GMK HADapter & HADditionals kit (Sold out, 100% shipped)

HzFaq

09 Aug 2016, 15:09

@scott, very good :D.

nafsasp

09 Aug 2016, 19:40

Hey Wodan!

I just got my HADapter kits in the mail (I'm US-based btw) and I'm really happy with them. I would love to see a Round 2 happen soon, but pleaseeeeee add a 2.75u shift next time, as many Cherry boards have a short right shift, and maybe switch to a different legend for the Win key? I think the newer Windows logo looks a bit off with the vintage look people are going for with a beige keyset. Maybe a text legend (Win, Windows, Code) or the older flag logo?

Here are some pics of my keys if anyone wants to see. I can compare them with some vintage double shots numpad keys I have at home later, and in a few weeks I can compare them to a full set from a G80-1000 (:

duynguyenle

09 Aug 2016, 20:48

Wowwee, exactly 4 weeks from the date of payments to having the box show up at the post office. This is the best GB I've ever taken part in!!! :lol:

I made a post over at GH too, but here are some quick potato quality pictures of them on a board with some OG ANSI doubleshots (and also comparison to an OG 1800 set):

duynguyenle

09 Aug 2016, 21:11

nafsasp wrote: Hey Wodan!

I just got my HADapter kits in the mail (I'm US-based btw) and I'm really happy with them. I would love to see a Round 2 happen soon, but pleaseeeeee add a 2.75u shift next time, as many Cherry boards have a short right shift, and maybe switch to a different legend for the Win key? I think the newer Windows logo looks a bit off with the vintage look people are going for with a beige keyset. Maybe a text legend (Win, Windows, Code) or the older flag logo?

Here are some pics of my keys if anyone wants to see. I can compare them with some vintage double shots numpad keys I have at home later, and in a few weeks I can compare them to a full set from a G80-1000 (:
You could try the vendor-neutral diamond 1.25 mod, it's very elegant! :D

Laser
emacs -nw

09 Aug 2016, 21:25

Is anyone *not using* at all the right 1.75u SHIFT and the nearby 1u FN key? :D

t8c

09 Aug 2016, 21:32

Laser wrote: Is anyone *not using* at all the right 1.75u SHIFT and the nearby 1u FN key? :D
Do you have anything to trade :evilgeek:

Laser
emacs -nw

09 Aug 2016, 21:38

@t8c - I sent a PM

nafsasp

10 Aug 2016, 15:13

duynguyenle wrote:

I neglected to order any :| :| :|

Actually, I'm going to add to my previous statement and say someone should just run GMK Beige again (:

VERGiL

10 Aug 2016, 15:51

I'd also really like to see a classic windows logo in the next run :)

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

10 Aug 2016, 16:52

VERGiL wrote: I'd also really like to see a classic windows logo in the next run :)
Me to and I would love to see 1u “windows“ keys (A & B row), also a spacebar in A row and 1,25 mods in A row (if they exist). Also maybe a 6u cherry spacebar (to build a original sized hhkb cherry replica)?

duynguyenle

10 Aug 2016, 19:01

nafsasp wrote:
duynguyenle wrote:

I neglected to order any :| :| :|

Actually, I'm going to add to my previous statement and say someone should just run GMK Beige again (:
Wasn't there a Classic Beige run recently on GH? (Recenly = earlier this year)

Rimrul

10 Aug 2016, 19:21

hypkx wrote: I would love to see [...] a spacebar in A row and 1,25 mods in A row (if they exist).
AFAIK they don't but didn't someone say "new molds"? :D
Wodan wrote: we can slowly talk about a ROUND 2. [...] And let's make some new molds!

Phenix
-p

10 Aug 2016, 21:15

That would be awesome!

chzel

10 Aug 2016, 21:25

duynguyenle wrote: Wasn't there a Classic Beige run recently on GH? (Recenly = earlier this year)
Unfortunately it didn't hit MOQ. We still need it, but apparently not enough of us...

Khers

10 Aug 2016, 21:45

Received my sets today. This has been my best GB experience! Thanks for the perfect execution, Wodan!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

10 Aug 2016, 23:08

Thanks for the great feedback everybody! Everything still running smoothly on my side as well :)

There were actually two classig beige full set GBs this year:

Chinese GB with a more vintage look and some "Cherry" novelties, but beware of the many pad-printed keys:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80942.0

Malaysian GB with what I would consider the perfect selection of keycaps:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80434.0
Actually ordered TWO sets here a little while before I came up with this HADapter kit idea and when I asked GMK for markups I told them "Just look at the 9009 GB and do all keys identically unless otherwise specified"

Just a little ironic I still haven't gotten my 9009 keycaps yet ;)

duynguyenle

10 Aug 2016, 23:22

Wodan wrote: Thanks for the great feedback everybody! Everything still running smoothly on my side as well :)

There were actually two classig beige full set GBs this year:

Chinese GB with a more vintage look and some "Cherry" novelties, but beware of the many pad-printed keys:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80942.0

Malaysian GB with what I would consider the perfect selection of keycaps:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80434.0
Actually ordered TWO sets here a little while before I came up with this HADapter kit idea and when I asked GMK for markups I told them "Just look at the 9009 GB and do all keys identically unless otherwise specified"

Just a little ironic I still haven't gotten my 9009 keycaps yet ;)
Wodan if you want to let one of the kits go, I call dibs :P

VERGiL

11 Aug 2016, 14:46

Novatouch meets Desko:
https://imgur.com/a/lQ7M0

I won't upload them here directly, because they'll get downscaled since they are 28.2 megapixels large.

derzemel

11 Aug 2016, 17:52

I also received the keycaps today. Will add images later.

Thank you very much Wodan!!!!

Sent from fat fingers on small screen...

rindorbrot

13 Aug 2016, 14:25

After populating the empty spots with stems I have finally a color matching spacebar on my Zowie, thanks again Wodan!
IMG_20160812_073316.jpg
IMG_20160812_073316.jpg (209.37 KiB) Viewed 12565 times
614840682208689502-account_id=1.jpg
614840682208689502-account_id=1.jpg (211.37 KiB) Viewed 12565 times

Prelim

13 Aug 2016, 14:41

got the caps ;)

Some pictures on my poker2 (OG Cherry PT layout), proud to be a DT gangsta!! :P

Geroximo

13 Aug 2016, 18:35

I am literally crying right now, because i missed this GB.
Hoping for leftovers.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

13 Aug 2016, 19:16

I will need to see some real tears now ;)

Naw seriously, really want to get the leftovers rally going soon. I know I said "last week" to some people but it's your fault if you actually listen to what I say ;)

Sooo leftover sales starts sooooohooooon

Prelim

13 Aug 2016, 19:53

now people can kill each other for the remaining 9 kits, right? :lol: :lol:

ideus

13 Aug 2016, 20:12

Prelim wrote: got the caps ;)

Some pictures on my poker2 (OG Cherry PT layout), proud to be a DT gangsta!! :P

Cool pictures prelim.

Geroximo

14 Aug 2016, 00:49

Wodan wrote: I will need to see some real tears now ;)
I can make you cry too, just look at this:
Attachments
IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG (2.15 MiB) Viewed 12498 times

Prelim

14 Aug 2016, 01:38

that's a SAD HAD set :P lol

Wodan
ISO Advocate

14 Aug 2016, 19:40

Seems like HAD prices recovered! Nice 20-30€ range

duynguyenle

14 Aug 2016, 23:11

Wodan I saw this mentioned in another thread, but an idea for round 2 might be to have the ANSI Bar/Backslash key (the one above ANSI Enter) and also the tilde` key in the same colour as the modifiers.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

15 Aug 2016, 07:42

More summertime HADness:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/112095342632

Return to “Group buys”