Round 4 / packing (99.8%) / shipping (99.7%)

7bit

29 Oct 2011, 13:45

fossala wrote:I would like 2x fn 1.25 width :)
OK.

fossala
Elite +1

29 Oct 2011, 13:53

How would I order them. Thanks a lot for this it will be the first time in years I have had the right keycaps.

7bit

29 Oct 2011, 15:57

fossala wrote:How would I order them. Thanks a lot for this it will be the first time in years I have had the right keycaps.
DARK/TENKLESS
DARK/DVORAK

I've added the 2 Fn keys to the TENKLESS kits.

fossala
Elite +1

29 Oct 2011, 16:01

You are awesome. Thank you.

fossala
Elite +1

29 Oct 2011, 20:36

After all day thinking about what I want I have finished my order. 7bit can you check I have everything I need.
1xRGB (colors on GX)
1xDvorak (NN/GX)
1xspace for poker (GX)
1xtenkless (NN/GX)
It is for a poker with wanting to be able to swap caps and ctrl and have 2xfn 1.25 keys.

7bit

29 Oct 2011, 20:45

fossala wrote:After all day thinking about what I want I have finished my order. 7bit can you check I have everything I need.
1xRGB (colors on GX)
1xDvorak (NN/GX)
1xspace for poker (GX)
1xtenkless (NN/GX)
It is for a poker with wanting to be able to swap caps and ctrl and have 2xfn 1.25 keys.
:roll:
DARK/RGB
DARK/DVORAK
DARK/SPACE or DARK/SPACELEO (not sure which it was, but most likeley they will be the same anyway)
DARK/TENKLESS

fossala
Elite +1

29 Oct 2011, 20:49

I did get it right at last. Thanks 7bit.

yakill

29 Oct 2011, 23:21

To bad there is no poker kit, but i guess there is to little request for sth like this right?

7bit

29 Oct 2011, 23:29

yakill wrote:To bad there is no poker kit, but i guess there is to little request for sth like this right?
I'm not sure about the space bar, but TKL or TENKLESS should work.

Grond

30 Oct 2011, 12:30

Does the "noir" style feature a matte finishing similar to cherry DS?

7bit

30 Oct 2011, 12:58

Grond wrote:Does the "noir" style feature a matte finishing similar to cherry DS?
Round3, Retro, Noir and Dark are all from the DCS family:
(http://www.solutionsinplastic.com/pdfs/DCSFamily.pdf)
M - MATTE TOP, SEMI-MATTE SIDES

mSSM

30 Oct 2011, 18:47

Although this is kinda of pricey, I am thinking of joining in...

Just a question: I have a KBC-Poker: is it possible, to also get keycaps printed not only on the top, but also on the side which is facing the user (esentially the way it is done right now on the Poker)?

Also, is it theoretically possible to also get another character/logo on the Mod4-/Super-Keys (the one with Windows on it)? What about the FN-Keys?

7bit

30 Oct 2011, 18:59

mSSM wrote:Although this is kinda of pricey, I am thinking of joining in...

Just a question: I have a KBC-Poker: is it possible, to also get keycaps printed not only on the top, but also on the side which is facing the user (esentially the way it is done right now on the Poker)?

Also, is it theoretically possible to also get another character/logo on the Mod4-/Super-Keys (the one with Windows on it)? What about the FN-Keys?
There are no front-printings in this group buy.

There is a huge load of alternatives to Super:

Look up r44d in the wiki, or:
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round4#Pict ... phics_kits

7bit

30 Oct 2011, 19:19

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image

fossala
Elite +1

30 Oct 2011, 19:31

I would love a *BSD beastie doubleshot but I know there would be no interest :(

7bit

30 Oct 2011, 19:46

fossala wrote:I would love a *BSD beastie doubleshot but I know there would be no interest :(
Make the SVG and we will see ...

fossala
Elite +1

30 Oct 2011, 19:50

Will do what dimensions does it need to be? And do you have a hex color code for the grey on dark?

7bit

30 Oct 2011, 20:01

fossala wrote:Will do what dimensions does it need to be? And do you have a hex color code for the grey on dark?
The SVG is black on transparent. The black part will be the insert mold part (the legend).

For a 1 unit key, the dimesions are
width: 9.04mm
height: 10.84mm
Lines must be at least 0.25 mm, better a bit more.
Gaps between lines and islands must be at leeast0.5mm.

Read this:
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Graphics_for_Insert_Molding

And this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bsd_daemon.jpg
:roll:
Last edited by 7bit on 30 Oct 2011, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

Minskleip

30 Oct 2011, 20:02

It would be even cooler with Puffy :ugeek:

fossala
Elite +1

30 Oct 2011, 20:04

Yeah but that is going even more niche. I use OpenBSD for routers and mail, FreeBSD for data (because of ZFS)

7bit

30 Oct 2011, 20:08

Minskleip wrote:It would be even cooler with Puffy :ugeek:

I bet it would looking great!

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Oct 2011, 20:17

Deskthority runs on FreeBSD.

fossala
Elite +1

30 Oct 2011, 20:21

I tried to do it but I failed but my girlfriend who is better at gimp will do it tomorrow.
Would there be enough guys wanting a puffy one instead because I would prefer him than beastie.
<offtopic>I would use *BSD on my desktop as well instead of Linux but I run ltsp throughout my house</offtopic>

7bit

30 Oct 2011, 20:36

webwit wrote:Deskthority runs on FreeBSD.
Ummm... sorry!

No Puffy then.

fossala
Elite +1

30 Oct 2011, 20:38

I will get a beastie one made for tomorrow then. At least then it is *BSD agnostic.

7bit

30 Oct 2011, 20:39

fossala wrote:I tried to do it but I failed but my girlfriend who is better at gimp will do it tomorrow.
Would there be enough guys wanting a puffy one instead because I would prefer him than beastie.
<offtopic>I would use *BSD on my desktop as well instead of Linux but I run ltsp throughout my house</offtopic>
It needs to be an SVG graphic. I'm not sure if the latest GIMP can handle this, buy mine can't.

You need to make Puffy all black in front of a white or transparent background. Then let inkscape trace the graphic.

For sure you can manually enter texdraw code to trace the silhuette and fill it black.

For sure you can manually enter TeX-draw code to trace the silhouette and fill it black. It would be more UNIX like and could be done in a text-console.
:ugeek:

7bit

30 Oct 2011, 20:40

fossala wrote:I will get a beastie one made for tomorrow then. At least then it is *BSD agnostic.
But read the copyright carefully!
:evil:

fossala
Elite +1

30 Oct 2011, 20:45

I will have to ask Kirk McKusick, I will send him an email now. From what I have heard as long as you ask he is fine.

EDIT: Sent him an email saying what we want to use the image for and that we would no be able to fit the copyright notice on the keycap.

7bit

30 Oct 2011, 21:02

fossala wrote:I will have to ask Kirk McKusick, I will send him an email now. From what I have heard as long as you ask he is fine.

EDIT: Sent him an email saying what we want to use the image for and that we would no be able to fit the copyright notice on the keycap.
We could let them print it on the front.

Minskleip

30 Oct 2011, 21:58

7bit wrote:For sure you can manually enter TeX-draw code to trace the silhouette and fill it black. It would be more UNIX like and could be done in a text-console.
:ugeek:
I did that for my thesis :ugeek:

Return to “Group buys”