Round 4 / packing (99.8%) / shipping (99.7%)

7bit

29 Jan 2012, 22:52

Half-Saint wrote:There's a TERM spherical kit for G80-2551? With spacebar? :D Wow :shock: Which color style is the cheapest? The price list seems to be out of date.

ROUND3/ROUND3TERM $80 for 90 keys
SPH/TERMINAL $115 for 158 keys

Are the key quantities correct?

TBH, I was hoping for a simple and cheap ROUND3/TERM kit that I could use to upgrade my existing ROUND3 kit for use with G80-2551.
The pricelist is updated.
But I will add such a ROUND3/TERM kit.

There are SPACE for 6.25 units (Filco/Cherry) and SPACEUNI which fits almost any Cherry-based keyboard with 7 units space bar, plus the 4 units Tirpo space bar, plus the innovative 1.5 units 7BIT ;layoput space bar for the upcomming Phantom (the keyboard which can keep up with the key caps in terms of prices :shock: ).
Last edited by 7bit on 29 Jan 2012, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

29 Jan 2012, 22:53

rouston wrote:Prices are going incredibly high.
I'm afraid I'm going to cancel the whole order. The wait only makes prices increasing...
too bad
Now prices will increase even more.
:sad:

GodofDeath

30 Jan 2012, 01:47

yea i think i will have to cancel

115 for noir/standard125 wow
it was still acceptable at like 90 with the space and windows came to like 95 now its like 125 or more with shipping

7bit

30 Jan 2012, 09:44

GodofDeath wrote:yea i think i will have to cancel

it was still acceptable at like 90 with the space and windows came to like 95 now its like 125 or more with shipping
Get sphericals, they are cheaper and ptrices went down a bit becuase of an increase of orders.

Sorry, but there is no way to have lower prices with so many choices ...

mintberryminuscrunch

30 Jan 2012, 09:58

ppl seem to forget what the advantages of these sets are.
They will fit any keyboard from g80-1850 to filco. Ordinarily when you buy a set there are always cut backs.
Oh and all the ISO layouts that are usually not available...
Last edited by mintberryminuscrunch on 30 Jan 2012, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

30 Jan 2012, 10:22

7bit wrote:(...) There are SPACE for (...) the 4 units Tirpo space bar(...).
I did miss that. How do I order 5 of them (ivory/beige)?
I'm afraid I'm too stupid to understand even this: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round_Four_4_Dummies

7bit

30 Jan 2012, 12:09

kbdfr wrote:
7bit wrote:(...) There are SPACE for (...) the 4 units Tipro space bar(...).
I did miss that. How do I order 5 of them (ivory/beige)?
I'm afraid I'm too stupid to understand even this: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round_Four_4_Dummies
You can have as many Tipro space bars as you want:
SPH/SPACETIPRO comes in grey
SPH/SPACETIPRO/BLUE comes in blue

:lol:

:shock:

GodofDeath

30 Jan 2012, 16:41

7bit wrote:
GodofDeath wrote:yea i think i will have to cancel

Get sphericals, they are cheaper and ptrices went down a bit becuase of an increase of orders.

Sorry, but there is no way to have lower prices with so many choices ...

The thing is i wanted double shots that just look like original keys spehereicals are not something i want

nullpunkt

30 Jan 2012, 17:36

I like the spherical style the most, but there is one thing that I don't like: the enter and shift keys are less wide than in all the other sets, as if they do not fit. why is that?

for retro enter and shift look good/aligned:

kps

30 Jan 2012, 17:59

nullpunkt wrote:I like the spherical style the most, but there is one thing that I don't like: the enter and shift keys are less wide than in all the other sets, as if they do not fit. why is that?
SP doesn't have molds for the correct sizes in spherical profile.

For the Return key, you can order SPH/MRET, which is a spherical key in the correct size and profile, but with a more matte finish than the rest of the keys.

If you are building or modifying a keyboard, you can use SPH/SHIFT125 and SPH/SHIFT175 plus regular 1unit keys to fill the space exactly. (I'm putting 1 unit AltGr keys outboard from the shifts.)

gimpster

30 Jan 2012, 18:38

kps wrote:SP doesn't have molds for the correct sizes in spherical profile.
I hear this a lot from them. If SP made an iPhone ad, their tagline would be "SP, we might have a mold for that..."

7bit

30 Jan 2012, 19:36

nullpunkt wrote:I like the spherical style the most, but there is one thing that I don't like: the enter and shift keys are less wide than in all the other sets, as if they do not fit. why is that?

The 2.25 units keys do only exist with rough texture and there is no 2.75 units key at all, so we will take 2 and 2.5 units keys. In my graphic, the gat is a bit exagerated and also it the days of sphericals, key-fileds on keyboards where usually not in a strict rectangular shape, so this adds to the retro feeling of the key caps.
:-)

Also, with 7bit layout, there is no such issue!
:ugeek:

xbb

30 Jan 2012, 20:48

So you suggest Phantom 7BIT +... what's the kit for 7BIT layout? :)

7bit

30 Jan 2012, 21:10

xbb wrote:So you suggest Phantom 7BIT +... what's the kit for 7BIT layout? :)
Something between TERMINAL and TKL plus the PHANTOM kit.

It depends on what you want to put on those 101 switches.

trax

31 Jan 2012, 01:05

My order has been in the outbox for a while now.
The GH script only reads 2 of ~9 things I ordered.

rouston

31 Jan 2012, 11:41

Is it for Round 3 set or for Blood set that prices went higher? I still haven't canceld anything.

mrog

31 Jan 2012, 12:19

7bit wrote:

The 2.25 units keys do only exist with rough texture and there is no 2.75 units key at all, so we will take 2 and 2.5 units keys. In my graphic, the gat is a bit exagerated and also it the days of sphericals, key-fileds on keyboards where usually not in a strict rectangular shape, so this adds to the retro feeling of the key caps.
:-)

Also, with 7bit layout, there is no such issue!
:ugeek:
How does this work on an ISO layout? I've ordered a SPH/TKLUK

-edit-

Also what is the unit of measurement you guys use when talking about key cap sizes?

Also how do I add extra items to my order?

Gilgam

31 Jan 2012, 12:33

xbb wrote:So you suggest Phantom 7BIT +... what's the kit for 7BIT layout? :)
there is an example on the wiki if i remember well.

7bit

31 Jan 2012, 12:42

rouston wrote:Is it for Round 3 set or for Blood set that prices went higher? I still haven't canceld anything.
I will trow out most of ORANJE and BLOOD first and then see what happens.

There will be only ORANJE/STANDARD and ORANJE/TKL available. Same for BLOOD.

If this fails and there are not more orders for RETRO and NOIR I will throw them out completely and cut down NOIR.

The idea is that the people who saved money because they can't get what they wanted, get other kits instead ...
:shock:

7bit

31 Jan 2012, 12:48

mrog wrote:How does this work on an ISO layout? I've ordered a SPH/TKLUK

-edit-

Also what is the unit of measurement you guys use when talking about key cap sizes?

Also how do I add extra items to my order?
The J-shape Return does not exist in the measures we would need, so it must be a 2 units vertical key.

Key caps sizes are in units of single keys. A 7 units space bar is 7 normal (A-Z) keys wide.

^^^ As you can see, IBM keyboards have Return keys which are quite similar to what you will have with the SPH style, just the step will be missing.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

31 Jan 2012, 13:11

Is there supposed to be an order confirmation mail?

mrog

31 Jan 2012, 13:14

I think that sounds perfect (though the step would have been nice).
the other modifiers for the iso:
Left shift, Ctrl, Super, Alt, Meta == 1.25 Units
Right Shift == 3.5 Units

Are these OK on the SPH style?

I'm going add the RETRO/TKLUK and a few other bits and peices to my order - I take it the J shaped enter and other keys are fine for this style?

Icarium

31 Jan 2012, 13:17

1. Are there any multi-shots in this? Yes, I know it's called DOUBLESHOTS RR4 but I'm asking anyway. :)

2. What are people getting for their Tipros? I would like some keycaps to build custom layouts but I suppose they would all have to be size 1 (even the modifiers) and all equal height.

3. How much would a different layout be? Thinking about getting a Programmers Dvorak...

7bit

31 Jan 2012, 13:23

kbdfr wrote:Is there supposed to be an order confirmation mail?
Yes, just add your email address.
:roll:

7bit

31 Jan 2012, 13:24

mrog wrote:I think that sounds perfect (though the step would have been nice).
the other modifiers for the iso:
Left shift, Ctrl, Super, Alt, Meta == 1.25 Units
Right Shift == 3.5 Units

Are these OK on the SPH style?

I'm going add the RETRO/TKLUK and a few other bits and peices to my order - I take it the J shaped enter and other keys are fine for this style?
1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75 and 2 units are all existing.

Just 2.25 and 2.75 units are missing.

Ah, yes, it will be an I-shape Return.

7bit

31 Jan 2012, 13:31

Icarium wrote:1. Are there any multi-shots in this? Yes, I know it's called DOUBLESHOTS RR4 but I'm asking anyway. :)

2. What are people getting for their Tipros? I would like some keycaps to build custom layouts but I suppose they would all have to be size 1 (even the modifiers) and all equal height.

3. How much would a different layout be? Thinking about getting a Programmers Dvorak...
Here are the section that might interest you:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round_4#TER ... nal_kit.29
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round_4#FUN ... ion_kit.29
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round_4#NUM ... ric_kit.29
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round_4#POS ... ale_kit.29
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round_4#MOD ... ier_kit.29

This is what you can do with these (key caps will have a different color-scheme):

kbdfr
The Tiproman

31 Jan 2012, 13:37

7bit wrote:
kbdfr wrote:Is there supposed to be an order confirmation mail?
Yes, just add your email address.
:roll:
Oh... Was I supposed to enter it twice? :roll:

The text of my mail was:
SPH/SPACETIPRO 5
EMAIL [my email address]

Anything wrong with that?

7bit

31 Jan 2012, 13:40

kbdfr wrote:...
The text of my mail was:
SPH/SPACETIPRO 5
EMAIL [my email address]

Anything wrong with that?
I will look into that.

Usually it should work that way.

trax

31 Jan 2012, 13:52

Message still in outbox.
Whats up with that?

7bit

31 Jan 2012, 14:03

Nothing. I get an e-mail notification that you sent a message to hantom or 7bit_R4 and that notification is evaluated by the script, not the message itself.

Return to “Group buys”