56

mohitgarg wrote: I think I've got the answer to the EU problem. There is no problem.

I have confirmed with multiple parties that when receiving keycaps from GMK in US, they pay little to nominal (~0.5%) in taxes/duties in EU. The shipping prices MassDrop gets for the international shipping is about the same as an individual would get while shipping within EU. The 10% difference of if the keycaps were shipped within EU vs from US is pretty much offset by the extra split shipping from GMK.

So, EU guys sorry, the 20%/30% taxes imposed by the government are to be blamed, so relax and buy from MassDrop.
Sorry but I dont understand...so I must pay just 22% tax and 0,5% custom fees? :D Just for this keycaps or for all? Bcs I`m so scared to buy on MD...

ps: i`m from italy

mohitgarg

24 Mar 2016, 10:13

Erzegovaz wrote:
mohitgarg wrote: I think I've got the answer to the EU problem. There is no problem.

Sorry but I dont understand...so I must pay just 22% tax and 0,5% custom fees? :D Just for this keycaps or for all? Bcs I`m so scared to buy on MD...

ps: i`m from italy
I can't comment exactly how much you'll be taxed. You'll have to look up the tax/custom fees charged by Italian authorities, and that will be it. You won't be charged anything by the US govt (Where the orders first go from Germany).

mohitgarg

28 Mar 2016, 10:43

Updated OP with current numbers.

Return to “Group buys”