[IC] HADapter Round II (Pok3rFox, Diamonds, Splitkit) <= PRICES

For which Layout would you like to see the next HADapter kit?

WhiteFox (Focus on TrueFox)
28%
OLKB Planck/Preonic (See OP for layout)
19%
Pok3r (Mostly PN/FN mods)
43%
JD40/45like non-ortholinear 40% layouts
10%

Total votes: 134

jani80k

10 Jun 2019, 22:40

kbdfr wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 21:59
In my opinion you are adding some useless keys (as they already exist in standard OG Cherry sets) and forgetting exactly those which made Wodan's sets so remarkable.
Hi,

we observed that in popular recent GMK sets, the MENU and WIN text is used. This also matches our feedback from people on discord so we went for that for now. However, this is subject to discussion and we could do a vote on this if more people are requesting it.

Moreover, the redundant keys which I suppose you are referring to are there for consistency reasons to give ANSI owners of OG keycaps the chance to replace their text+icon keys with icon only (backspace, tab).

If you are really interested in buying this set, then please fill out the form and we will take into account what you are wanting. We will try to make as many people happy as possible.

Cheers

scottc

10 Jun 2019, 22:56

Code/Menu keys are very tacky imo. Diamonds etc were much better.

samuelcable

10 Jun 2019, 23:09

scottc wrote:
agreed

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Jun 2019, 07:50

jani80k wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 22:40
[…] Moreover, the redundant keys which I suppose you are referring to are there for consistency reasons to give ANSI owners of OG keycaps the chance to replace their text+icon keys with icon only (backspace, tab). […]
Are original Cherry ANSI sets so common that there is actually a market for completing them? :?

As the name (HADapter) already suggests, Wodan's approach was based on assuming owners of original German winkeyless sets would want to make them fit for more modern keyboards (including ANSI). As these OG sets are still quite easy to get, this in my opinion was a very smart approach.

And again: the lack of AltGr (which, as you may well know, is not simply a right Alt on ISO boards) is at least for me a strong deterrent.

jani80k

11 Jun 2019, 10:30

kbdfr wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 07:50
And again: the lack of AltGr (which, as you may well know, is not simply a right Alt on ISO boards) is at least for me a strong deterrent.
We are all ISO-DE users who are running this kit but we are putting our personal preferences aside for the sake of making MoQ. I will keep the ALT GR topic in the back of my head ...
scottc wrote:
...and also discuss the Diamond Keys internally. You can be sure that we take your input seriously and will try to find a solution to make as many people happy as we can.

Today it is a reality and our general feeling is that if you don't include the ANSI crowd, you have a hard time making MoQ.

Prelim

11 Jun 2019, 14:27

I guess with such high demand for this kit (HADapter alike) MOQ wont be a problem... also, many ANSI users prefer "icon only" mods.

jani80k

08 Aug 2019, 09:23

Hey guys, please support our kit. Lots of our time went into this and we are not making profit from it.

Muirium
µ

08 Aug 2019, 09:56

I’m guessing it’s too late to ask for more spacebars? Those offset centre Cherry originals are so annoying!

jani80k

08 Aug 2019, 10:35

there is a OG space bar kit by hineybush. oblotzky is selling 10 of them on mechmarket.

Muirium
µ

08 Aug 2019, 11:43

Got links?

AdrianMan

08 Aug 2019, 12:46

Muirium wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:43
Got links?
I have one of those split spacebars kits.

I'm selling the black and gray spacebars as I only need the beige ones.

PM me if interested

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 Aug 2019, 13:10

Muirium
µ

09 Aug 2019, 01:05

Thanks. But I can feel my Reddit hives.

I’m only interested in beige, by the way. I’ve just two sets of Cherry caps: ANSI dyesubs and ANSI doubleshots, all classic cream. Just got one 6.25u spacebar though.

jani80k

14 Aug 2019, 09:49

The addon set contains a 6.25u spacebar.

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/gmk-missing-keys_1150/

Muirium
µ

14 Aug 2019, 13:11

Indeed. I may be in. It’s just a bit pricey for me when all I need is the spacebar and 1.25u mods. I’m all set for the rest already from round 1 and the fact both my vintage Cherry sets are ANSI.

jani80k

15 Aug 2019, 11:26

Ok, I can understand. To others who might have a need for this set: we are still looking for people to support us reach MoQ!

Shorle

12 May 2021, 12:18

Sorry to necro, but how feasible is a round 2 GB these days?
The last update is literally years old and the community has shifted a lot - including wait times for GMK.

Just here to support this noble cause and pledge my interest.

Zylkan

12 May 2021, 12:26

I would be in on this if it indeed does happen.

Z

Return to “Group buys”