6%
In for more than three Beamspring Controller
2%
Intereste in a Beamspring-USB-Solenoid-Driver-Rev2
42%

Total votes: 96

Vizir

20 Mar 2017, 20:16

Can we order displaywriter and MF controllers too?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wodan
ISO Advocate

20 Mar 2017, 20:32

Vizir wrote: Can we order displaywriter and MF controllers too?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
No to displaywriter, yes to MF controller.

emdude
Model M Apologist

21 Mar 2017, 07:29

Put in an order for a Model F Xwhatsit, my AT needs some love. :)

Thanks for doing this Wodan.

Wingklip

22 Mar 2017, 14:18

Need a display writer compatible xwhatsit or a beam spring one, either one. Also defs need that solenoid driver lmao

alh84001
v.001

22 Mar 2017, 22:53

For a displaywriter, you can use the model F controller as it has the same number of rows and columns. You just need to adapt it (rewire the pins).

Vizir

23 Mar 2017, 15:58

alh84001 wrote:For a displaywriter, you can use the model F controller as it has the same number of rows and columns. You just need to adapt it (rewire the pins).
More info on this?

alh84001
v.001

23 Mar 2017, 19:49

http://downloads.cornall.co/ibm-capsens ... e-usb.html

Check section 4.3 Beamspring Displaywriter controller

limelight

02 Apr 2017, 22:02

I ordered last week. When are the invoices going out?

Wingklip

04 Apr 2017, 06:28

Would like to get it the same time I get my 5251 beamfoot

Wodan
ISO Advocate

04 Apr 2017, 08:39

As soon as lot_lizard is asking me for the money I will close the form here, invoice you all and send him the money.

I will be ordering a good bunch more anyway so a few unpaid invoices aren't gonna break me ...

taylorswiftttttt

04 Apr 2017, 19:39

removed
Last edited by taylorswiftttttt on 25 May 2022, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.

Wingklip

06 Apr 2017, 07:22

taylorswiftttttt wrote: Will you post warning a couple days before the form is closed?

I see you blackmailed him of his other beamspring! lmao

Wingklip

06 Apr 2017, 07:23

Wingklip wrote:
taylorswiftttttt wrote: Will you post warning a couple days before the form is closed?

I see, you blackmailed him of his other beamspring! lmao

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

06 Apr 2017, 19:05

If I submit a new form with added solenoid driver will the invoice have shipping charges as I have already paid for 1 xwhatsit and shipping?

DMA

06 Apr 2017, 22:44

[SPAM]

Care to switch to another controller? 1000 USB reports per second, 7kHz scan rate (3.5kHz for buckling spring), better noise immunity, buckling spring support on the same hardware!
Cheap*!

*) not as cheap as buckling spring version - but still. That huge blue connector is probably the most expensive part.

Disclosure:
DOES NOT support solenoid driver (I don't have hardware to test and problems, if any, will be with electrical noise generated by driver and it's very inductive load) - but has the expansion header I now use for debugging purposes and there's lots of free space in flash to add such support. Easy.
DOES NOT support macros - I'm building the configuration utility built for non-windows systems instead. Support is less trivial to add, but far from impossible.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

06 Apr 2017, 22:46

Good one DMA. It's so fresh some might be dazed and confused...

DMA

06 Apr 2017, 23:03

seebart wrote: Good one DMA. It's so fresh some might be dazed and confused...
Well.. there's uncertainty, of course - as with everything new.
But the point was, actually, to point to the MF thread which will have voting on this soon. I just forgot to actually point there. Fixing!
Not trying to make any money on this (though in my current situation I probably should! :)).
Is non-commercial spam still spam? :)

Update Wodan, may be you'll make a poll? After all, the difference will be in 1 passive adapter. Because of the controller size may be there will even be a single adapter for 5251 and DisplayWriter.

Vizir

07 Apr 2017, 15:31

pansku wrote:If I submit a new form with added solenoid driver will the invoice have shipping charges as I have already paid for 1 xwhatsit and shipping?
I have also modified my order. I had paid for a couple of items with the MF group buy, and now I've changed the quantity of these items.

Chyros

24 Apr 2017, 17:43

I think I didn't actually fill in the form earlier, just posted a response here :p . As I'm a bit late to the whole thing I'm not sure what the status of this is at the moment?

y11971alex

09 May 2017, 14:55

Any news on this?

emdude
Model M Apologist

09 May 2017, 23:08

y11971alex wrote: Any news on this?
See this: group-buys-f50/model-mf-drop-in-kit-for ... ml#p370392
lot_lizard wrote: I will work on getting the controllers and LED boards ordered this weekend. We have several different controller configurations for the xWhatsit to order as well as part of Wodan's buy.

Bucake

17 May 2017, 11:59

do new orders still go through?
i see the form is still up, but i'd rather be sure :-) considering the last update was march 20th

Wodan
ISO Advocate

17 May 2017, 12:11

GB is currently on hold, looking for a way to deliver to the original participants within the PayPal dispute window or refund everyone. No reason to worry for anyone, I still have all the money and nothing has been lost. Trying my best to deliver!

FYI : The PP Buyer Protection should run out in

_MID JULY_

so unless I have a good plan how to fill the orders, I will refunding everyone by

_END OF JUNE_ !!!

seebart

17 May 2017, 13:00

Hmm that's a shame but thanks for the update. I was talking to Aimee from pcbway yesterday for them to look at the original xwhatsit production files he has posted at oshpark.

orihalcon

17 May 2017, 18:21

I am doing my own run of these that should be in my hands in 2 weeks approximately. I am not posting them for sale until I actually have them in hand and tested with an oscilloscope. Also will have solenoid drivers and some actual original solenoids available as well.

Bucake

18 May 2017, 00:51

orihalcon wrote: I am doing my own run of these that should be in my hands in 2 weeks approximately. I am not posting them for sale until I actually have them in hand and tested with an oscilloscope. Also will have solenoid drivers and some actual original solenoids available as well.
great to hear!
any chance you will also be doing the beamspring-displaywriter controller?

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

18 May 2017, 01:00

I hope this GB makes it, there are 3+ keyboards which needs a new controller :D :D

orihalcon

18 May 2017, 04:07

Bucake wrote:
orihalcon wrote: I am doing my own run of these that should be in my hands in 2 weeks approximately. I am not posting them for sale until I actually have them in hand and tested with an oscilloscope. Also will have solenoid drivers and some actual original solenoids available as well.
great to hear!
any chance you will also be doing the beamspring-displaywriter controller?
I'd like to, but It won't be feasible to do a run of the displaywriter variant just because there aren't all that many around unfortunately to justify ordering. Would need a minimum order quantity of at least 50 to make the price somewhat reasonable. However, I did come up with a way to do it with a Model F Xwhatsit (and those I do have) as detailed here:

keyboards-f2/success-displaywriter-beam ... 16469.html

I have plenty of Model F controllers would recommend that process if you can solder. I can pre-flash it with the displaywriter compatible firmware if you like. For those that can not solder, I am thinking that I may offer them "pre-wired" to a 30 pin connector for somewhat more. Problem is that it took me like an hour or so to make the last one just with all of the wire stripping and aligning things, and my free time is somewhat limited these days.

Though my philosophy is, "no beamspring left behind!" ...so I'll probably find time to make the hand wired custom Model F to Displaywriter ones here and there for those that need them :)

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

28 May 2017, 20:09

@Wodan
So after the Model MF project is on hold, I think there is no other way than order the controllers on your own, or cancel the GB? :(

seebart

28 May 2017, 20:25

hypkx wrote: @Wodan
So after the Model MF project is on hold, I think there is no other way than order the controllers on your own, or cancel the GB? :(
Yes that's what I think also. Possibly another option would be to get several quotes from places like pcbway for xwhatsit controllers for which Tom Wong-Cornall provides all his data:

https://oshpark.com/profiles/xwhatsit

Of course there is DMA's work just waiting...

workshop-f7/commonsense-controller-bett ... 13988.html

Return to “Group buys”