[IC] HADapter Round II (Pok3rFox, Diamonds, Splitkit) <= PRICES

For which Layout would you like to see the next HADapter kit?

WhiteFox (Focus on TrueFox)
28%
OLKB Planck/Preonic (See OP for layout)
19%
Pok3r (Mostly PN/FN mods)
43%
JD40/45like non-ortholinear 40% layouts
10%

Total votes: 134

Mieber

09 Aug 2017, 09:40

To be honest I just scaned the whole thread quickly, but what is the current state of this GB / IC? Still in discussion and the actual GB will happen whenever it ... well... will happen? Or did I already miss it?

PlastikSchnittstelle

09 Aug 2017, 14:22

wodan is waiting for another quote from GMK.
listen

Mieber

09 Aug 2017, 15:01

Damn. Nice keyboard. And what is it with those Wodan build vids? Why do I enjoy watching them? And why do others?

Anyway: thanks for the answer! :)

ideus

09 Aug 2017, 21:57

Patience wins at the end, always.

Prelim

10 Aug 2017, 16:36

ideus wrote: Patience wins at the end, always.
except for some mythical GB ripoffs lol

ideus

10 Aug 2017, 21:29

Prelim wrote:
ideus wrote: Patience wins at the end, always.
except for some mythical GB ripoffs lol

+1, those were not really mythical but actual ripoff that took off real money for poor candid participants.

PlastikSchnittstelle

10 Aug 2017, 21:43

what are you talking about? you're making me curious!
would you please be so kind and tell a guy with little keyboard-community history like me which GB you're talking about?

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

10 Aug 2017, 22:04

Probably some scam GBs on Geekhack, where the leader got MIA with all the money.

ideus

10 Aug 2017, 22:59

Right! First things first, the comment is totally of out of place here, as Mr. Wodan is a trustworthy fellow. It was just a reference to some failed GBs and sells that happened at GH, last year.

Prelim

11 Aug 2017, 00:51

we were talking about some guys who vanish out of thin air on GH, yes!

Geroximo

21 Aug 2017, 17:48

What's the status? Still waiting for prices?
I don't want to miss Round II

Wodan
ISO Advocate

21 Aug 2017, 17:55

Still broke! bear with me ...

Put myself on a budget now with the goal of getting the funds for HADapter II together soon but had some unexpected expenses lately and another quarterly tax payment coming up which currently tie my hands.

ideus

21 Aug 2017, 19:10

Wodan wrote: Still broke! bear with me ...

Put myself on a budget now with the goal of getting the funds for HADapter II together soon but had some unexpected expenses lately and another quarterly tax payment coming up which currently tie my hands.
No worries, we can always wait, no hurries, either.

complex

07 Sep 2017, 15:33

Any updates available?

ideus

09 Oct 2017, 00:42

Three split kits for me please. But wait, the GB is not open yet? LOL.

mastercheif116

26 Oct 2017, 17:00

question about the renders/layouts on page 1: top render shows 1.5u backspace, but the KLE kit shown below that does not include it. Is that BS going to be included? I'm going to jump on this set either way, but i'll be real sad if theres no 1.5u BS

funkden

07 Nov 2017, 22:43

I think I have found the solution to my Pok3r problem with this GB. I have one small question though, what about the R Shift, I see it in the render, but not contained in any of the kits (the split kit?). Also my ISO Enter, I butchered from a G81-3000 might look a little off colour with the rest...

ideus

08 Nov 2017, 02:40

The 2.75 long right shift is not included in the adapter kit, because it is common in HAD and most ANSI sets. The blank key in the space bar kit is exactly the same profile but with no legends, still, it is an alternative replacement, meanwhile you get the right thing.

funkden

08 Nov 2017, 08:48

Ok thanks. Maybe my best bet is to hunt for a set from a "vintage" G80-3000 or in the interim a blank set of modifiers.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 Nov 2017, 11:27

Your keycaps are apparently lasered though, if so doubleshot ones will look pretty different.

funkden

12 Nov 2017, 16:07

Maybe one day ill find a ISO Swedish set tht are doubleshot, I can live in hope. I guess I might as well get a dremmel out and start trying to modify the R4 keycaps in the meantime.

t8c

12 Nov 2017, 17:49

Join the GMK beige/white international kit https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92140 !

Khers

12 Nov 2017, 20:40

funkden wrote: Maybe one day ill find a ISO Swedish set tht are doubleshot, I can live in hope. I guess I might as well get a dremmel out and start trying to modify the R4 keycaps in the meantime.
Finding Cherry HAO keycaps is a difficult task. Given their apparent rarity, luck is your best bet. From the time I started looking for these until I had them in hand was a little while (featuring the first round of hadapter, btw).
So, for the sake of your sanity, I'd recommend you do like t8c says and buy the international kit. Beige Cherry keycaps are relatively easy to find. Swedish legends, however, are not.

scottc

12 Nov 2017, 23:34

Damn Khers, that looks fantastic. I swear, you people with photography skills manage to make these boards look better than in real life somehow.

complex

12 Nov 2017, 23:39

Does anybody have an update on this GB? It has been quite a while since the last one :D

Wodan
ISO Advocate

13 Nov 2017, 00:23

Oh yeah sorry for the lack of updates, i should post this in the OP.
I‘m currently too busy with RL stuff and other keyboard side projects to give this GB the attention it would require. We‘ve all seen half assed GBs and I will not deliver a bad performance. There‘s been the 9009v2 GB recently which probably helped some of you get some missing key and I will reconsider some of the kits here based on the 9009 GB when it‘s time to pick this up again. Currently I am expecting 100+ keyboards from Cindy for EU distribution so this will keep me beyond busy for a while!

Khers

13 Nov 2017, 06:48

scottc wrote: Damn Khers, that looks fantastic. I swear, you people with photography skills manage to make these boards look better than in real life somehow.
It's not the photography skills, it's the expensive photography gear. Or was it the other way around? I forgot. :maverick:

gogusrl

13 Nov 2017, 07:04

scottc wrote: Damn Khers, that looks fantastic. I swear, you people with photography skills manage to make these boards look better than in real life somehow.
First they got our playboy models, now they've upgraded to keyboards :D

funkden

14 Nov 2017, 13:39

Oh I only just seen this, that looks very very nice, how much for the keycaps ;)

funkden

14 Nov 2017, 13:41

Khers wrote:
funkden wrote: Maybe one day ill find a ISO Swedish set tht are doubleshot, I can live in hope. I guess I might as well get a dremmel out and start trying to modify the R4 keycaps in the meantime.
Finding Cherry HAO keycaps is a difficult task. Given their apparent rarity, luck is your best bet. From the time I started looking for these until I had them in hand was a little while (featuring the first round of hadapter, btw).
So, for the sake of your sanity, I'd recommend you do like t8c says and buy the international kit. Beige Cherry keycaps are relatively easy to find. Swedish legends, however, are not.
I guess I be bidding against you on Tradera then when a set come up eh? Where did you get yours btw?

Return to “Group buys”