Cherry MX switches and stabilisers for plate mounting

7bit

08 Nov 2011, 20:09

litster wrote:Has SP just started doing Dyesub? KL's group buy and the nyancat keycaps are the first time I found out SP does dyesub. The nyancat keycaps look pretty good, except the resulting colors of putting dye on non-white keycaps is a crapshoot.
Dyesub: more expensive and lower quality than DS.
Dyesub: ideal for complicated graphics, like that stupid pixel cat or the ever trolling trollface.
Dyesub: lasts forever, because keys are PBT, except for the space bar.
Dyesub: colors are a bit off, but you can have more than just 2 at a time.
Dyesub: :shock: :roll: :?

ps: Yes, this is the switch and stabiliser discussion thread: carry on!

Curetia

08 Nov 2011, 20:15

Which Switch did I need for a Filco Majestouch 2? I want Clears, so I can build Ergo-Clears with the springs from the Brown-Switches on the Filco.

N8N

08 Nov 2011, 20:19

Doesn't matter - if you already have a Filco with browns or blues, as long as you get some flavor of clear switch you will have what you need. AFAIK the only difference between "plate mount" and "PCB mount" switches is the presence of the pins on the bottom of the PCB mount switches. So if you have no plans for the switches, you might as well order PCB mount if you think you might be working on an old Cherry board in the near future; if you have to use one of the switch bottoms for your Filco, you can just shave the nubs off with a razor knife. However if you wanted to have all shiny new stuff for your Filco, then order the plate mount version, and just swap in the springs from your old switches. I hope that made sense...

hemflit

14 Nov 2011, 02:19

Does this mean piles of 800 identical switches, or any kind of mix and match? Because who's going to need 800 spacebar switches?

mintberryminuscrunch

14 Nov 2011, 02:32

litster

14 Nov 2011, 17:32

Blainchen, have you received the quote for your offer yet?

7bit_r4

14 Nov 2011, 18:07

hemflit wrote:Does this mean piles of 800 identical switches, or any kind of mix and match? Because who's going to need 800 spacebar switches?
It is 1600 per switch type.

We will get the other switches which do not make it near 1600 elsewhere (Mouser etc.).

hemflit

14 Nov 2011, 23:45

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:wood board with greens
That's... really awesome.
7bit_r4 wrote:It is 1600 per switch type.

We will get the other switches which do not make it near 1600 elsewhere (Mouser etc.).
I see, thanks.
It sounds like there'll likely be enough interest for about one type of switch total.

bpiphany

15 Nov 2011, 16:57

sixty wrote:I don't think Cherry still sells any of the "plate mounting" stablizers and you probably would have to hit up a Taiwan company for those.
Are you sure about this? If anything, I would have thought that PCB mounting was the fading alternative... At least mouser have a bunch of the 2X plate mounted stabilizers coming into stock by the end of the year, at the moment they are flat out of them =P

sixty
Gasbag Guru

15 Nov 2011, 18:20

PrinsValium wrote:
sixty wrote:I don't think Cherry still sells any of the "plate mounting" stablizers and you probably would have to hit up a Taiwan company for those.
Are you sure about this? If anything, I would have thought that PCB mounting was the fading alternative... At least mouser have a bunch of the 2X plate mounted stabilizers coming into stock by the end of the year, at the moment they are flat out of them =P
I'm not certain, but the stabilizers used in the Leopold and such seem to be not made by Cherry, but instead by some third party. I could not find them in their Asian product catalogs either.

ripster

15 Nov 2011, 18:22

Cherry G99 Stabilizer Clones?
switchandlevelfs9.png
switchandlevelfs9.png (39.82 KiB) Viewed 4772 times
Maybe THAT'S why Elitekeyboards now sells $6 tubes of silicone grease.

litster

22 Nov 2011, 06:40

blainchen, do we just need to tell you how many of each switch type we need and you can order for us for the Phantom group buy, or do we need to make an official quote request?

DraJin

22 Nov 2011, 08:51

webwit wrote:I'm getting some stabilizers from kbdmania, where there will be a group buy for use in the KMAC. Taeyoung might be able to inform you or point you to the right person to find out their source.
^^; http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/index.php?mi ... rl=3166146 << closed..

But if webwit says, I think that should be available.

Because! webwit is our good friend.

^ ^ a

Return to “Group buys”