group-buys-f50/gmk-hadapter-hadditional ... ml#p314544
- Sending design files for new molds to GMK
- Receive and confirm GMK render of HADditionals kit
- Secure production slot and pay 150 sets of each kit in advance
- Post proof of payment and start GB pre order phase
- Finalize order quantities ~4 weeks after GB start
- Will continue to take orders at a reduced price until I run out of kits or receive keycaps
- Leftover kits will be sold at retail price once I receive them
- HADapter Kit (Prices in brackets are in case we hit 250pc)
- 22€ (19€) for Group Buy pre-orders <= This is currently my projected cost including packaging
- 23,50€ (20,50€) for orders after finaly production planniung
- 25€ (22€) for sets bought from me once in stock <= Me making phat stacks
HADditionals Kit (Prices in brackets are in case we hit 250pc): ---- BIG DROP IN PRICE! CENTERED DIAMOND KEY MOLDS WILL BE MADE BY GMK AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE!
- 10€(9€)13,50€ (11€) for Group Buy pre-orders <= This is currently my projected cost including packaging
- 11€(10€)14,50€ (12€) for orders after finaly production planniung
- 12€(11€)15€ (12,50€) for sets bought from me once in stock <= Me making phat stacks
I give you all my word that the GB pre-order price is the best price I will ever sell these sets for. Once the GB phase is over, this price will never be available again.
FEEDBACK NEEDED HERE
- Got a picture of the available #-keys (DE and UK) from GMK. Legend scaling is a bit odd. Go or no-go?
- Got a list of available R4 1.25U legends, want to pick the best legend(s) from the list for the HADditionals kit
this is my first step into the GB/Keycap business and I got the idea for this from a thread in the German sub-forum.
The idea will probably only be appealing to ISO-DE users but I still wanted to share it with the whole community for input and remarks.
There's alot of vintage Cherry doubleshot ABS keycaps available in the German ISO-DE layout. The great majority of these keycap sets is in a winkeyless layout with a 7U space bar and a stepped caps lock. This makes it very difficult to find nice modern keyboards to put those sweet keycaps on.
Creating an essentials "Moogle" or adapter kit to fit these commonly available "HAD" keycap sets on the common modern 105-key layout keyboards (Filco, Ducky etc.) and adding a few extra caps for other popular layouts. On top of that, I would like to add three ANSI adapter keys (ANSI-Enter, German \|-key, ANSI-LShift) to allow aesthetic use of ISO-DE keycaps on an ANSI keyboard layout.
The version with off-center diamonds (ONLY AS A REFERENCE, WILL NOT BE OFFERED !):
UPDATE: For those of you who haven't seen the common ISO-DE layout I am referring to as HAD here, here's a picture: