GMK HADapter & HADditionals kit (Sold out, 100% shipped)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

16 Jun 2016, 09:59

Background
There's alot of vintage Cherry doubleshot ABS keycaps available in the German ISO-DE layout. The great majority of these keycap sets is in a winkeyless layout with a 7U space bar and a stepped caps lock. This makes it very difficult to find nice modern keyboards to put those sweet keycaps on.

Idea
Creating an essentials "Moogle" or adapter kit to fit these commonly available "HAD" keycap sets on the common modern 105-key layout keyboards (Filco, Ducky etc.) and adding a few extra caps for other popular layouts. On top of that, I would like to add three ANSI adapter keys (ANSI-Enter, German \|-key, ANSI-LShift) to allow aesthetic use of ISO-DE keycaps on an ANSI keyboard layout.

Most of your questions regarding the kit content and design will probably be answered in the IC thread:
group-buys-f50/hadapter-kit-t13731.html

PRICES (final)
  • HADapter Kit (Prices in brackets are in case we hit 250pc)
  • 22€ (19€) for Group Buy pre-orders <= This is currently my projected cost including packaging
  • 23,50€ (20,50€) for orders after finaly production planniung (Leftover stage)
  • 25€ (22€) for sets bought from me once in stock (Retail stage)

HADditionals Kit (Prices in brackets are in case we hit 250pc):
  • 10€(9€) for Group Buy pre-orders <= This is currently my projected cost including packaging
  • 11€(10€) for orders after finaly production planniung (Leftover stage)
  • 12€(11€) for sets bought from me once in stock (Retail stage)

I give you all my word that the GB pre-order price is the best price I will ever sell these sets for. Once the GB phase is over, this price will never be available again.

Shipping
I will be sending all international orders below 100€ value for 6€ shipping costs flat tracked & insured.
German orders can be sent for 4,50€ tracked & insured.
Uninsured & untracked shipping is available upon request only in conjunction with SEPA payment. (3,50€ international/2€ Germany)
Orders with a value of over 100€ will receive a custom shipping quote. If your order is over 100€ OR you picked this shipping option in the order form, I will present a custom shipping quote in the invoice using DHL.

Timeline
  • Pay GMK for the first 150 making sure THIS DROP WILL HAPPEN <=== DONE ! Proof below. Two fellow community members also received the confirmation mail from GMK and are hopefully kind enough to confirm here :)
  • Taking GROUP BUY orders for ~4 weeks IT'S OVER until GMK must know the final production numbers. Until then it is still possible to order ANY amount of kits and order at a price that is basically unit cost + 19% German VAT.
  • =>SOON! Stay tuned: Leftover stage! No matter how many kits were ordered during the Group Buy stage, I will order a lot of extra kits at GMK. These kits are a little more expensive now since quantities are limited now.
  • Last stage: Retail stage! The production is scheduled for ~8 weeks from now (since I already paid to secure a production slot) so I expect the keycaps to be ready for PICKUP by mid-end of August. I will personally drive to GMK and pick them up resulting in 0,- shipping cost on that side being factored into the kit prices. I will even ask if I can take my GoPro on a tour through their facilities. Once I sell these kits from stock the price has finally reached "retail price".
Important Information
  • I plan to offer paypal as a payment method along with SEPA. All paypal participants during the GROUP BUY and LEFTOVER stage will be invoiced for a SERVICE. Paypal is very unhappy if I am selling items that haven't been made yet and will not be made for another 8 weeks or so.
  • Three new molds are featured in the GB will be added to the GMK tools for future GBs. The 1.25 R4 diamond modifier key, the 1.5 R2 #' key and the 1u R1 DT key. GMK took over ALL THE TOOLING cost and charged these new keys like existing molds. HELL YEAH!
    Big thanks to community member matt3o for providing the artwork for the diamond AND the DT keycap! He let me use the artwork he was using for his legendary GRANITE keycaps. You're also designing GMK keycaps now.
  • There are no giveaways or freebies. I don't have a margin for that and do this for personal reasons and for fun. Remind me of that in a few weeks ...
  • Orders will be shipped FIFO (first in, first out)
  • This GB will happen 100%. In fact it already happened and the MOQ of 150 sets for each kit has already BEEN PAID FOR. Production date will be set any day now. I want to use the time we're waiting for production to collect orders instead of collect orders first and THEN wait idle. The sooner you order the better the price!
  • It doesn't make sense to ask for additional keys or changes to the layout because it's done already. Ship has sailed. Der Drop ist gelutscht. So please save your energy for the next round.
  • All international orders will be declared with the obvious and objective value of the content to anyone not into keyboards. I hope you all catch my drift here 8-)
ATTACHMENTS
Payment confirmation from GMK:
Spoiler:
====================================================================================
====================================================================================
=========================Leftovers form available soon==========================================

The leftover form will open on Fri, 19th August 2016 at noon sharp Central European Summer Time. Limited quantities!
Last edited by Wodan on 07 Oct 2016, 08:06, edited 13 times in total.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

16 Jun 2016, 10:00

UPDATES

Orders closed. Thanks for all participants. We hardly have any leftovers ;)
All participants will soon get an email with their order status and the chance for some last minute changes (like adding additional DT caps)

GB phase will close on Sunday 03.07.2016!
Extra DT-keycaps available for 1.50€ for all orders of the GB phase with BOTH kits. All participants will be informed via mail and have sufficient time to decide! Don't worry.

GMK has contacted me about finalizing order numbers. That is a lot earlier than anticipated and means the GB phase will end soon. Please get your GB orders in NOW, this phase will end sooner than expected! More details will follow :)
Even if they require the order numbers right now, I will still keep the GB phase open for a little while to allow people to get their GB phase orders in.

Participant list GB Phase (FINAL)
ba7777
faxe
Halvar
Muirium
kekstee
BimboBB
Hzfaq
TalkingTree
VERGiL
dorf
kbdfr
t8c
uncletobai
t!ng
Quint
Ichigo87
Khers
Prelim
Shihatsu
scottc
ideus
hypkx
jou
Stabilized
monone
julientaq
padath
WNovizar
usopia
Tlt
Vaun
LechnerDE
Nuum
Almost
HappyCatFish
nickheller
mrkevint
aaron6301
Daniel
Troif
escape
punkpc
TieuNgu
PlastikSchnittstelle
need
scl
sica
Limitz
sintklaas73
TheWaffleGuy
duynguyenle
Sincile
swimmingbird
HannahPeach
photekq
lordzebu
PietPtr
soilheart
beltet
jackiecanev2
pinkeyedcyclops
Malenky
Fullcream
gamer179
kokokoy
Phenix
akuji13
shreebles
oheim
r5d
Gameaholic
nafsasp
derzemel
chzel
kokokoy
DanielT
copter
asgeirtj
Dra
Rimrul
rindorbrot

Please note: Each line is one order. Should your name appear more than once, please contact me in case you would like to have one of the order entries removed.

Final order count GB Phase (03.07.2016):
HADapter Kit: 105
HADditionals Kit: 89
Last edited by Wodan on 03 Jul 2016, 14:59, edited 8 times in total.

ba7777
飞不动的加林查

16 Jun 2016, 10:10

order submitted. :mrgreen:

faxe
5711 4 life

16 Jun 2016, 10:12

Order submitted!

Muirium
µ

16 Jun 2016, 10:19

I'm in too. Of course, it's only when actually filling in the real order form when I realize it'd be neat to be able to order Moar Spacebras! I should have thought of and nagged for those earlier…
Spoiler:
Better to have space to grow.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

16 Jun 2016, 10:33

Muirium wrote: I'm in too. Of course, it's only when actually filling in the real order form when I realize it'd be neat to be able to order Moar Spacebras! I should have thought of and nagged for those earlier…
Maybe pm justnits, during his recent 9009 GB he offered space bars at a very nice price and didn't even sell half the beige ones. Order still went through so I'm guessing he'll soon be sitting on a lot of leftover space bars. Main reason why I didn't include any here ...

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80434.0

BimboBB

16 Jun 2016, 10:48

Ordered!

Thanks for this GB, Wodan.

Muirium
µ

Shipping kills individual keys, though. Bugger!

HzFaq

This is very exiting, I'm in for a set of each :D.

Thanks for all your work on this one.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

16 Jun 2016, 11:38

I am looking for help spreading the word on Reddit /r/mk and /r/mechmarket.
If you're active there, please link to the thread here. I will be busy maintaining the GH/DT threads but don't want to leave the Reddit crew out!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

16 Jun 2016, 11:52

Ordered - and of course: thanks :D

Muirium
µ

16 Jun 2016, 12:00

Hear hear! I'm in for one of each, like Hzza.

Wondering how the GH and Reddit boys will like their DT caps!

HzFaq

16 Jun 2016, 12:00

Whoops, looks like I double-ordered; blame the crappy work Wi-Fi... Can you cancel one of my orders please? I only want 1 set of each.

Sorry for the confusion :oops:.

edit - ffs, I'm having a nightmare today, that should've been a PM...

Wodan
ISO Advocate

16 Jun 2016, 12:27

Muirium wrote: Wondering how the GH and Reddit boys will like their DT caps!
Well that's one pill to swallow ...

But classic beige and DT just feels natural just like Skidata and GH feels like a very good match.
Still welcoming members from all communities to this GB. It's about getting the most out of your Cherry here and we're all bros when it comes to that.

@HzFaq: consider it done!

t8c

16 Jun 2016, 12:35

I'm in!

uncletobai

16 Jun 2016, 12:45

Ordered, thanks for doing this!

t!ng
Awake Sheep

16 Jun 2016, 13:20

Weeeee

quint

16 Jun 2016, 13:23

Ordered!

Khers

16 Jun 2016, 14:10

In!

Prelim

16 Jun 2016, 14:22

Wodan
ISO Advocate

16 Jun 2016, 14:25

Thanks to all the people who have joined so far :)

And special thanks to Prelim, what a great job spreading the word. Very well made.

Prelim

16 Jun 2016, 14:27

you welcome, I really want to help on this GB ;) Tried to resume the info in the original post, so let me know if you wanted me to change anything.

ideus

16 Jun 2016, 15:09

Ordered. Thank you for designing the GB, and I agree that the DT logo goes in its place in this color way, it is just natural.

Stabilized

16 Jun 2016, 20:53

I am in too, thanks for all your work on this! :D

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

16 Jun 2016, 21:51

I am also in.

scottc

16 Jun 2016, 22:21

Bought two of each. Go Wodan!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

16 Jun 2016, 22:24

Thanks everyone :) At the current speed of orders coming in and taking into account that my thread at GH is still pending approval, I have good hopes we can hit 250pcs each. Be afraid.

@scottc: Go scottc!
Last edited by Wodan on 16 Jun 2016, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.

scottc

16 Jun 2016, 22:26

Yeah, I'm stupid. Realised right after I posted that there were two threads. Already edited my comment so nobody knows. Shhh, now everyone will know!

usopia

17 Jun 2016, 01:46

Ordered two of each. Thanx @Wodan for this GB.

julientaq

17 Jun 2016, 07:23

and my set is on the list!
@Wodan, it‘s an excellent idea.

Return to “Group buys”