DSA Granite Homing Bump F + J keys

shadowdude777

05 Aug 2016, 19:09

GROUP BUY FORM HERE, please tell me if anything is wonky!

Interest check was here

Hey guys, I've gotten a ton of responses on this. We can get at least 50 orders at the 50-unit ($4.28 per set) price, so I think that this can be graduated to group-buy stage. :)

So, if you want one set of bumpy goodness in the CONUS, it should be a little over $7 shipped CONUS! (I estimate around $7.50)

---

To recap, this is a set of F and J keys that fit with DSA Granite, but have homing bumps instead of scoops/deep-dishes.

For the uninitiated, homing bumps are a raised plastic dot on the center of a key. Similar to the bars on most keycaps, but on DSA, you can't get bars, you can only get a dot. As an example, the bottom board here has a homing bump on its F key (which has a "5" legend)

---

More info:

How much is shipping?

[*] This is the biggest complaint people had about the Interest Check. So I've decided not to ship via Flat Rate. Instead, I'll be doing First Class + bubble mailers. This should cost <$3 for CONUS and <$4 international.

[*] Note that if you want insurance, you'll have to pay for that yourself, and I won't be responsible for uninsured packages being lost in the mail. This Group Buy is being run totally at-cost! There's an option for insured vs uninsured in the GB form.

How long will this Group Buy be open?

[*] Once we reach 50 units, I'll make another, last-call post about this, and give it about another week, and then place the order with the number of units we have.

Will there be extras?

[*] Maybe a few. But they won't be made available to anyone until I have confirmed that everyone who was in the Group Buy received theirs successfully, because otherwise they get first dibs on the extras. Then maybe I'll have a few sets left over to sell. But don't count on this because if you don't join the Group Buy, we might not reach the MOQ of 50 units! :)

Are there any possible further price breaks?

[*] Yes! Here are the volume discounts Signature Plastics quoted:

| Sets ordered | Price per set |
|------------|---------------|
| 50 | $4.28 |
| 75 | $3.40 |
| 100 | $2.96 |
| 150 | $2.68 |
| 250 | $2.16 |
| 500 | $1.90 |

If we could hit 75 units, that'd be fantastic. Everyone would save almost $1. And I think that it's feasible!

---

I'm more active on Reddit than anywhere else, and I have a bunch of confirmed trades on /r/mechmarket, so I'm hoping people trust me. :)

Here's the Reddit thread, which is my main "home-base" for this. Feel free to PM me here, on GeekHack, or on Reddit, but I will respond MUCH faster on Reddit.

Thank you all for your interest. I hope we hit the 50 units right away!

seaworthy

05 Sep 2017, 23:46

just wondering if this group buy worked out...any inventory?

Return to “Group buys”