Round 7 / ALGOL-style / Deadline 2018-11-30

7bit

17 Sep 2016, 08:49

No, I ship them separately.
;-)

dsaf

17 Sep 2016, 13:57

So the pound key is definitely out of the question? Not being negative, just want to know to plan things (e.g. possibility of getting it from some other set, which colour etc.). Thanks!

eddible

17 Sep 2016, 17:28

dsaf wrote:So the pound key is definitely out of the question? Not being negative, just want to know to plan things (e.g. possibility of getting it from some other set, which colour etc.). Thanks!
I can't find it now but I swear 7bit said that the only change in legend is that the text modifier font is now bigger than it was in round 5/6 so you *should* be fine using a round 6 UK kit to complete a round 7 set. Hopefully 7bit can confirm!

7bit

17 Sep 2016, 18:29

I'm afraid most of the keys will have slightly smaller legends than the other keys.

But still: How many people will buy these?
:?

stevepet

17 Sep 2016, 18:43

I hate to ask this since 7bit has done an awesome job on all the options for this new round.
But, is there any chance for mono legend keys?
Hopefully I just missed it since the list of available choices is so big.

7bit

17 Sep 2016, 18:55

You mean like these:

SL89

17 Sep 2016, 19:13

7bit wrote: I'm afraid most of the keys will have slightly smaller legends than the other keys.

But still: How many people will buy these?
how small?

7bit

17 Sep 2016, 19:39

This small:
HONEYB_TKL_CADET_with_UK_keys.png
HONEYB_TKL_CADET_with_UK_keys.png (118.86 KiB) Viewed 10409 times
:o

"2 will be re-done for the INTER kit, so it is only £3 that really sticks out. The I\ will also be redone, remains 3 other keys.
:sigh:

BTW, can't you just use *' and ,# from the INTER kit? They look similar to your @' and ~# keys ...
:evilgeek:

stevepet

17 Sep 2016, 21:10

7bit wrote: You mean like these:
Yes, that is a good start. The row 1 for the NUMROW keys would be perfect but the row 3 limitation for the NUMERIC7 would be a problem.

7bit

17 Sep 2016, 21:21

I only mean the legends, not the rows where they are in. Maybe you should let me know what should be on those legends. Just US-layout or also UK layout ( :evilgeek: ) ?

stevepet

17 Sep 2016, 21:26

I guess an ALGOL mono legend set would be this with 1 key for each legend.
ALGOL_US_CREAM_icon.png
ALGOL_US_CREAM_icon.png (68.29 KiB) Viewed 10431 times

stevepet

17 Sep 2016, 21:28

7bit wrote: I only mean the legends, not the rows where they are in. Maybe you should let me know what should be on those legends. Just US-layout or also UK layout ( :evilgeek: ) ?
I can't really speak for anything other than the US layout. :?

dsaf

17 Sep 2016, 23:53

Maybe UK kit is really not worth the trouble then... RetroBlight (GH) will be good enough. My ideal is something like this though:

The keys are coloured semantically:

(it's just a quick rough sketch - not ISO, no symbols, no stepped keys etc.)

7bit

18 Sep 2016, 00:07

It looks butt ugly this way.

But:
ALGOL_TKLCADETSYM_TEST2_CREAM.png
ALGOL_TKLCADETSYM_TEST2_CREAM.png (430.39 KiB) Viewed 10376 times
:ugeek:

tylerfitch

18 Sep 2016, 04:16

Thinking about a Green Opaque Acrylic B.Mini EX that looks like this:
Attachments
b.mini x2 keycaps.jpg
b.mini x2 keycaps.jpg (170.03 KiB) Viewed 10340 times

7bit

18 Sep 2016, 09:45

I would add red and blue to the bottom right ...
... and why did you put the space bar the wrong way on?
:evilgeek:

BTW: which colours for the UK kit?
:roll:

eddible

18 Sep 2016, 10:02

7bit wrote:
I still can't decide which colour I want to order! If I had to pick one it'd be in the grey alphas with cream legends as I love the RGB cream modifiers.

nowai

18 Sep 2016, 13:03

Are these the correct colors for R6 and R7?
I'm trying to match R7 somehow with my old order.

Code: Select all

R6	 R7
GREY		GPA	GDC
BLUE		BFP	BFP
VIOLETT	RDE	RDE
CREAM     WV	 WCK
RED		 RAS	RA
GREEN	  /	  VCS

7bit

18 Sep 2016, 13:08

WV and WCK should look the same., becuase in fact R6 CREAM is WCK. I had to change becuase their new color stock in WV looks totally different from WV of Round 4. WCK is the closest match.

dsaf

18 Sep 2016, 14:34

eddible wrote:
7bit wrote:
I still can't decide which colour I want to order! If I had to pick one it'd be in the grey alphas with cream legends as I love the RGB cream modifiers.
Yay :oops: :P! I am not sure either at the moment. It's like a candy store! I guess the least selfish option is to have cream-on-gray and gray-on-cream same as Roman kit. Green-on-cream would be awesome for my crazy clown set.

kenshinjeff

18 Sep 2016, 17:30

Hi, I noticed this "Production will be separate for each color and will start with the most successful color, once there are enough orders."

What happens if I pick a colour that nobody else happens to choose? Or how will there be something like a tabulation of orders so we can see what colours are popular?

7bit

18 Sep 2016, 17:40

Will not happen, except for UK kits which might only be available in cream on green.
:P

It is too early to post any table. This might change daily, but later I will certainly do something like this.

usopia

18 Sep 2016, 21:09

eddible wrote:
Wodan wrote:I will keep asking this but can we PLEHEASE get international kits with the secondary ALGOL/ASCII legends?

Maybe just in the most common alpha colors ... but that would REALLY complete the special theme of this round!
Quite a bummer the amazing space cadet caps were only available in ANSI-US layout, maybe we can up the game one step this time?
I second this. International/ISO support for all the colour ways would also be so good. I love the violet but no ISO kit.
+1
Want ALGOL/INTER/REDCREAM etc...

7bit

18 Sep 2016, 21:19

INTER kits don't sell very well. More colors and more legend variations (CADET and ASCII) will make it even more difficult.

I even considered to leave them away altogether.
:shock:

usopia

18 Sep 2016, 22:09

What a pity. Then this time I have to skip the Round, perhaps some single caps or at least a Modifier Kit.

priyadi

19 Sep 2016, 06:53

7bit, this is maybe a bit late now, and I don't know what the demand is like. but would you consider US international legends? If not now maybe for R8 in a couple years :).

Wodan
ISO Advocate

19 Sep 2016, 07:37

What's the 1800 cursorbase row profile for round 5/6 ?
Want to make a Cadet-1800

sulfurus

19 Sep 2016, 08:41

7bit wrote:
doom2 wrote: I'm new to the GB methods of 7bit. If I place an order, will I be sent a PayPal invoice only for the sets that go into production. For example, if I place an order for ALGOL/CADETBASE/VIOLETTCREAM as well as ALGOL/MOD100/RGB/CREAM, but only one meets MOQ, do I only get charged for one?

Another question: What sets do I need to fill an Ergodox? I know Round 6 had Ergo modifiers but I don't see any for Round 7.
No you will get payment instructions depending on your location. All items will be invoiced and if you don't pay your order might be cleared and you can not get the 25% rebate.

Example order:
ALGOL/CADETBASE/VIOLETTCREAM
ALGOL/MOD100/RGB/CREAM
ALGOL/SPACE625/CREAM 2
your e-mail address
ADDRESS
your shipping address
2-digit ISO country code (e.g. US or DE, or XY)

Until orders for ALGOL-style kits get locked, you will be able to get your money back, if a kit does not make it.

Those Ergodox kits, or blank keys in general are very expensive. The keys are cheaper but they count as a different color, because where the legends go in, there must be something of the same color as the key, which results often in blanks being more expansive than keys with legends. So, if I add these, I will double check before I fix the prices for them how much SP will really charge for them. The last time I lost a lot of money. Nobody who ordered an ERGODOX kit ever paid the price the keys really cost!
:o :shock:

Can you make a Ergobox set, plz

7bit

19 Sep 2016, 09:28

priyadi wrote: 7bit, this is maybe a bit late now, and I don't know what the demand is like. but would you consider US international legends? If not now maybe for R8 in a couple years :).
I don't want more than 2 legends on the top of the keys. Front printing might be an option, but this is quite some niche.

7bit

19 Sep 2016, 09:30

Wodan wrote: What's the 1800 cursorbase row profile for round 5/6 ?
Want to make a Cadet-1800
Just let me know what is missing ...

Return to “Group buys”