[MechSupply.co.uk] 120x Gateron Switches

UKKeycaps

05 May 2016, 01:29

ROUND 2

LINK TO PURCHASE

The most popular Cherry MX clone switches now available to the UK (and EU/worldwide) clackers at a reasonable price, free UK postage and no import fees!

Any questions feel free to ask me here, send an email or send me smoke signals

Last edited by UKKeycaps on 27 Sep 2016, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

Dra

05 May 2016, 01:41

Don't mean to bash, but this is hardly a deal for anyone outside the UK at £32.50, especially since you can get them for $36 with free international shipping on ebay. :|

UKKeycaps

05 May 2016, 01:45

Dra wrote: Don't mean to bash, but this is hardly a deal for anyone outside the UK at £32.50, especially since you can get them for $36 with free international shipping on ebay. :|
MechSupply is mostly focused on the UK market, however we do ship worldwide :D

I can't promise to always be the best price for those outside the UK/EU

UKKeycaps

27 Sep 2016, 22:37

Bump!

All posts above were for the previous round 1 of the group-buy!

All posts below are regarding round 2 of the group-buy (27th Sep - 20th October)

duynguyenle

28 Sep 2016, 02:41

Hi Joe,

Do these have translucent switch bottom like the pictures above (from Round 1) or are they the ones with black bottom and clear top?

UKKeycaps

28 Sep 2016, 14:22

Black bottom clear top like on the product page :D

Wodan
ISO Advocate

28 Sep 2016, 14:39

Do they have the redesigned bottom shell that collides with flat wire Costar stabilizers ?

See the KC60 drop at Massdrop for more details on the issue.

pomk

28 Sep 2016, 17:41

Wodan wrote: Do they have the redesigned bottom shell that collides with flat wire Costar stabilizers ?

See the KC60 drop at Massdrop for more details on the issue.
I think the top shell is what is causing the problems. I have old and new ones at hand and the slope on the opposite side of the LED feels different. The new one has an S curve while the old one is just slanted.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

28 Sep 2016, 20:12

I have one of the affected KC60 keyboards and posted a pictured guide how to cut off a piece of the lower shell to fix the issue.

pomk

28 Sep 2016, 22:10

Well I'll be damned! I was a bit adamant on the difference being in the top housing, as my custom board with costar stabs (from wasd) works flawlessly using a very recent batch of gateron switches. Comparing the switches to cherry mx does show a slight difference in the lip size (about 0,2 mm). I guess I should then be careful of the flat type costar stabs sold on massdrop?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

28 Sep 2016, 22:34

It only affects the "flat wire" Costar stabilizers that have recently been used by many asian manufacturers. The WhiteFox and the latest Infinity 60% came with them - as did the KC60. I love this new Costar variant because the wire no longer hits thick (GMK) keycaps when pressed but it seems to have issues with these newer Gateron switches.

Return to “Group buys”